NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-09-2024, 07:20 PM
Sam F.

I told him a BUNCH were going to be fake, but would be able to tell him more once they're in hand. I think he said he paid $500.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:47 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKADixie View Post
I told him a BUNCH were going to be fake, but would be able to tell him more once they're in hand. I think he said he paid $500.
All fake. Unfortunately, your friend is out $500. I was a bit unsure about the signed 1985 Star Miichael Jordan, but you can see from this link here (Link), it is just an Etsy reproduction. Better to just stick with ebay and their authentication guarantee program.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:33 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
All fake. Unfortunately, your friend is out $500. I was a bit unsure about the signed 1985 Star Miichael Jordan, but you can see from this link here (Link), it is just an Etsy reproduction. Better to just stick with ebay and their authentication guarantee program.
Agreed, all the pre war are Etsy fakes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 04-09-2024, 10:08 PM

All reprints, but the seller's price was that he had the decimal in the wrong place. He had, mistakenly, an extra zero before the decimal. All might be worth $50.00 together.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:11 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKADixie View Post
Ouch, this may hurt quite a bit then. These are all Etsy cards, looking at the print, wear patterns and numerous other items I personally don’t think a single one is real, none. Even the Fleer Koufax is a 98 cent Etsy card.

I think he fell into dangerous waters and likely got scammed for the full lot which cost the seller about 80 bucks at most and a hours work selecting his order. I won’t beat on it, pass on my sympathies.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:09 AM
Albert Bee

Default collection

nice, they look pretty good
Old 04-10-2024, 07:05 AM
Dave

Pretty good day at the flea market…for the seller.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:03 AM
Scott Russell

I don't see even one card that I feel comfortable with.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-10-2024, 08:23 AM
J@mes In.gram

I prefer and collect raw cards. But this, wow.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 04-10-2024, 08:32 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Pretty good day at the flea market…for the seller.
Dave lol
Old 04-10-2024, 09:19 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Hopefully he didn't spend too much on a bunch of pretty bad fakes.

Whenever you find a collection for sale always ask yourself the following question...

"Where have all the Carlton Willey's gone?"

by this I mean other than in a Major Auction House where would you ever find cards spanning 4 to 5 decades without a single common (like Carlton Willey) player in the bunch?

It just never happens in the wild and should immediately make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up that something isn't right.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 04-10-2024, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Hopefully he didn't spend too much on a bunch of pretty bad fakes.

Whenever you find a collection for sale always ask yourself the following question...

by this I mean other than in a Major Auction House where would you ever find cards spanning 4 to 5 decades without a single common (like Carlton Willey) player in the bunch?

It just never happens in the wild and should immediately make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up that something isn't right.
Very true. But the swap meet seller did throw in a token 'Carlton Willey' with the E92 Bridwell (or perhaps the card has a T206 Piedmont back).

Brian
Old 04-10-2024, 09:40 AM
Randy Capel

A little more information concerning the thought all are fakes. i do not feel one can know that for sure from a bunch of low res photos on a website, but what do i know. That is why I ask. Am willing to listen and learn.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:40 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post

I imagine most of our collections contain Cobb and Ruth and no Carlton Willeys.