NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 03-27-2020, 02:52 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

and let's not forget the U.K.'s original plan, not mine mind you, but the U.K.'s was to have everyone get the virus to then build immunity to it, and yes that would certainly cost lives.

Probably not the best idea, but........hey we all have ideas.

Those choosing to condemn mine have not once given theirs, which I find interesting.

Easy to not get criticized when your posts are just like CNN: bashing, yet not offering any ideas solutions, just putting those down who do. That's fine. It's what you do, I get it.

Played a lot a hockey back in the day, was a bit of an instigator, so quite used to getting a beating.....but gave them as well, so tread lightly.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-28-2020 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:53 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Paul

Paul, you talk a lot about wars. Are you a veteran? I doubt it.

The Marines don't say "let's leave our wounded behind so we can be safe". They say "No Marine gets left behind". That is what we need to continue doing. Making sure that our elderly and disabled and sick don't get left behind.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:40 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

No, but I've seen Stripes at least 20 times.

And I get it. Nobody WANTS anyone to die, including me. Ya'll are missing the point. These deaths are inevitable. People will die from this. Accept it.

I have a female 1st cousin she is a nurse in Chicago, correction actually she volunteered as she's in the medical field, but wasn't at a hospital, but volunteered and is working in one through all this.

There needs to be a plan for the greater good. Which involves getting America back to work ASAP.

Still only getting criticism instead of suggestions/ideas. Would love to hear it.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:42 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

oh and back to your question about me serving. Unfortunately I could not serve, I had a stutter.

Gets you out of serving, who knew.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:54 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Where is this most blocked list you speak of? I'd like to check that out.
I would share it but I am probably on it so nobody has shared it with me.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:02 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post

You do realize that the economy will bounce back, right?

and Mikey don't be so sure on this if America shuts down for 6, 12 months. You made your comments after a few good days of the Market.

Now everyone is like phew, at least the economy while taking a hit won't fall apart completely.

WRONG!!! It could very well continue to sink lower and lower if we choose the shut it down for too long.

This is a WAR. War on the virus and in wars you lose lives, now I can say the politically correct thing and say every life matters, if we lose just one its too many. Everyone says yay, pats on the back, Sorry folks how many wars do you lose 1 life?

We are gonna lose a shit ton.

The President has a tremendously (even insanely) tough job balancing this. And all you f-cks who criticize him on this, let's hear your plan?

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-27-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:13 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

and on a baseball note which we should bring this back to.

Anyone else here the possibility of MLB starting end of MAY.

Now that would be something. Empty stands or not, I'm all for it.

PLAY BALL!!!!!! NO FEAR!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:15 PM
pete ullman

Is there a reason the president isn't enforcing the defense production act? He goes on a tirade against GM today because the they admit they can't produce and at a higher than expected cost.

Would this be some kind of demerit...or tarnish on his precious legacy?

Oh and check out this sports card!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andre9008.jpg (35.9 KB, 333 views)
Old 03-27-2020, 04:38 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Is there a reason the president isn't enforcing the defense production act? He goes on a tirade against GM today because the they admit they can't produce and at a higher than expected cost.

How would you like to have the seat next to him on a plane, back in the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andre.jpg (18.4 KB, 321 views)
Old 03-27-2020, 04:41 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
How would you like to have the seat next to him on a plane, back in the day.
nooooooo thx!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:49 PM
David Peck

Quote:

If drinking was a sport Andre would be the greatest of all time.

That is obviously my card and it isn't going down in value.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:54 PM
David Peck

Quote:

Here is a sports card for you. I have a similar situation with Tyson rookies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tyson10.jpg (78.5 KB, 323 views)
Old 03-27-2020, 04:55 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
I gotta get me one of them tyson rookies!!!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:56 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Italian version? Better soak that in bleach!
Old 03-27-2020, 05:02 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Italian version? Better soak that in bleach!
Yes I have mostly Italian backs. I have this 10, 5 PSA 9's and an 8. I want to upgrade my UK back that is an 8 at some point to a 10 when I can. I still have one raw beater I was planning on getting sighed. At one point I had quite a few more but sold some along the way.

Unfortunately there is a lot of confusion on this sticker.

The Italian back is from 1986 and the UK back is from 87. Many are mislabeled so you have to make sure you get a back scan.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:29 PM

Paul,

We have the most cases in the world. The virus started in a country that is 3-4 times our size, with a much higher population density, that is poorer than us, and that has a less advanced medical infrastructure - and yet they had fewer cases and fewer deaths. They also didn't have it spread across their entire country like we have. And they have recovered and are getting back to work after a relatively short period - one that is guaranteed to be shorter than ours. Those are just the facts.

So explain to me ... what of Trump's response has been good?

Yes, I expect we will outperform Italy in our response, but Korea, Japan, China ... heck even Iran have all handled the situation better than America has. At best you can say ... our response has not been impressive.

Frankly, every American owes Rudy Gobert a debt of thanks. Imagine how insanely bad this would be now if he wasn't an idiot that forced the NBA (and NHL, soccer, etc.) to take action. Imagine the wide spread devastation that would have occurred because of the NCAA tournament. People flying in from all around the country to multiple locations. Congregating in huge crowds. Going to hotels and restaurants.

Our sports and business leaders have provided the correct leadership and response to this crisis ... not our federal government ... unlike China, Korea, Japan, etc.

Hopefully, our sports and business leaders continue to make the tough, but necessary choices, no matter what our political leaders say.
Patrick
Old 03-27-2020, 05:39 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
If drinking was a sport Andre would be the greatest of all time.

That is obviously my card and it isn't going down in value.
I won’t add to the arguement, but I will say if you have not seen the documentary (ESPN I think) on the life of Andre the Giant you are doing ourself a disservice. It’s one of the best I have ever seen related to sports. Plenty of time to watch now too.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:40 PM

This thread, which was intended to be about the stock market's effect on card values, has gone to total shit.

Leon, can one block an entire thread? (only kind of kidding)
Old 03-27-2020, 05:51 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
This thread, which was intended to be about the stock market's effect on card values, has gone to total shit.

Leon, can one block an entire thread? (only kind of kidding)
Seconded, at minimum water cooler
Old 03-27-2020, 08:12 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
Paul,

We have the most cases in the world. The virus started in a country that is 3-4 times our size, with a much higher population density, that is poorer than us, and that has a less advanced medical infrastructure - and yet they had fewer cases and fewer deaths. They also didn't have it spread across their entire country like we have. And they have recovered and are getting back to work after a relatively short period - one that is guaranteed to be shorter than ours. Those are just the facts.

So explain to me ... what of Trump's response has been good?

Yes, I expect we will outperform Italy in our response, but Korea, Japan, China ... heck even Iran have all handled the situation better than America has. At best you can say ... our response has not been impressive.

Frankly, every American owes Rudy Gobert a debt of thanks. Imagine how insanely bad this would be now if he wasn't an idiot that forced the NBA (and NHL, soccer, etc.) to take action. Imagine the wide spread devastation that would have occurred because of the NCAA tournament. People flying in from all around the country to multiple locations. Congregating in huge crowds. Going to hotels and restaurants.

Our sports and business leaders have provided the correct leadership and response to this crisis ... not our federal government ... unlike China, Korea, Japan, etc.

Hopefully, our sports and business leaders continue to make the tough, but necessary choices, no matter what our political leaders say.
Patrick
First - Andre's story is an amazing one, definitely check it out.

OK, so finally someone brings something to the table other then "you're an idiot, your an a--hole." I've been hearing that for years, come up with something more clever folks.

Ok, great point on the NBA, just amazing that all this shutdown stuff started with that. But I didn't hear CNN calling for a massive shutdown before this or anyone really, so hard to blame the President. Think about it, was he supposed to close the country while the idiot Democrats were wasting time impeaching him. Maybe had they not done all that BS he would have had more time to focus on this.

So before you or CNN or any Demo's throw stones. Maybe instead of their non-stop pouting and attacking the President they could have used their platform for good, but they didn't, they don't and they won't.

I compare the Democrats to a team that lost a game and didn't want to shake the hands of the opponent, and then complained about their opponent and whined (for 4 years mind you) instead of saying hey what could we have done better. Now because they didn't do that they don't even have a candidate who can beat Trump. They outstupided themselves.

And I'm not a Republican. So don't take this as a Republican's view of thing. I'm in the middle, like a little of both sides, dislike some of both sides. I even liked Obama, he too though made some mistakes, but overall not a bad job, and I loved his yearly NCAA picks. And I'd even go so far to say Obama is probably the better person then Trump, and even more Presidential, but Trump knocked it out of park on the economy/stock market/lowest unemployment/trade deal with China. Crisis aside as no one could have seen this coming. But he honestly will probably be the best to get the economy back when this is all said and done, and I like Biden too, but if you have been watching him lately, sorry he's just not the best person for the job. If he was 5-10 years younger, I might even say Biden over Trump, but and sadly he's just past his prime. Real good guy though.

And mind you this is what makes me a tremendous umpire during baseball season. EVERY coach says it and many fans compliment me. And that's no easy task if you've been to a youth baseball game. I take neither side, and if a pitcher or batter shows me up, I don't punish them by making the next call against them. I call it like I see it. If I blow a call, I will get both coaches together and say I blew that call, lets fix it. I don't get stubborn and say my call stands. Had I umped that Tigers game I would have fixed that call (before replay mind you) and that pitcher would have his perfect game. So some background and trying to keep this baseball related too.

So last to your question what President Trump has done right, and yes he can be an ass to some reporters and in the past to females, and at times says the wrong thing. Get over it. Who is perfect? Cast the first stone.

What he has done in this unprecedented nightmare of a situation is keep the economy afloat. He's getting money to Americans who need it to pay bills & get by until this is over, increasing/extending unemployment. Getting money to businesses. All the while balancing it with the social distancing, which is a stupid name mind you, it should be called physical distancing, but that's another error on the media. E1. He's getting all this sh-t done working with 50 States and Governors, each wanting the very most for their state, and that is no easy task. Getting ventilators built, hospitals built, ships coming in. AND He's not afraid to get some back to work as he knows how important it is to the bigger picture which CNN will NOT mention. What could come of a 3, 6, 12 month or more shutdown. Yes he's made some mistakes, but seriously who wouldn't in this mess of a situation.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-27-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:00 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default too much to respond to

and while I'd like to address some of your more off topic and slanted diatribes - I think you should find a politically oriented site. No wonder that people that want to discuss baseball cards block you and the vitriolic and often condescending commentary.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Michael

My apologies to the board. There are no card/autograph related items in the post. But, I promise you, this will be my last response to a certain individual. I promise.

Quote:
That took of time & thinking on your part, I'll give you that, we all have some extra time, me too. You like to make assumptions, well maybe I should as well. You are probably retired, have a decent savings and enjoying your retirement. Must be nice.
Yeah, it must be nice. When I retire I’ll let you know.

Quote:
And how you spin it, very creative. Like I said I WANT some to die. Not even close. I said LIKE WAR some will die, it's inevitable. Maybe pay more attention to what I said rather then working on your little witty comebacks.
Pay more attention to what I said rather than working on your thoughtless comebacks. I said you want to sacrifice people. Which is a fact. I never said you want people to die. You did say you don’t care how many die. Right?

Quote:
We are going to risk all this for 93 deaths since December, and yes I know its going to go up, to what 200, 500, 1000, who cares.
So maybe you should pay more attention to what YOU said. Let’s see, we’re up to over 1,700 now, but, “who cares,” right?

Quote:
How many deaths will that create from suicides, drinking & drug problems, domestic abuse rising, rise in crime, rioting and looting which will come if people arn't at work, and unemployed for months. Not to mention countless lives ruined. So while I may not be on the popular "hey lets pat this guy on the back he said everything politically correct" side. I'm in the real world Pal.
I don’t know, but why do you care “how many deaths that will create”? Your quote seems to fit here as well.
Quote:
yes I know its going to go up, to what 200, 500, 1000, who cares.
Quote:
Yet you spin it as MY financial game, such an idiot. And a small closed minded one at that, and those minions who blindly applaud you. Too dense to think about the larger picture that could be.
More fearmongering from someone with no argument other than name calling. And yes, not having the economy tank would be for your financial GAIN.

Quote:
Probably all criticizing Trump, yet no solutions given. You can't have healthy people out of work for too long bottom line. You have your nest egg I'm sure and are probably retired and can wait this out until the end of time, but the vast majority can not, which shows I care more about people then you. 20-30% unemployed. You are good with that? You need to think about that.
The solution is to follow the advice of the experts and keep things shut down as long as necessary. You really don’t get that is what we “dense” people are suggesting? Wow.

Quote:
.......hey we all have ideas.

Those choosing to condemn mine have not once given theirs, which I find interesting.

Easy to not get criticized when your posts are just like CNN: bashing, yet not offering any ideas solutions, just putting those down who do. That's fine. It's what you do, I get it.

Played a lot a hockey back in the day, was an instigator, so quite used to getting a beating.....but gave them as well, so tread lightly.
What I find interesting is that you don’t realize that I and others are arguing that sacrificing people for your financial gain is wrong, i.e., keep people at home to minimize the loss of life. And we’re “dense,” right? Oh, and the threat at the end is a nice touch.

Quote:
And I get it. Nobody WANTS anyone to die, including me. Ya'll are missing the point. These deaths are inevitable. People will die from this. Accept it.
Reminds me of what Clayton Williams said in 1990 during his run for governor of Texas, “Rape is kinda like the weather. If it’s inevitable, relax and enjoy it.” He lost by the way.

Quote:
Now everyone is like phew, at least the economy while taking a hit won't fall apart completely.

WRONG!!! It could very well continue to sink lower and lower if we choose the shut it down for too long.
More fearmongering. The economy will get worse. But it will bounce back. It always has, even after wars. So stop fearmongering.

Quote:
OK, so finally someone brings something to the table other then "you're an idiot, your an a--hole." I've been hearing that for years, come up with something more clever folks.
Entirely understandable.

I’ll forego any response to your political attacks. They don’t belong here. However, I will quote a political figure and let you decide how great a job is being done.

Feb. 26, “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Feb. 29 – 24 people known to be infected in the US
Mar. 7 - 279 people known to be infected in the US
Mar. 14 – 2,234 people known to be infected in the US
Mar. 21 – 24,583 people known to be infected in the US
Mar. 28 – >100,000 people known to be infected in the US
Old 03-28-2020, 10:48 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Again no solutions, ideas, suggestions, just more bashing, the Dem way...aka the Dumb way.

I didn't even read half of it, but I like that you quote everything I say. Try condensing it, shorter replies are more effective. Your posts are like an eye chart that's about 6 feet farther then it should be.

And where is the concern for the 7,000 Americans who die every day to cancer, other diseases, accidents, homicides, etc. I don't see any graphs and charts by the media for them, but for an additional 100-200 a day now I should be overly concerned. Media ratings never higher. Sh-t had we used all this money, medical research, time and effort we probably could have cured cancer. Not even joking. And that would save more lives then this Chinese Virus is gonna take when all said and done.

And you showing the numbers are rising, gee really? I've never seen a war where the number decline. You're just like the news saying every day "well we've hit another new record today 1000 dead"........next day..."well we've hit another new record 1200 dead".......yah and each home run Barry Bonds hit after he broke the record was a new record, we get it. It ain't going in reverse Mikey.

I'm bored and done replying until someone brings something to the table.

So maybe if you want this thread to DIE quit replying.

Hey someone else just blocked me again, a new record!!!!!!

PS - I'm about to dig into a slab of ribs I just bought from a place in the next town over. Supporting the economy baby!!!!!! One rib at a time!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-28-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:01 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

In an effort to get the political stuff out of here, I discovered an interesting website a month ago. Not only does it have dozens of political topics with lively debate, but it also offers the chance to bet on various things with actual money, legally. So if you have strong opinions, you can put your proverbial money where your mouth is.

https://www.predictit.org/

The odds change in real time, making it a true marketplace. It's a blast for people who are into politics and world events.

Maybe the politics could be expressed, and left, there, and not have it here. This site should be the escape from politics.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:11 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Again no solutions, ideas, suggestions, just more bashing, the Dem way...aka the Dumb way.

I didn't even read half of it,
I'm a nobody on this board, and in the hobby. So, if Leon wishes to show me the exit for perpetuating this nonsense, I understand completely.

But, I feel compelled to note that perhaps you should have read his post completely because he did offer a solution. He said "The solution is to follow the advice of the experts and keep things shut down as long as necessary." Maybe you are content to take advice from some rando on a discussion board, but, for myself, I tend to listen to what the virologists and other public health experts say. And I work in oil and gas, which is getting decimated right now and will see an increasing number of companies going bankrupt the longer this goes on.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:19 PM
David Peck

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40215721526...m=402157215266

The bidder with 1 feedback now has 2. Another Jordan just sold for $45,100 and a PSA 9 is at $8,000 with time to go.

In the stock market none of the leading stocks have been immune to the selloff. No asset class for that matter.

This article by Joe Orlando was a good read this morning.

https://www.psacard.com/articles/art...nature-collide
Old 03-28-2020, 02:35 PM

My plan would be to listen to the experts and do what they say. But, of course, this would require Trump to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about, and he can't ever do that - he always has to present himself as the world's greatest expert on everything. Which makes him either a pathological liar or a pathological narcissist, or maybe both.

https://www.axios.com/everything-tru...7f42bcf1e.html

Ted

Quote:
and Mikey don't be so sure on this if America shuts down for 6, 12 months. You made your comments after a few good days of the Market.

This is a WAR. War on the virus and in wars you lose lives, now I can say the politically correct thing and say every life matters, if we lose just one its too many. Everyone says yay, pats on the back, Sorry folks how many wars do you lose 1 life?

We are gonna lose a shit ton.

The President has a tremendously (even insanely) tough job balancing this. And all you f-cks who criticize him on this, let's hear your plan?
Old 03-28-2020, 02:37 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

David, Was it the same bidder who won both Jordan's?
Could it be a troll bidder compromising the auctions?

I noticed something similar in the last month when a bunch of high end Ichiro's RC's were auctioned a single ID ran up all of them. I believe he won several.

Tough to pinpoint which ones are legit.

Quote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/40215721526...m=402157215266

The bidder with 1 feedback now has 2. Another Jordan just sold for $45,100 and a PSA 9 is at $8,000 with time to go.

In the stock market none of the leading stocks have been immune to the selloff. No asset class for that matter.

This article by Joe Orlando was a good read this morning.

https://www.psacard.com/articles/art...nature-collide
Old 03-28-2020, 02:40 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
First - Andre's story is an amazing one, definitely check it out.

OK, so finally someone brings something to the table other then "you're an IDIOT, your an a--hole." I've been hearing that for years, come up with something more clever folks.

Ok, great point on the NBA, just amazing that all this shutdown stuff started with that. But I didn't hear CNN calling for a massive shutdown before this or anyone really, so hard to blame the President. Think about it, was he supposed to close the country while the IDIOT Democrats were wasting time impeaching him.
Hi Shoeless,

Did you just do the same thing?

Last edited by Baseball Fan; 03-28-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:43 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
I'm a nobody on this board, and in the hobby. So, if Leon wishes to show me the exit for perpetuating this nonsense, I understand completely.

But, I feel compelled to note that perhaps you should have read his post completely because he did offer a solution. He said "The solution is to follow the advice of the experts and keep things shut down as long as necessary." Maybe you are content to take advice from some rando on a discussion board, but, for myself, I tend to listen to what the virologists and other public health experts say. And I work in oil and gas, which is getting decimated right now and will see an increasing number of companies going bankrupt the longer this goes on.
Mark - looks like an interesting Site, definitely going to check that out. Thank you for posting it.

Now you, there are no experts on this as this type of situation has never happened before, so who is the expert? Doctors need to stay off TV and stay in the lab and get cracking on a cure. Once they have one come on TV and speak all you want. And wouldn't you have thought the W.H.O. were experts on this? Well they botched the bajesus out of it, so be careful of listening to experts. And the NY Health Dept or whatever they are called botched this in February. This is a situation like none other, apparently, you need a medical expert/economy expert, not sure there is one. A combined team? Maybe. And pretty sure that is what the President has.

And of course doctors/health officials are going to say stay inside til it's gone. Come on out in a year when society is a true disaster. No thanks.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:44 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fan View Post
Hi Shoeless,

Did you just do the same thing?
Yes.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:47 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goudey77 View Post
David, Was it the same bidder who won both Jordan's?
Could it be a troll bidder compromising the auctions?

I noticed something similar in the last month when a bunch of high end Ichiro's RC's were auctioned a single ID ran up all of them. I believe he won several.

Tough to pinpoint which ones are legit.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/36...p2047675.l2565

The Probstein example was won by feedback rating 421. No bid retractions on that number so that is always encouraging.

In theory the PWCC auction was won by the same person. Clearly it is an account designed to bid on a limited number of cards with bids only on one and all on the same card. PWCC only leaves feedback after you pay so in theory the person won their own card but if so they won at an all time high.

There was a Mantle that they ran that was a zero feedback bidder in the last six months and it earned feedback. I think there is a trend to bid on bigger cards with an account that is not easily identifiable. In wrestling card circles I am very easy to spot so I have to assume it is the same in other genres.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:47 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
Yes.
Thanks for your honesty.

Come up with something more clever?
Old 03-28-2020, 02:48 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

And so you all know, I have as many people sending me private messages on here saying "we agree with you", "keep it up", etc. So if you think I'm alone in my thinking, not even close.

It's just not the popular answer right now. I'm not politically correct. I don't care to blindly follow herd mentality.

I do however follow Pearl Jam!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-28-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:52 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
And so you all know, I have as many people sending me private messages on here saying "we agree with you", "keep it up", etc. So if you think I'm alone in my thinking, not even close.

It's just not the popular answer right now. I'm not politically correct. I don't care to blindly follow herd mentality.

Are they beautiful messages, though? Better than any messages you've ever seen or received?

Also, Shoeless Joe should be in the HOF.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fan View Post
Thanks for your honesty.

Come up with something more clever?
How's this.....just in:

Mexico is asking Trump to hurry up and build the wall NOW!
Old 03-28-2020, 02:54 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

This thread needs to go bye-bye.

I do agree with the part about supporting our local restaurants, though. The restaurant business is perhaps the hardest-hit segment of all, and many will be shutting down permanently as a result of this.

Check with your favorite establishments, to see what take-out options are available. There are some raging take-out deals right now, and we should all do what we can to keep this industry afloat. All of the cooks, waiters, waitresses, receptionists, bussers, valets and restaurant managers will be forever grateful.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:54 PM
David Peck

Quote:

I wish PSA would grade these. I may one day send them to SGC since they do. Pearl Jam baseball cards from their Wrigley Field show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PJ1148.jpg (76.0 KB, 236 views)
Old 03-28-2020, 02:56 PM
I@n Cl@rke

delete

Last edited by itjclarke; 03-28-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: delte
Old 03-28-2020, 02:56 PM

Meanwhile here are the experts Trump is consulting with:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alex-...b6256a7a2b0181

Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawaintheknight View Post
My plan would be to listen to the experts and do what they say. But, of course, this would require Trump to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about, and he can't ever do that - he always has to present himself as the world's greatest expert on everything. Which makes him either a pathological liar or a pathological narcissist, or maybe both.

https://www.axios.com/everything-tru...7f42bcf1e.html

Ted
Old 03-28-2020, 03:02 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Now you, there are no experts on this as this type of situation has never happened before, so who is the expert?
Wait. There has never been virus pandemics before?

Quote:
Doctors need to stay off TV and stay in the lab and get cracking on a cure.
You may be surprised to find that some people can do more than one thing at a time. You may also be shocked to hear that researchers, educators, and policymakers are separate roles that draw on the same knowledge.

Okay, I'm walking away before I reach for my Quotable Asimov.

Added in edit: FWIW, there is unlikely to ever be a cure for Coronavirus. A vaccine, sure. But, not a cure.

Last edited by carlsonjok; 03-28-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:05 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
I wish PSA would grade these. I may one day send them to SGC since they do. Pearl Jam baseball cards from their Wrigley Field show.
Thanks for reminding me that I had tickets for the April 6 Pearl Jam concert that was cancelled.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:07 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
And of course doctors/health officials are going to say stay inside til it's gone.
Meanwhile doctors and all in healthcare are going outside. My sister is a vascular surgeon in VA and is about to start a week on in anticipation of a spike in cases there. This is well outside her specialty, but she like countless others in healthcare are going to be putting themselves at risk to do their part. Countless have gotten stick so far, and several have died.

As for others staying inside and vigilant, she gave an example of a surgeon attending a recent medical equipment event. About 25 in attendance. One sales rep tested positive shortly after. The surgeon hadn't gotten near the guy all night, yet he and 23 others later tested positive. The virus is incredibly transmissible.

Forget all that though, as long as you support economy 1 rib at a time and talk a bunch of shit, I'm sure we'll all be fine. Amazing times.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:13 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

NYPL is closed, that stinks

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-28-2020, 03:19 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Thanks for reminding me that I had tickets for the April 6 Pearl Jam concert that was cancelled.
Sorry to hear that. This is a pretty cool set of cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PJ2149.jpg (77.7 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg PJ4151.jpg (75.2 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg PJ6153.jpg (76.7 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg PJ7154.jpg (76.5 KB, 234 views)
Old 03-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawaintheknight View Post
Meanwhile here are the experts Trump is consulting with:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alex-...b6256a7a2b0181

Ted
That is hilarious!!!! He probably just called Arod to do a Costanza opposite thing. Like when you ask Jeter advice on a trade. Do the opposite.

.....but I've been saying all along one call to Ditka, and this thing is gone.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-28-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:57 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

NFL draft still on, not postponed. Love that. Well played Roger!

Need some sports other then horse racing and Wuhan & Hong Kong Ultimate Fighting.

Going through withdrawals.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:12 PM
David Peck

I was bored and just listed a few cards and just saw on my phone a lot sold and was paid for almost instantly.

Bas Rutten wrestling cards from Japan.

Just about paid for the whole box I broke with one card from it that I got graded. I love card grading!!
Old 03-28-2020, 04:15 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

little known fact

....Bas Rutten was in an episode of King of Queens.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-28-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:23 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
little known fact

....Bas Rutten was in an episode of King of Queens.
I worked with both Kevin James and Bas on Here Comes the Boom.

2 degrees brah

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors