NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
JB

Default .........................

Successful transactions with: HRBAKER, CHADDURBIN,DRDDUET,DOUBLEP,T213, RM444, MJSILVEY80, CHARLIETHEEXTERMINATOR,QUINNSRYCHE,PROFHOLT82,EJST EL,OHIOCARDCOLLECTOR
Old 07-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Bruce may not be a serial killer, but he certainly fantasizes a lot about the death of others.

Why can't Bruce behave himself on the board the same way he did in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx4eVGUmbaM
Watch the first 10 seconds to see his fat gut and cue ball looking head. He has my vote for the UMA (ugliest man alive) Award. As long as he feels the need to insult all of the members on this site I will gladly return the favor. If he ever wants to apologize to all of us and start acting like a normal person again I will gladly accept his apology and the attacks will stop immediately. He needs a dose of his own medicine.

Last edited by jg8422; 07-08-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Scott

No matter what, I enjoyed the video. But, I didn't have popcorn, just Ritz and French Vanilla coffee.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Why can't Bruce behave himself on the board the same way he did in this video?
Hmm I’ll take a stab at this one…Bruce posts in an arrogant manner intentionally or unintentionally. Then you guys (Members & Bruce) take cheap shots at each other. Then Bruce goes to the only tool he knows class and education attacks. Then it spirals out of control as always. But hey that’s just my wild guess.

But in this case it was a simple BST post so not sure how it all got fired up after all I'm not mr. ivy league .

Dan you still really shocked by all of this really LOL?

John
Old 07-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Then Bruce goes to the only tool he knows class and education attacks.
John
Bruce added a new wrinkle this time with his well dressed man attacks. I'm surprised he didn't mention Prada shoes.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Barry

I don’t post very often on this board, as I find it much more helpful to stay in the wings and learn from others. However, it has been very hard to keep quiet during this 11 page, 100+ post diatribe. I could really care less whether Bruce has attended an Ivy League School, serves on the boards of multiple museums, hobnobs with million/billionaires, is fat, bald and without a girlfriend, sits within spitting distance of the Yankees at ballgames or only has a nine inch schlong (unlike my 12 inches).

What has really disturbed me is the apparent disdain that he shows for people who have a passion for this hobby, yet either choose to or are forced to by financial constraints, collect differently than Bruce. I would go as far to say that many of the collectors who post on this board work as hard and as long hours as Bruce, yet have not been as fortunate as he has been to be a member of the “lucky sperm club” and be able to afford fur coated urinals, escalators in their houses, a bevy of vestal virgins peeling grapes for him to snack on, or any card that his heart desires.

I don’t think it takes a Wharton MBA to realize that everyone collects in different ways, all of them valid and all contributing to the vitality (or lack thereof) of OUR hobby. I have met some wonderful people on this board, collecting a gamut of different issues, some graded higher than mine and some lower, but all of them representing a common passion that deserves to be respected. It is not to say that I don’t sit in front of my computer screen shaking my head as to what would ever possess somebody to spend money on certain cards or series, but I would never consider vocalizing those feelings.

The irony of all this is that the same people that Bruce chooses to disparage are the same that provide indirect (and direct) relevance to the memorabilia that he collects. Without the collecting community providing “demand” for the poor “supply” of some cards out there, his memorabilia is not worth the paper it is printed on. So 50 years from now when my body is 6 feet under covered with maggots and Bruce’s is entombed in his gold plated, environmentally controlled casket surrounded by his collection, it is the next generation of “beater” collectors that will provide him with the recognition he so clearly DOES NOT deserve.

So, Bruce, to answer your original question, I don’t have any of the cards on your Universe’s Toughest Want List. I do, however, have some other tough cards that you apparently might find useful…….I have t206 cards of “Humble” and “Humility”, both as PSA 7’s (I am keeping my PSA 9 examples of both in my collection, but you can consider upgrading at any time). Then again, my hunch is that these may not fit into your (or your clients’) price range.

You will now have to excuse me as my screaming kids and nagging wife want to get some lunch at McDonalds.

Regards
Old 07-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Scott

^+1
Old 07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by btkpath View Post
I don’t post very often on this board, as I find it much more helpful to stay in the wings and learn from others. However, it has been very hard to keep quiet during this 11 page, 100+ post diatribe. I could really care less whether Bruce has attended an Ivy League School, serves on the boards of multiple museums, hobnobs with million/billionaires, is fat, bald and without a girlfriend, sits within spitting distance of the Yankees at ballgames or only has a nine inch schlong (unlike my 12 inches).

What has really disturbed me is the apparent disdain that he shows for people who have a passion for this hobby, yet either choose to or are forced to by financial constraints, collect differently than Bruce. I would go as far to say that many of the collectors who post on this board work as hard and as long hours as Bruce, yet have not been as fortunate as he has been to be a member of the “lucky sperm club” and be able to afford fur coated urinals, escalators in their houses, a bevy of vestal virgins peeling grapes for him to snack on, or any card that his heart desires.

I don’t think it takes a Wharton MBA to realize that everyone collects in different ways, all of them valid and all contributing to the vitality (or lack thereof) of OUR hobby. I have met some wonderful people on this board, collecting a gamut of different issues, some graded higher than mine and some lower, but all of them representing a common passion that deserves to be respected. It is not to say that I don’t sit in front of my computer screen shaking my head as to what would ever possess somebody to spend money on certain cards or series, but I would never consider vocalizing those feelings.

The irony of all this is that the same people that Bruce chooses to disparage are the same that provide indirect (and direct) relevance to the memorabilia that he collects. Without the collecting community providing “demand” for the poor “supply” of some cards out there, his memorabilia is not worth the paper it is printed on. So 50 years from now when my body is 6 feet under covered with maggots and Bruce’s is entombed in his gold plated, environmentally controlled casket surrounded by his collection, it is the next generation of “beater” collectors that will provide him with the recognition he so clearly DOES NOT deserve.

So, Bruce, to answer your original question, I don’t have any of the cards on your Universe’s Toughest Want List. I do, however, have some other tough cards that you apparently might find useful…….I have t206 cards of “Humble” and “Humility”, both as PSA 7’s (I am keeping my PSA 9 examples of both in my collection, but you can consider upgrading at any time). Then again, my hunch is that these may not fit into your (or your clients’) price range.

You will now have to excuse me as my screaming kids and nagging wife want to get some lunch at McDonalds.

Regards
You win the "best line" award with the comment about his 9 inch pecker. Classic! But after seeing Bruce in the youtube video, I bet he hasn't even seen his schlong in years...or his toes! No big deal though, he just uses his bald head to create a relection for when he wants to see his schlong!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Bob.T*th

I'm glad we voted out politics. Those discussions get out of hand.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:08 PM

Default Ugly cards

This seems an appropriate response to our situation...why don't we just convert this BST posting into a show and tell thread--post some of your ugliest, worst condition cards and reasons why you like them

Brian
Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Cool video, but what is a "Memoabilia" collector?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Hmm I’ll take a stab at this one…Bruce posts in an arrogant manner intentionally or unintentionally. Then you guys (Members & Bruce) take cheap shots at each other. Then Bruce goes to the only tool he knows class and education attacks. Then it spirals out of control as always. But hey that’s just my wild guess.

But in this case it was a simple BST post so not sure how it all got fired up after all I'm not mr. ivy league .

Dan you still really shocked by all of this really LOL?

John
When did I ever say I was shocked by Bruce's behavior?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default hey guys....

Hey Guys
I am obviously letting this thread run it's course. Generally this type of thread would have already been locked. As Rob D said earlier, and even though I feel he was just mocking me, he was correct in that every situation is different. Bruce is unique and garners unique attention. I feel like Bruce knows exactly what strings he is pulling and exactly who he is pissing off. For that reason this thread will continue (at least for now). What was that definition of stupidity again? Something like "doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

Also, if I or another moderator were to censor, delete or lock this thread how would we get to know how Bruce feels? I always would prefer to let people hang themselves instead of stopping them from exposing their ways. I don't think I communicated this very well but ya'll get the point. Happy collecting....
Old 07-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
Albeit we are members of seven NYC museums, and serve on the Board of one and as an advisor to the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
And which museum board do you serve on, Bruce?
Quote:

Still waiting for this answer.
Quote:
Still unanswered.
If any member of the Group is listening, please respond.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Dan Bretta

Do I have to do all the work for you Adam??

http://brucemuseum.org/site/about_us..._of_directors/
Old 07-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Clayton

Maybe Bruce just has a case of jet lag from his recent trip to St. Moritz ?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:23 PM

Don't you all get it? Bruce is not an elitist. He is a liberal, down-to-earth, common guy. His persona is all just irony and satire. He is like Stephen Colbert parading as a right wing nut. He is an ironic caricature.
JimB
Old 07-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Yankeefan51

Default The only ones whom you are torturing are yourselves

1) We have no interest in sharing anything that we have not shared about our personal life

2) We love collecting, and have many relationships with long-time collectors
who have a passion for excellence and do not behave like world-class idiots

3) For those of you who enjoy attacking us, disdain does not begin to describe our
hate for your sick little group whose very breath pollutes the planet.

4) During the course of this little exercise of rage and insults- five board members have privately written to us- saying that certain of you, are world class idiots. Four members offered us cool items for sale.

4) The baseball video was taken 5 years ago, whilst we were quite ill at the time. A month later we went into intensive care at the hospital with a kidney fluid retention a problem and lost 75 pounds. Today our weight is within 10 pounds of the weight when we checked out of the hospital. No doubt, world class idiots, like yourselves, enjoying attacking someone when you don't have all the facts.

5 We suggest you stop wasting your time. It's time for you "attackers" to go back to work in sewer. The rats need to be fed.

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-08-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
1) We have no interest in sharing anything that we have not shared about our personal life

2) We love collecting, and have many relationships with long-time collectors
who have a passion for excellence and do not behave like world-class idiots

3) For those of you enjoy attacking us, disdain does not begin to describe our
hate for this sick little group whose very breath pollutes the planet.

4) During the course of this little exercise of rage and insults- five board members have privately written to us- saying that certain of you, are world class idiots. Four of those members offered us cool items for sale.

4) The baseball video was taken 5 years ago, whilst we were quite ill at the time. A month later we went into the hospital with a kidney fluid retention problem and after four weeks of intensive care, we lost 75 pounds. No doubt, world class idiots, like yourselves,
enjoying attacking someone when they don't have all the facts.

5 We suggest you stop wasting your time. It's time for you "attackers" to go back to work in the sewer. The rats need to be fed.
Congrats Bruce....you managed to create a post that didn't include a death threat. Glad to hear you lost a decent amount of weight after almost eating yourself to death. Enjoy your Friday night sitting in your apartment by yourself looking at your imaginary collection. I will be at the Phillies game with freinds watching them beat up on the Braves.

Last edited by jg8422; 07-08-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
What was that definition of stupidity again? Something like "doing the same thing and expecting a different result."
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is considered insanity not stupidity.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Looking forward to another Yankee Phil World series

Remind us what was the result of two World Series between these two teams.

You are welcome to visit our imaginary collection (for $500) whenever you wish. if we do not have the items we say- we will give you 10 times your money. And we will give your $500 to NY Hospital

Our illness, you cruel stupid idiot, had nothing to with eating.

As for sitting alone, we close friends and two clients will be at the Yankee games this weekend (in our field box seats)watching Jeter make history.

Why don't you look at the tape of last night's Texas Rangers game. As you are falling, do remember that you will have an eternity to fantasize about imaginary collection

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-08-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Haven't ya'll figured it out yet? Bruce lies. About everything.

He's not rich.
He's not successful.
He's not thin.
He hasn't the collection he'd like you to believe he has.
And, most of all, he is most certainly not happy.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default I call B.S. Bruce...

Quote:
4) During the course of this little exercise of rage and insults- five board members have privately written to us- saying that certain of you, are world class idiots. Four of those members offered us cool items for sale.
I am willing to quit this forum altogether if the five people who privately wrote you contact me directly. I will promise said individuals complete anoynimity in exchage for their validation of your claims. Unlike you, Bruce, I have integrity and I'm willing to put up or shut up.

For those five who contacted Bruce to show support for him, all I ask of you is to send me a PM that confirms you are a registered Board Member and you do indeed feel I, for one, am a world class idiot. The only reply you will receive is my appreciation for owning up to such sentiments...no reprisals public or private. You are certainly entitled to your thoughts and I will respect them as such. Bonus points if you share with me what "cool items" you've offered Bruce.

I will share with the board a running count of how many PMs I receive...after the 5th confirmed PM, I will sign off for good. However, I would encourage you all not to get to excited...I'll be surprised to receive 1 much less 5 responses to my challenge.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Barry Sloate

Matt is taking the true Pepsi challenge.

As Bruce's threads go this one is pretty bad, but it doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon. Guess I'll pull up a chair.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Mad Professor-Arrogant. Uncaring advisor

David-

A few questions in response to your most recent posting

Tell us about our collection. Please provide a detailed inventory and estimation of value.

Tell us anything you actually know about the business deals we have closed

Tell us what we weigh, what we own, and describe how we spend our money.

Explain why you are rated among the worst physics professors in the US, and why after so many years, you remain an associate rather than a full professor.

Quote from "Rate My Professor"

Terrible teacher, makes fun of students who ask legitimate questions. Arrogant. Uncaring advisor, acts like you're wasting his time. I expected to be a physics major. After this instructor, I changed my mind.

Need we say more.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Nice try, Bruce. There are ratings from 12--count 'em, 12--students at ratemy professor.com. In my 22 years of teaching at Skidmore (and ten years at other institutions before that) I have taught (conservative estimate) 3000 students.

I'm sure those 12 are a representative sample!

But, be that as it may. Suppose I am, indeed, the absolute worst physics professor ever.

Does that, in any way, make you less full of shit?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Matt

The collectors who emailed us, emailed us directly, you won't find much in the Net 54 section.

Here is the most recent post. For $10,000 (put up or shut up) we will have the poster call you and hopefully show the collecting world that the hot air is coming from your mouth as well as your behind.

Bruce

There are just too many assholes on the board these days. Thats why I rarely post anymore

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are sure you will say we made that up- so let's bet $10,000 have it put in escrow and have Barry Sloate or Leon review the post. They know the collector well.

Looks like the ball is your court. Off to the Yankee game. Good night.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM

Oops! Yankee game rained out! Guess you'll just have to stay home and keep on lyin'.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Yankeefan51

Default David

Let's remain civil.

Show the Board that you know everything about our life and baseball collection.

You are physics professor- let's see some factual evidence about our collection,
evidence that proves you are intimately familiar with its depth and breath.

You know us so well, and our modest apartment so well, that you thought we owned the apartment, when, in fact, (for very good reasons) we rent.

Go Jeter Go Yankees
Old 07-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Ross B.

Quote:
Why don't you look at the tape of last night's Texas Rangers game. As you are falling, do remember that you will have an eternity to fantasize about imaginary collection
You are a real piece of shit. The guy who died was a firefighter out enjoying the game with his 6-year old. I doubt Tom Seaver or Yogi Berra would be proud to have you as a friend if they had heard you say that. Truly despicable.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:43 PM

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, Bruce, seeing as how most on the Upper East Side own, rather than rent.

I was wrong.

You're actually less well-off than even I was willing to give you credit for.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 07-08-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by david atkatz View Post
but, be that as it may. Suppose i am, indeed, the absolute worst physics professor ever.

Does that, in any way, make you less full of shit?
lolol
Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Ok, other than my FBI/Dunkin' Donuts post, this is the post of the day.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Just the facts

David

If you look at the total population on the UES of NYC, more people actually rent than own. Owning an apartment is not of interest to us.

Why are you so concerned about our financials?

And why do you refuse to address any of the other questions we asked?

We will be at the Yankee game tomorrow (great forecast)- hope DJ gets his two hits as we have other plans for Sunday.

As a professor, you are well aware about the dangers of making assumptions.So when and if you want to present a detailed summary of our collection, all of our other assets, our business transactions for the past twenty years, and you have interviewed our friends and colleagues, we will be happy to the share the results of your research with the Board.

Night night....
Old 07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Ben L

Just curious why he doesn't refer to himself as "we" in the video posted on youtube and why he is constantly looking away from the camera?

Last edited by IronHorse2130; 07-08-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Steve Birmingham

Online personality aside lets give Bruce some slack.

The stuff shown on the video was actually quite nice.
And he used "I".
And actually seemed to be someone who is really into his collection.

And that's all that really should matter about any of us.

Lest you think I'm letting him off entirely....
The comment about the guy at the rangers game was way over the line.

And I've learned some new things about NY!
1) The strip clubs there involve singing. Seems a bit odd, and that's not how it goes sround here, but then NY is more metropolitain than Boston.
2)The trash trucks there burn the trash? Again, it seems odd and wasteful not to bring it to a place that will make some electricity by burning it but NY is the greatest city ever so it must be the way to go.

AND --NYC is less dirty, arrogant and crime ridden than when I was last there?
4 years ago or so it was plenty dirty. But I was only in Brooklyn.
And the people I was helping pick stuff up from insisted on putting the truck in the middle of the narrow street rather than partly in their own driveway I guess it's not arrogant to block the street?
And when I bumped a car and left a note for the owner his neighbors yelled at me.....Not "don't leave the police are coming" But "hey you can't park there" And when on the way out I accidentally hit a street sign while driving around a trash truck that had been abandoned in the middle of an intersection and then drove down a "no trucks" road because it was the most direct route - And nobody called the cops or even yelled anything....

Ok, Not a day of driving I'm at all proud of, but with me staying away I suppose technically NY is less crime ridden.

Steve B
Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Bruce, I'm not going to answer your questions, as they are meaningless. I don't have (or want) to know exactly how much you do earn, in order to know how much you don't. And you don't make nearly as much as you pretend to.

You're just as much upper middle class as most of us here. You don't have a thing to do with the "ruling class," as you put it. You never have, and you never will.

You are the person/collector you constantly mock.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Peter Spaeth

People's illnesses really should be off limits.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default we need him on that wall.... !

Although the threads get way too long....when Bruce strikes a chord...the blog pages light up...much like that dude Marshall Noize.... you love um..you hate um...but the threads go on for ever !!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Suppose you are the worst in America...

We would be happy to share with the board your attempt to reach out to us in advance of last year's National.

Since you have no idea what you are talking about, you attempt to dance around the very issues you raise.

We hope that your wife is a better singer than you are dancer.

One thing for sure, we would never consider ourselves in the same class as you.

David, you are wasting your bad breath and a lot of people's time.

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-08-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Seth Y

What amazes me is that Bruce calls people cruel for commenting on his eating habits, weight, health, etc... and then continues to comment about his wishes regarding running over them with planes (and then proceeding to steal their cardboard, lol), putting them in garbage bags then throwing them away forever and falling from a wall 20 feet to ones death.

His internet persona portrays (or rather attempts to portray) an image of toughness but obviously just by looking at him he is physically frail; he couldn't beat up a 6 year old. Mentally he has clearly proven unstable so I am not really going to go in to that anymore.

I hope he/they realize their hypocrisy.

5 people wrote to him with sympathy. FIVE. If we were to take a poll on having sympathy for him, I think it would be about 1000-5.

Oh and he also tells people they have poor grammar. Ironic? Yeah.

Anyways, he says that we can influence the North Korean government more then we can influence him. Does he think he can influence us in anyway? I don't think anyone reads a Bruce Foreskin post reacts with any sort of anger, discontent, or concern with their life after reading his worthless comments.

Further, does he not realize that we laugh at every word he says and as we constantly shed light upon the truth of his sorry life he continues to drown a little bit deeper in his (rented) sea of denial? He probably cries himself to sleep every night.

There will be a time when Mr. Dorskind finally cracks after realizing the true misfortune that is his life. He will crumble in to the fetal position and cry so hard he won't even be able to think straight (even though he can't think straight most of the time already). That will be the turnaround of Bruce Dorskind.

It will never happen. He should be in Ward C of Shutter Island.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:29 PM

Share away, Bruce!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Seth

We will never crack, but watching your futile efforts at "breaking us" is very entertaining.

As "we are crying ourselves to sleep tonnight," be careful that your partner does not electrocute herself/himself with the vibrators she/he needs as a relief from your impotence.

By the way, these attacks have generated more posts than the last 50 BST posts combined. Thanks guys for generating leads, helping us build our mailing list, and amusing us when the Yankee game was rained out.

Seth, for everyone's information, when we were at Penn, Chuck Daly moved up from Boston College to Penn- later becoming a HOF NBA coach. Guess that Ivy Education does make a difference. And your comment that we did not know what we are saying is typical from a student at a third rate institution.

Cheers

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 PM

Default Sounds like a good idea to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
This seems an appropriate response to our situation...why don't we just convert this BST posting into a show and tell thread--post some of your ugliest, worst condition cards and reasons why you like them

Brian
This is not my ugliest card (far from it) but there is a fun little story behind it. I'd say perhaps 15 years ago I picked this up at the Hall's Nostalgia show in Peabody, MA - not the auction but a show they ran for quite a while back in the day. This E101 was one of two cards in a dealer's 'vintage' box that were pre-war, the rest were Bowmans and early Topps cards. It had a $5 price tag on it, which I figured would be good enough for a not-so-common-issue HOF'er. I picked it up, kinda looked at it and asked if the dealer would take $3 for it and without much hesitation he said he would. Even though I was still pretty happy I always felt that I could have purchased this card for a buck or two
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e101crawford.jpg (19.6 KB, 323 views)

Email: check_raze(at)yahoo(dot)com
Old 07-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Albeit we are members of seven NYC museums, and serve on the Board of one and as an advisor to the other.
Quote:
And which museum board do you serve on, Bruce?
Quote:

Still waiting for this answer.
Quote:
Still unanswered.
Any time now would be great; it's just a museum name, shouldn't be that complicated to come up with if it really exists.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Seth Y

Quote:

We will never crack, but watching your futile efforts at "breaking us" is very entertaining.

As "we are crying ourselves to sleep tonnight," be careful that your partner does not electrocute herself/himself with the vibrators she/he needs as a relief from your impotence.

By the way, these attacks have generated more posts than the last 50 BST posts combined. Thanks guys for generating leads, helping us build our mailing list, and amusing us when the Yankee game was rained out.

Seth, for everyone's information, when we were at Penn, Chuck Daly moved up from Boston College to Penn- later becoming a HOF NBA coach. Guess that Ivy Education does make a difference. And your comment that we did not know what we are saying is typical from a student at a third rate institution.

Cheers
Oh so you downgraded me from second rate to third rate? Darn. I was a second rate business school last time. Forbes (you know, that place that talks about your favorite thing, money) ranked BC as #31 in the nation in terms of universities.

There are 4,352 colleges, universities, and junior colleges in the USA. #31 isn't really third rate

This is coming from a kid that, as I have said before, was accepted in to better universities (such as Wash U in St. Louis' Olin School of Business) but chose to attend Boston College to avoid living a miserably boring and unsocial life like yours, Bruce.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Yankeefan51

Default responses- you guy should keep on ticking

Post deleted- please ignore- could not delete headline

thanks

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:28 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
The collectors who emailed us, emailed us directly, you won't find much in the Net 54 section.

Here is the most recent post. For $10,000 (put up or shut up) we will have the poster call you and hopefully show the collecting world that the hot air is coming from your mouth as well as your behind.

Bruce

There are just too many assholes on the board these days. Thats why I rarely post anymore

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are sure you will say we made that up- so let's bet $10,000 have it put in escrow and have Barry Sloate or Leon review the post. They know the collector well.

Looks like the ball is your court. Off to the Yankee game. Good night.

For some reason I was expecting more from you Bruce. Why, I do not know. Anyway, you are correct...I don't believe that is a true comment that you received...frankly, I think you were too lazy to craft something more dramatic.

My challenge, if you read it correctly, was not to you but instead to those five fine gentlemen who wrote to you in confidence their notes of support. Surely they are proud of their friendship with you and would love nothing more than to see an ignorant fellow such as myself leave the board voluntarily!!!

See, if I were in their position, I would not only accept the challenge but post it in this thread for all to see...where I'm from, that's how friendship works! If you are under attack, your friends come to your aid and demonstrate their loyalty. I, being a pretty fair and reasonable guy though, have made this an even simpler task. Since I don't want to embarras them, I'm just asking these five Bruce loyalists to send me a PM vouching for your claims....and it's in complete secrecy!!! How much more fair could I be?

You really should be making some phone calls and getting your friends to prove me wrong...but I know it won't happen. You didn't get the notes of support and you're all alone in this. And that is sad...which is something I do expect when it comes to you, Bruce...

Sweet dreams...
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:42 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
.As "we are crying ourselves to sleep tonnight," be careful that your partner does not electrocute herself/himself with the vibrators she/he needs as a relief from your impotence.
Very nice...hey Stay Classy Net 54...Stay Classy....

Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 PM
David McDonald

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Mud Wrestling Forum?