NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Last night, a board member emailed me a pic - a pic they said would corroborate Al's story. They asked me not to share it publically. Well, I'm a man of integrity and I haven't shared it publically or privately - not even a description of the pic. I kept it totally to myself. Here's the kicker. The pic that was supposed to corroborate Al's story, actually shreds it to pieces.

Post the damn pic and let's end this.

It's funny how so many people came to Al's defense, but the two that could have confirmed everything - the member that got the 10 cards by mistake and the other member that got the OM and damaged it - well we haven't heard from them at all. Nobody else finds that odd?

Again, post the damn pic.
So who has the pic?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Mike Kendall

I became hooked on this thread two days ago. Thanks to all involved. It's been like binge watching Breaking Bad. If you could guarantee me this thread (or one just as interesting) would run non-stop, I could cancel my Direct TV subscription and save a lot of money.
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown
Old 01-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
The two people who are involved in that don’t want to be involved here in Net54, and since I am an honorable man I would never post “the damn pic” without their permission. Seriously it’s a box with dated labels and a tracking number that absolutely 100% corroborates Al’s story. The tracking number gives away the hometown of the guy who accidentally received the cards. There is no way it’s getting posted and you know that.
Cant some personal info just be covered and the pic exposed? I mean, this what David is hinging everything on, why not just end all of this so Al can go on being the honest AH owner we know he is? Like many others, I feel like I am really really missing something here..

There was no OM brown...
Cards were accidentally shipped to the wrong person...
LOTG got the cards regarded which seems like the right thing...
What possibly could be in this pic?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
Cant some personal info just be covered and the pic exposed? I mean, this what David is hinging everything on, why not just end all of this so Al can go on being the honest AH owner we know he is? Like many others, I feel like I am really really missing something here..

There was no OM brown...
Cards were accidentally shipped to the wrong person...
LOTG got the cards regarded which seems like the right thing...
What possibly could be in this pic?

Miss Scarlet in the dining room with the revolver of course!
Old 01-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Ryan Christoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I still have 2 more bombs to drop.
It’s hard to follow what you’re saying, David, because you’re jumping around a lot. Maybe you should check yo self. Are you saying word to your moms, you came to drop bombs, you got more rhymes than the Bible’s got psalms? Or that you’re droppin bombs on ya moms, f**k car alarms?

But seriously, I admire you’re dedication to campaigning, but I promise you, even though we’re only two weeks into the new year, you’ve already locked up the Net54 “Biggest Douche of 2018” award. There’s not going to be any legitimate competetition. You can stop posting any time. You’ve already won.

-Ryan
Old 01-13-2018, 12:04 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCabron View Post
It’s hard to follow what you’re saying, David, because you’re jumping around a lot. Maybe you should check yo self. Are you saying word to your moms, you came to drop bombs, you got more rhymes than the Bible’s got psalms? Or that you’re droppin bombs on ya moms, f**k car alarms?

But seriously, I admire you’re dedication to campaigning, but I promise you, even though we’re only two weeks into the new year, you’ve already locked up the Net54 “Biggest Douche of 2018” award. There’s not going to be any legitimate competetition. You can stop posting any time. You’ve already won.

-Ryan
...unless it's just another bombtrack.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:43 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1

I been off for a day or so. Guess i was wrong to think that there may of been more than just providing ALL the cards to the OP plus offering more given what I read. I had thought it may of at least appeared more complicated than that. Sorry to question that. Guess i was wrong.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-13-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:53 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I think the postmark is dated for the same day this thread was started at 8:30 PM. So I think without question the check was mailed before this thread was started. Unless you know of a post office open that late.

So now please tell me what does Al gain by not sending out a lot of common T206 cards. And I can only think that with you keeping this conspiracy going that you, Orlando and perhaps the OP who is sending you scans of the envelope must think he was getting a brown Old Mill card in that lot.

Edited to add: I didn’t include Jake Lieberman because I’m not even sure he knows what he thinks. What law school allowed that guy to graduate???
If you stamp your own mail at home or office you can manipulate the time pretty easily for backdating etc. Not saying that happened but just general knowledge in those situations when not done at the post office.

Thanks for not including me. Like i stated earlier, sorry for questioning the process early on.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-13-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Hi Joe- NYC Dinner Thread?
Michael - I haven't been here in a while.... but if I remember correctly, just about any thread is vulnerable to turning into a NYC Dinner Thread.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:02 PM
Dan Bretta

I have the pic of the box the cards were returned in that includes a tracking number. Al sent it to me so I could provide it to David so he could get over this conspiracy theory. I will not post it here because the tracking number would likely give away the person who received the cards and he does not want to be involved and there is no need for him to be involved. The tracking number and dates corroborate Al's story, I guess it's up to you guys if you want to believe the "Bomb dropper" or Al.