NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > T206 cards B/S/T

Old 02-17-2021, 05:10 PM
John
John Pur.cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabroiler View Post
I have spoken with Chuck and he is genuinely overwhelmed with other (more important) things going on in life right now.

I was the second person that messaged him originally and I was very specific on the exact card I wanted and price in my initial message. That is why I even got a response. Even still, I just got my card a few days ago.

He was trying to sort through the requests in order...so it is very possible that he is responding on a person-by-person basis...and probably can’t handle multiple sales at the moment. I don’t think he is picking-and-choosing, nor do I think he is holding out for a better sale.

Having said that, he was a pleasure to work with and super kind and considerate. At the same time, he was extremely apologetic and genuinely feels bad about the situation.

This is just a reminder that Chuck really doesn’t owe us anything. He simply shared his collection with us and mentioned that he is selling dupes. All we can worry about is reaching out to him with an inquiry about a sale...and patiently wait.

If it is too much trouble to wait, simply pretend this thread never existed and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen!! Give the guy some slack. Great perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2021, 05:51 PM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Thanks, dabroiler. I had lengthy correspondence with Chuck via email. We probably exchanged about 16 emails discussing the cards, the parameters, etc. as dabroiler wrote: Chuck is going in order of emails received. I was thankful tonyo shot me a message regarding the cards (I indicated previously that I desired) that were on the list early in the morning.

Chuck was patient with me as I looked to put my offer together.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:44 AM

Email sent
Old 02-18-2021, 11:46 PM

Here's the latest....my apologies for my lack of communication with many of you. Again, my apologies for getting off to a poor start with a poorly written OP.

If you inquired about cards that I didn't have duplicates of in the first place I may not have replied to point that out. I did to some; not to everyone though.

If you sent me a PM I prob did not reply at all. Looking back I did not make that clear either.

I have wrapped up quite a few sales and there are a couple in various stages of pending.

I'm not fielding any new inquiries at this time. Have at me !
Old 02-20-2021, 08:43 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

They look great, Chuck. Packaging great. Looking forward to our next correspondence