NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Default OT - I know there are many attorneys on the board. I have some questions.

Posted By: Mark M

Barry, I'd say asking a posting if one of his hands has been blown off by the unabomer qualifies as "too insulting."

Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Default OT - I know there are many attorneys on the board. I have some questions.

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

Does anyone here collect vintage baseball cards?

Old 07-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Mark, you need to lighten up a bit and learn to take a joke. Instead of obsessing about me and worrying about whether I went to a top 10 or top 8 law school (as opposed to top 75) , shouldn't you instead be focusing on making partner in your law firm before you reach the age of 50?

Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

My favorite New Yorker lawyer cartoon showed a bunch of businessmen with lawyers standing around a board room table, and one of the businessmen says, "Is anyone missing a lawyer? I have two."

A mathematics professor once told me the difference between chemists, engineers and mathematicians, but I'll save that joke for another day-- in part because it's not terribly funny. It only makes mathematicians laugh. Even the chemists and engineers don't think it's funny.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Corey R. Shanus

While we're on the topic of lawyer jokes, here are two of my favorites.

1. What do you do if you're locked in a room with a lion, a tiger and a
lawyer, and you have a gun with two bullets in it?

You shoot the lawyer twice.

2. What's the difference between a dead lawyer and a dead
skunk laying in the middle of the road?

There are skid marks in front of the skunk.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Corey, I hadn't heard that first joke -- that one is a keeper. Sadly, I probably hate lawyers more than the average person.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

There's a scene on The Simpson's where the family has invited to dinner Lionel Hutz, the sleazy and incompetent attorney that was voiced by Phil Hartmann. Bart is impressed with him, and the two have the following exchange:

Bart: Boy Mr. Hutz, when I grow up I want to be a lawyer just like you.

Hutz: Bart, I'm glad to hear that, because if there is anything America needs, it's more lawyers!

Old 07-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

Isn't it a shame how 99% of the lawyers give the whole profession a bad name.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

very good...

Old 07-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Jeff, rather than spending your time researching my career, why not spend your energy on n54 on being civil towards your fellow posters? If you were to stop attempting to deter others from posting by tearing them down, you might encourage more members and lurkers to post on here and you might even learn something from them. It's not that difficult to show others a basic level of respect, I know you can do it if you work on it.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Mark M, researching your 'career'? Um.

And if you'll recall, you're the one who attacked me first. Repeatedly. I would say to you that one should not throw rocks if one lives in a glass house but that would suggest that you have a metaphorical house. Clearly that is not the case. Hey, maybe this will be the year. Fingers crossed!

edited a last name out....

Old 07-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Come on guys, knock it off. Mark and his wife attended the First SF Net54 dinner on June 30, 2007 and were very gracious guests. Although we didn't discuss it, this could be the start of a Net54 tradition. Mark is a real gentleman.

And I'm sure that if Jeff got off his broomstick he's also a real gentleman.

Come on guys, behave.

Peter

Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

Did anybody help Zach out? Maybe he needs a good bail bondsman at this point.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Jeff, just because I do not own a house (nice Lexis research) does not mean my point isn't valid that you would be doing the forum (and yourself) a favor if you would show members a basic level of respect in lieu of animosity. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Administrator

I said metaphorical house. I have no clue whether you own a house nor do I care. I was referring to your professional and educational criticism which, now that I have been alerted by some of your many fans out here, is especially laughable.

And I hardly am one to attack someone on this forum. Making fun of Peter's repeated grammatical mistakes is hardly vicious; seems to me that you've forgotten what you've written out here about me.

My advice is less posting on Network 54 during the day and more billable hours. Otherwise you won't make partner until after your Social Security kicks in. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Have you forgotten, we are friends who share a common hobby. People are starting to think that attorneys are jerks. It may be true, but surely we don't want everybody to know.

Actually, I've been reading the latest Time magazine on secret societies.

Net54 could be the first secret society that posts on the internet. How about that, guys?

Peter

Old 07-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

Peter:

But out! Thanks in advance.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

awesome post!

Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: P Spaeth

Jay that is a good one.
How can you tell when a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving.
How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb? How many can you afford?
What do you call 5000 dead lawyers? A good start.
What do you call a lawyer buried up to his neck in sand? Not enough sand.
and my favorite
What do you get when you cross a lawyer with the Godfather? An offer you can't understand.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Administrator

They've been insulted so many times that they decided to collect and inventory the Jokes.

Peter

Old 07-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Everybody likes to insult lawyers until one day you need one and he wins a case for you. Then he suddenly becomes a saint. Funny how that works.

Thanks- tough crowd!

Old 07-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

all is well once again.