NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Rawn Hill

I have a flight in 6 hours, please hurry.

Rawn
Old 09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Al

Default Past.............................................. ..................

Thanks Marshall for that entertaining evening Im tired now ,I guess I will go back to the Memorabilia side at least we have alot of pictures there. Isnt this fun!! Rawn dont forget the in flight movie!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Matt Wieder

Last edited by Matt; 09-01-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Al

Default Past ______________________________________

Matt we have moved to The Cards That Go Together Post come join us! Its where the people hang
Old 09-01-2009, 10:40 PM

bring the noise! I'm bored and offended.

Last edited by chiprop; 09-01-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Banned

Default Bring the Noise......

I guess after reading all of the posts i was a little suprised at a few things. I will address alot of things but let's start here. A few days ago Leon made a post in regards to cleaning up the board and trying to make this a better place. He set forth some new rules and guidelines for everyone to follow and how demerits will be handled out for offenders. Now i get a few private messages and e-mails regarding a card i am going to auction and folks are still steaming at how i treated Nancy Pelosi Jr.

Well i tried to post on the main thread basically saying i do not hate anyone or hold any grudges so hopefully folks do not think that and let's just move on because yesterday is gone.........

Also let me state that Barry Goat is such a wussbag and was so offended by me calling him Barry Goat that he had Leon e-mail me and ask to stop it because such a grand baseball card dealer and basically king of a guy which by the way is one notch above great guy could never be called Barry Bahhhh.....Bahhhhh.....Goat. Well i told Leon i would stop and i did until i just read about 50 posts and here is what i saw.

Joann using the word N*^%r which i have no comment for because anyone trying to become a attorney should never for any reason use that word ever in any situation, her excuse for using it is so lame that no intelligent person would ever buy it and i do apologize to all the african american brothers on the board that have had to read her spew.

Also note i have been called prick,Barfman,dick,asshole,swine flu,idiot,stupid and countless other names yet i have not complained to Leon nor will i ever because i do not suck my thumb and cry myself to sleep over Net54.

What is so comical about this situation is that the "click" try as it might is just that a "click", a group of about 7 to 10 people who act so self righteous and have such deep moral and spiritual integrity yet they post words like N%&*r? I mean i almost fell off my chair when i read that and now i will respond to Jane Fonda's 1 fan.

Joann....one thing you and your fan club fail to realize is that you came on my post like some kind of tomboy hanging with the fellas and made insulting remarks towards me and i fired back. Well you got mad and insulted me more so i asked jeez what is with you? When was the last time you were spanked? Now i see you have come on this thread and made it seem like that statement has altered your life forever and that you are emotionally scarred from it.

MB3 sits back raises a eyebrow..........are you for real? Are you actually going to come on a public message board among adults and make anyone believe you are deeply hurt? I cannot tell you how truly sorry i feel for you if something that minor can offend and scar you. Please do me a favor and do not become a attorney because you will be chewed up and spit out like a bad piece of steak.

Now i will say a few things about Leon. Man bro i have to say you are ballsy. I just love the fact that you handed out no demerits and allowed the thread to run. I have always liked the way you have run the ship and i say carry on Captain i am enjoying the cruise but please full throttle.

In regards to certain questions i'll try to answer the "click" now.

All of the things i talked about months ago are true. I did not embelish or make anything up. I basically roll anywhere i go and yes i do whatever i want whenever i want to do it.

In regards to Peter Spade. Bro i cannot tell if that is your face or did your neck throw up. You remind me of some weasel corporate attorney on board Judge Smails boat getting ready for his yacht cristening. Uhhhhh......oh Margie doll please pass the grey poupon.......thanks my love.....have you seen my new jpeg on WilmerHale's website i mean am i just not the coolest?

Last edited by Reginald Marsh; 09-01-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
David McDonald

Did Net54 just jump the shark?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 PM

I may be the only one laughing right now, but this guy fuk'n hilarious! I'm serious.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Marsh View Post
Bro i cannot tell if that is your face or did your neck throw up. You remind me of some weasel corporate attorney on board Judge Smails boat getting ready for his yacht cristening.
David, no way -- I'm actually laughing out loud at these lines.

Edited to add: Dan, you insensitive bastard.

Last edited by calvindog; 09-01-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 PM

i just woke my wife up laughing so hard. 11:49pm Chicago

Edited to say that I just got kicked out of the bed for the night, cause I am still laughing.

Last edited by chiprop; 09-01-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

Default One more thing...

I read where Joann you said you started crying and had to shut the office door. Man i really do not know what to say. I'm trying to think the last time i cried and i guess it was at my dad's funeral and i had to leave because the pastor was talking and i got so mad at myself for crying that i used the F word like ten times and it really shook him up and i did actually say to him stop worrying about me and Fing do your job.

I truly feel Joann something has happened in your past that you have not dealt with and perhaps seeking therapy may help you. Had i known that you have even more sensitve powers than you superhero counterpart Mr. Goat i would have never said it. I never dreamed it was going to be a life changing event.

By the way where is Rambo? I thought he would be on here threatening to come burn my house down or even worse douse me with fire and throw on a grenaded at me.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiprop View Post
i just woke my wife up laughing so hard. 11:49pm Chicago

Edited to say that I just got kicked out of the bed for the night, cause I am still laughing.

This guy has the Dan sense of humor down pat. Is it the Barry Goat jokes or the Peter Spade jokes, DK?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Al

Default Past

Marshall a couple of these **##@@ would have gone a long way with some of your sentences. And remember you should have used at least one next to the word Barry Goat. Gheeze
Old 09-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Al

Default Past events

Jeff,
I hate to say it but this is way better entertainment that your radio show! Work on it for the next one
Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Banned

Sorry chiprop i did not mean to piss off your wife she is going to give you hell in the morning. I'm laughing so hard that my chest hurts.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Banned

Sorry Al but know Barry knows i am only kidding. One of these days i'm heading to Ny to have dinner with the fellas and no way is he going to act offended over simple jest. I mean come on bro if Barry cannot take a needle then perhaps the shuffleboard website can become a new place to hang for him.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 PM

Wes, the whole thing is a joke! We are collecting baseball cards and maybe some of us are taking the thread a little more serious than others. I never said he was correct or PC, I just said he was funny. I wasn't offended by the Jew/Black slur, and I'm not offended by the cucumber jab. I'm just a dude who likes baseball cards and don't really care what anyone says on this board, cause in the long run, none of it matters. I can't be the only one who finds this guy humorus. No way! Yes some of his lines are a tinge off color, but classic none the less
Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Marshall, I apologize for the following in advance. You are still not being hated by me.

Just for the record, Marshall was so offended by the use of the racial slurs that he doubled the previous record for the "n" word on this board. Good job Marshall.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Joe P.

Default Don't miss that flight Rawn .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrigansghost View Post
I have a flight in 6 hours, please hurry.

Rawn

You've got some digging to do in Union, ME.

The Rural House Union team. is waiting to be re discovered.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 PM

Dan, I have to admit I was not happy with the Black and Jew slurs and I didn't really understand the cucumber jokes. But I did find Barry Goat humorous.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Al

Default Past events

Marshall,
No need to be sorry to me . But I guess many others see it differently. I tend to take life much differently now than I did before. But your rebel with or without a cause attitude I find rather sad and funny at the same time. But if its you its you. As long as Leon lets you ROLL then I guess its O.K. but take heed the ice gets rather thin and one who tends to not have the hammer gets squashed like a bug. So play nice with people!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Banned

Well Al it really is not a rebel without a cause attitude. I would say it is a not take sh^t mentality. I don't come on here trying to cause trouble or seek attention like the "click" often states. They just try and twist things when someone actually stands up for themself or will no tbe pushed around. There is a old chinese proverb 'who needs a hammer when you can carry a gun'.

Last edited by Reginald Marsh; 09-01-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Adam M.

Leon/any moderator --- why on earth have you not locked this thread by now?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned

Ummm for the record professor i only used the word because it was mentioned. I think Obama is now calling Joann to come to the White House and have a beer. He is going to get to the bottom of this whole spanking thing and racial slur abuse.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Yeah, Marshall is right. He is not the one who started this thread. In fact he apologized for starting it and apologized for having to re-state a bunch of stuff that most of us had forgotten. He does not want attention at all. He just wants to make himself understood and make sure everyone knows how sorry they are for disagreeing with him and finding him immature. He wants to talk baseball cards every now and then. Cut him some slack! Marshall, I am sorry if I am taking your thunder. I am just trying to help. I still don't hate you.

Oh yeah...I always hate things so much that I repeat them constantly too. Sheesh...I am sorry for pointing out a truth. So very sorry for you.

We are sorry (as the Bruces say).

Joshua

Last edited by Wite3; 09-01-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Al

Default Past Events

Marshall,
Point taken and I did say Rebel With or Without! But also remember the New chinese proverb Who needs a gun when you have a moderator with a computer!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Banned

Now that is funny Al!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Bradley Holt

Default The last post!

Now can we talk about cards!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Steven Finley

From experience I have stayed away from this thread and, from this point on, will stay away.

Marshall, I will provide a short but blunt apology. I do apologize for the vulgar and abrasive manner in which I confronted you in the past. I had spent a long evening at the bar and handled this issue immaturely. I'm not saying that you were right and I was wrong or that I was right and you were wrong.

The beautiful thing about a two party system is that everyone thinks that they are right... and well... everyone is wrong. This thread is a two party system. I would vote to lock it but that negates the the first amendment and all.

When it comes to cardboard this site is second to none. We should stick to what we do well.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Barry Sloate

Sure Marshall, I can take a joke. If you want to call me Barry Goat I'm cool with it, and it seems to be catching on. And I'll guess in person you would be nothing like the one you are on this board. Sitting behind a computer changes people in some way.

All that said, I still think this board is not the best place for you. You're missing the point that it is not about being an individual or a rebel- it's about being a part of a community. That aspect of it has escaped you.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Where's English Barry?

For the love of God it's "clique".
Old 09-02-2009, 05:56 AM

x

Last edited by andybecker; 09-02-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Barry Sloate

Marshall knows it's "clique" but he prefers "click"; don't forget, he's a rebel.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Joann

No Marshall. Sorry. Nothing unresolved in my past. Just a normal life. Believe it or not, people can be offended without some underlying condition that makes it their fault. The bottom line is that you sort of wrecked this board for me. At least, as Barry put it, made it less fun. And this board and this community meant something to me. Take or leave that as you want. I really don't give a rip.

I'm really glad for the people that took time to PM or email me. Believe me, it helped a lot. It was a bit of a Twilight Zone experience yesterday that so many people simply could not understand the reason for the intentional use of the words I used and took them at face value. Almost everyone that PM'd was equally surprised, and that definitely helped. Yikes. And one person said that I have learned who my friends are (and aren't), and I guess that may be true too.

So since Marshall has made it through this entire thread without a single sexual comment, I'm going to assume that Leon said something to him about that part of his act. At least I'm going to hope so.

Joann
Old 09-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Joann, I'm not sure why you persist in believing that some couldn't quite understand why you used the language you used. Everyone understood your reasoning -- but many still found it offensive. I'll say it again: everyone understood it but many felt it was unnecessary and gratuitous regardless of your motives. It's ironic to me how both you and Marshall can't appreciate that sometimes words offend even if no harm is intended. Even if a special, important teaching opportunity is being undertaken. Maybe you guys have more in common than you previously thought?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Joann

I'm not getting into it with you, Jeff. But it is not true that "everyone" got it - there were a good many people that did not seem to see the difference. I understand what you are saying - I get it - I'm just saying that not everyone falls into the category of "got it but still didn't like it".

And I went back and edited it for exactly that reason, as explained. Because it was clear it offended people regardless of intent. And because I didn't want to be anything like Marshall. Not sure how that translates into "can't appreciate that sometimes words offend even if no harm is intended".

Joann
Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Well, the important thing is that you left the words up there for quite a while so that the lesson really sunk in. I would have hated for anyone to have missed that learning opportunity.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Banned

Well it certainly has been a interesting thread. The whole thing kinda reminds me of like little league baseball. When the kid with glasses walks to the plate all the little kids start screaming hey batter batter and others say you can't even see the ball four eyes and the catcher says bad comment which i will not say.

I'm glad to hear there are no underlying issues with you Joann. I'm quite sure if we talked in person and you got so offended by my language that you would simply walk away and it would truly be no big deal.

I must say in all my years i have never dealt with someone so sensitive in regards to a simple comment. I have the solution to the problem.

You will be recieving a call soon from WilmerHale because they need a new attorney to fill Peter Spade's position. It seems during the yacht christening that he pissed off Judge Smails for handing out autographed pictures of himself and told several folks on the yacht that he was Smails right hand man and also part owner of the yacht. On the back of every autographed picture was the line "i know i look like a weasel but really it is just a bad hair day" The Best Peter Spade

Last edited by Leon; 09-02-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: removed pic
Old 09-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Jim VB

"Last edited by Leon; Today at 08:24 AM. Reason: removed pic"

Dang! And I was just about to post a "cool" MB3 pic!

Edited to ask Leon a question - Is being the moderator of this board akin to being a Kindergarten Teacher, except without the Summers off?

Last edited by Jim VB; 09-02-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default sometimes my job sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
"Last edited by Leon; Today at 08:24 AM. Reason: removed pic"

Dang! And I was just about to post a "cool" MB3 pic!

Edited to ask Leon a question - Is being the moderator of this board akin to being a Kindergarten Teacher, except without the Summers off?
Well....I just gave Marshall a formal infraction for insulting others on the board. Others have insulted him too but I have to put everything in perspective. I feel like I have to do something. He is not banned as of this moment. This is what our infraction system was made for, though I am not sure everyone can see it, he does have one. No matter what I do here I will make some folks unhappy and I am sorry about that. I really don't want to have to deal with this at all but it's my job. One other thing too. The other moderators probably don't agree with me on how to handle this so I do take full responsibility. As for those insinuating that I let this go for "page views" on the board, I will just let that ignorant statement go....

I am sorry if anyone was offended by anyone else's comments on this thread. I am doing the best I can and feel in my heart that, as of right now, this is the best thing to do. No one should come to this board and feel like they will be insulted if they post. That is not what this board is about. If you come here to talk about pre-war baseball cards it's a great place. If you come here for any other reason I wish you would leave. Happy collecting...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Hey Joann,

Time for another moaning.

Out of nearly seventy of us, we have one female firefighter, Suze. It always amazes me how tolerant she is of our constant chest thumping and ceaseless macho inuendo. Those twenty-fours must feel like forty-eights to her at times. On rare occasion, she'll reach her much deserved boiling point. We scramble like upset little kittens but reflect and think, "What in the Hell took her so long?"

She apologizes, we apologize, move on and behave perfectly, well for a week or two. Though I doubt that could happen here, cooler heads will prevail.

It's unfortunate that you became so enraged (and rightly so), by Marsh's verbal abuse. To any person with old-fashioned values, victim or observer it struck to the quick. You're not alone. Though I try to be decent to everyone here, Marshall is able to bring out that dark side. I'm like a chubby, old Luke Skywalker about to cut down an unarmed nemesis. Yes, I have a seathing hate for Marshall too and suspect I'm not alone. The force is strong in this one

It's also unfortunate that you felt it appropriate to use those examples in stressing your point. But I gotta say, most of the women I grew up around and occasionally dated *gulp*, wouldn't have been as tender -tearing that little willie off, through his throat.

It's easy for me to say this, because I'm just your average, atheist Gap shopper. But, I hope the proud Jewish and black members, can remember your positive presence here and forgive your rage. Though insensitive, it's moronic to believe your intent was to polarize the group. To everyone, like it or not, we're a dysfunctional family here. And though we may occassionally, no frequently, want to clip his brakecable, it seems Marshall is here to stay. I just hope you can find that Easy Button and stay too.

-Rambo out. *Now where did I put those dang bolt cutters?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default the last post

Steve emailed and said he was in the middle of typing a response when I locked this thread and asked if I would allow him his final post. As he is a good member, and hobby friend, I allowed it. But that is all....back to baseball cards ....thanks much. regards