NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Peter_Spaeth

Like I said lesson learned!!

I purchase a lot threw the WHOLE year and God knows during WHOLE year bumps in the road do happen. Some buy 1 or 2 items in a year I do a LOT of buying so more prone to making a few mistakes and making people mad.

Post # 5

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Seems odd to take one of the simplest concepts and make it so difficult.

If you have money to buy stuff and you want it, buy it.

If you don't have money to buy stuff and want it, DON'T buy it. I know you want it, but you just can't buy stuff you don't have money to pay for.

Every time you renege on an auction, you are adding a burden to the seller. In effect, you are making YOUR problem into THEIR problem.

That is rude and thoughtless.

If your desire to bid on items that you can't afford is more important to you than the time and effort of others, your priorities suck.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Given his lack of self control relative to continual posts and comments I would wager we will hear from Adrian again.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Not to give Adrian any new excuses for not paying but I am reminded of an ebay seller's wonderful disclaimer I came across about 9 years ago and it goes as follows:

WARNING!!!! Please read…Bidding on items has been known to cause houses to burn down, people to not receive paychecks on time, people to find out that their kids used their passwords and bid on items without permission, people to delete my e-mails by accident, sickness, sudden memory loss, deaths in the family, people to lose jobs, computers to crash, out of town vacations, emergency business trips, hardware failures, network outages, and people to move places of residence among other things. If you feel that by bidding on this item you will suffer one or more of these aforementioned afflictions, then DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

cubsfan-budman

Yes my priorities are some times messed up....comes with my mental illnesses and I try to do my best and some times I fail in doing so!!!

Post # 6
Old 05-22-2013, 09:56 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan-budman View Post
Seems odd to take one of the simplest concepts and make it so difficult.

If you have money to buy stuff and you want it, buy it.

If you don't have money to buy stuff and want it, DON'T buy it. I know you want it, but you just can't buy stuff you don't have money to pay for.

Every time you renege on an auction, you are adding a burden to the seller. In effect, you are making YOUR problem into THEIR problem.

That is rude and thoughtless.

If your desire to bid on items that you can't afford is more important to you than the time and effort of others, your priorities suck.
Very well put. I want a lot of things too but illusion is oft not reality.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
Peter_Spaeth

Like I said lesson learned!!

I purchase a lot threw the WHOLE year and God knows during WHOLE year bumps in the road do happen. Some buy 1 or 2 items in a year I do a LOT of buying so more prone to making a few mistakes and making people mad.

Post # 5
Your proclivity to make excuses for yourself is disturbing, when the problem is your lack of self-control.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Peter_Spaeth

I know I have a self-control problem always have I try to do my best with it...what else can I say!!! Yes some times it affects others....am I proud of that....NO!!!

Post # 7

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Quote:
cubsfan-budman

Yes my priorities are some times messed up....comes with my mental illnesses and I try to do my best and some times I fail in doing so!!!

Post # 6
You simply need to consider how your actions affect others. Your compulsions on ebay or whatever are selfish and rude.

I don't think you intend for it to be that way, sincerely. I also think that if you consider your actions in that light, you may pause before hitting that bid button if you aren't confident about your finances.

I think that most people see ebay sellers as faceless...thats a nice thing about this board, the community is fairly small, you can interact with the sellers here in a way that you might not usually.

I think that you think of it as a simple monetary transaction and that there are no consequences for you, so there are no consequences for the seller, but that's simply not true. When you renege, the "underbidder" may have spent his money elsewhere already, costing the seller a sale and fees for relisting. Even if the underbidder does buy it, you've cost the seller a bunch of time reaching out to that person to re-sell their item and relisting it.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Not to give Adrian any new excuses for not paying but I am reminded of an ebay seller's wonderful disclaimer I came across about 9 years ago and it goes as follows:

WARNING!!!! Please read…Bidding on items has been known to cause houses to burn down, people to not receive paychecks on time, people to find out that their kids used their passwords and bid on items without permission, people to delete my e-mails by accident, sickness, sudden memory loss, deaths in the family, people to lose jobs, computers to crash, out of town vacations, emergency business trips, hardware failures, network outages, and people to move places of residence among other things. If you feel that by bidding on this item you will suffer one or more of these aforementioned afflictions, then DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION.
Greg, I have saved this for future reference. Classic!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
©hri$ $€X₮ŘΝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Everybody has a story, most just don't put it on public display or continuously call attention to themselves. Don't buy cards you can't pay for. Very simple.

EDIT I knew I had missed an excuse. Owed money by the government. OK, we are up to five now -- coin money, work money, government money, grandmother, pet.
You missed a few...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvujknrBuE

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Greg, I have saved this for future reference. Classic!
Daryl, you beat me to it, one of the best I have seen in a LOOOONG time!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 AM
pete ullman

chris...that's perfect!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Nath.aniel Gr.ow

Zone,

Some free advice to take or leave as you see fit:

1) Don't spend money until it is actually deposited in your bank account.

2) Always have savings of at least 6 months salary in reserve for emergencies. If you have to use some of these funds, replenish them before buying any extravagances. Never spend this money on cards or memorabilia.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Bill Gregory

Just...wow. My head is swimming right now. How many excuses can one person come up with? This display is borderline pathological.

I want to stop reading this, but I just can't turn away. What's the saying, "truth is stranger than fiction"? Indeed. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

ngrow9

I agree 100% with what you said!!!

Post # 8
Old 05-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

the 'stache

Yes my entire life has been VERY weird and I have done some VERY weird things!!!

I take each new day as a learning curve I try to do my best and not affect others while in the process of learning. Like a friend once told me some times by the time we have actually learned to live properly it is already time to leave Earth...I now know what he means.
Post # 9

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

/thread

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Ronald Goldberg

Oh, somewhere there's a favored land the sun is shining bright;
The Mick still playing somewhere, and Murr'y ne'er spelled right,
And somewhere Zone is buying, a Ruth rookie there's no doubt.
But there is no joy on eBay now - mighty Adrian is tapped out.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 AM
J0n Fu.ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post

Greg, this is awesome.

Adrian, stick around.
had thought you were very wealthy with all the quick large purchases.
Think most in the business are understanding, and willing to work with you if for some reason things got a little fast.
As Hemingway said, 'sincerity's important', or something like that
Just give the people you made a commitment to a call, and say despite your commitment, you can't pay for it all right away in one lump sum. don't make excuses. Just tell them you can't pay for it all as you had said you would. But that you can pay a certain amount, over a certain period of time. and that you apologize.
Best,
J
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
Oh, somewhere there's a favored land the sun is shining bright;
The Mick still playing somewhere, and Murr'y ne'er spelled right,
And somewhere Zone is buying, a Ruth rookie there's no doubt.
But there is no joy on eBay now - mighty Adrian is tapped out.

The outlook wasn't brilliant for RGold's poetry that day....

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Todd Schultz

Yet Zone was reeling backward, with but five posts more to play...
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Ken Wirt

I've refrained from saying this for awhile now, but a part of me still believes that this is all fiction. ALL OF IT! If I'm not mistaken, Adrian has NEVER posted his own pictures/scans of any of his cards - only links to auctions. Perhaps I'm wrong, but is anyone really sure that he's ever purchased ANYTHING??? References to Peter Chao have been made before, with regard to this attention seeking strategy. I'm kinda tired of it.

Last edited by triwak; 05-24-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Adrian reminds me of John Belushi pleading with Carrie Fisher in The Blues Brothers

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JFvuj...%3DJFvujknrBuE
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

triwak

lollllll!!!! Leon has already made clear that I paid for 52 Topps Mantle in PSA 4....how can he do this...simple the seller is a close friend of his....same goes for the T206 Demmitt variation. The rest you can see in my feedback on Ebay for example the Murr'y error card from the T206 collection.

Post # 11

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman62 View Post
Adrian DONT GO
I don't think he did go anywhere.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 05-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Wow, and I thought it got weird over on the autograph side!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by triwak View Post
I've refrained from saying this for awhile now, but a part of me still believes that this is all fiction. ALL OF IT!
That must be the part of you that is wrong. Fiction isn't this interesting.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 PM

I liked Zone's posts.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Tony Quinn

I've never seen so many posts from someone who is supposedly no longer posting.
6 more left today by my count, then he CAN'T post.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Marty Pritchard

Quote:
martyp

What he said is right BUT he forget to tell you the KEY to all this mess....my pet had to have emergency surgery at a cost of about 1500$ (God I have no control over a animals health if I did my pet would live to be a 100 and would be in perfect health ALL the time....like the people who went threw a tornado yesterday I am sure they had plans as well but now have to make many changes nature does this at times) this was out of my hands my pet comes first to me he is 19 years old and has been the only one there for me almost in those years.

When my finances got back onto gear I purchased 3 cards from him and paid right away. I called him multiple times because I felt bad and for him sending the cards first I told him NOT to do that...and I was happy he did not he knows this!!! I remember telling glad you did not send me the cards because I would have felt like a ass...again he knows this.

Post # 2
Actually, what I did not state is that while he was not able to pay for what he purchased from me, I checked his purchases and he was able to purchase and pay others. Maybe his vet was selling cards.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Al Richter

Default Cards or the Pet

Marty...if it came down to you or the Dog....that's one tough choice.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Marty...if it came down to you or the Dog....that's one tough choice.
I'm guessing its a cat.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Phil Garry

WOW, can't believe this thread warrants 83 (now 84) replies. It seems like more and more these days, board members are much more interested in participating in controversy-type threads as opposed to educational ones.

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 05-22-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 PM
pete ullman

educational content is thin in the vintage card world!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
educational content is thin in the vintage card world!!!
But most of us vintage collectors are not.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyp View Post
Actually, what I did not state is that while he was not able to pay for what he purchased from me, I checked his purchases and he was able to purchase and pay others. Maybe his vet was selling cards.
He did that to my friend. He paid for at least two items he won subsequent to the auction he reneged on, or at least he has feedback for them.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

I purchased multiple items had to cancel some and paid for the others (used the rest for the vet bill)...simple as that...but from now on I can see the frustration it can cause so I will TRY SO very hard to prevent this for reoccurring. I apologize to those that I affected and promise to minimize this in the future.

Post # 12

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

When I 1st started to collect baseball cards a few months ago I was very confused at what I was going to collect....now I know what my focuses are I will have a much better time knowing what I am doing and not doing.

I want to build the 52 Topps set (since I have the Mantle this makes it that much easier) so far I have 13 cards and 4 of those are nice looking high numbers and the other 9 are also nice looking for the grade (s);

I want to collect T206 cards (HOF players mostly and error cards)

and

I want to put together the most Mantle cards I can in PSA 8.

Post # 13

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Peter Spaeth

To date, how many cards have you purchased but canceled?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Peter_Spaeth

Sorry I do not keep tabs....BUT what I do know is in the future from now on I will prevent this from occurring.

Post # 14
Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Jason Wells

Pathetic.

Last edited by Jason; 05-22-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
When I 1st started to collect baseball cards a few months ago I was very confused at what I was going to collect....now I know what my focuses are I will have a much better time knowing what I am doing and not doing.
So now that you're focused there will be no more coin deals falling through, late paychecks, government delay, sick pets or family issues? How are these related? Seems to me you're verifying that these earlier explanations were just BS.

Why don't you simply honor the first post in this thread and please, just go away.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:15 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Peter_Spaeth

Sorry I do not keep tabs....BUT what I do know is in the future from now on I will prevent this from occurring.

Post # 14
Adrian I feel I have always been decent with you. My advice is that you can not mend broken trust in a day. Do the right thing day after day and after awhile people will come around. Also, do not name call others who point out your mistakes, they are your mistakes own them. As an auctioneer I can tell you non-paying bidders cause huge problems. The consignor sees that the items sold for XXX and they want their money understandably. Now because someone who over extended their finances cannot pay, I have to apologize to the consignor and hope they accept it and do not sue me in court. You might be thinking that these were Ebay purchases, but trust me there is a lot of consignment on Ebay. You really do not know everyone you are hurting when you do this. Take for example a 1952T Mantle PSA graded like yours, it gets sold bidder backs out. The seller trying to sell this has to explain why this item is being resold and many bidders will not trust him no matter what he says. The backup bidder might feel shilled and he is out. People may wonder if the item is fake or the previous buyer returned it and was unhappy with it. I can tell you from experience I hate reselling items from unpaid bidders they almost never do as well. I still am not hating on you Adrian, but thought maybe I could give you some perspectives you may not have realized.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

nolemmings

None of what I said is BS you are taking it the wrong way. One aspect I can prevent is that I know what I want to collect I NEVER said I can prevent every single thing that goes on in the universe.

Post # 14
Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Peter_Spaeth

Post # 14
Too many to keep track of eh?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Peter_Spaeth

I do not know what else I can say....you can do some research and come up with the exact number if you like. To you everything I say is a lie so even if I said a specific number you would not believe it and try to turn it into what pleases you!!! I know you have never liked me so no matter what I say you will always feel that way and I accept that!!! I told Leon I would stick with 15 posts a day and I have OK once I had 16 in a day....the same with this I will do what I said.

Wymers Auction

I agree 100% with you like I said here twice lesson learned the hard way and I will prevent what I can prevent in the future.

Last post for today.

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 PM
pete ullman

James is spot on...there are upstanding members of this community with suspect beginnings...it is possible to mend your tarnished reputation...over time...and being reputable. Nighty night.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM
J0n Fu.ld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Take for example a 1952T Mantle PSA graded like yours, it gets sold bidder backs out. The seller trying to sell this has to explain why this item is being resold and many bidders will not trust him no matter what he says. The backup bidder might feel shilled and he is out. People may wonder if the item is fake or the previous buyer returned it and was unhappy with it. I can tell you from experience I hate reselling items from unpaid bidders they almost never do as well. I still am not hating on you Adrian, but thought maybe I could give you some perspectives you may not have realized.
+1
Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
So now that you're focused there will be no more coin deals falling through, late paychecks, government delay, sick pets or family issues? How are these related? Seems to me you're verifying that these earlier explanations were just BS.

Why don't you simply honor the first post in this thread and please, just go away.
Not so easy for a narcissist to do that, Todd.

Closed Thread