NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 PM

Default Any Moonlight Graham autographs out there? No CCSA, plz

As a person who loves the movie Field of Dreams, only until a few years ago did I realize that Moonlight Graham was not fictional, but an actual baseball player who played in one game in 1905 and passed away in 1965. So of course, Coach's Corner Sports Auctions had a single signed baseball that came from the Barry Halper collection (amusing photo below and it sold for what you would expect, $121) and authenticated by Joseph Sperling fella, and was wondering if any "authentic" signatures of Graham exist or have been sold? This other photo came from Wikipedia which would suggest at least one signed photo exists (if authentic) and if any can post any they know of on the board here. Your expertise welcome. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MoonlightGrahamball.jpg (60.4 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg Moonlight_Graham.jpg (19.5 KB, 372 views)
Old 02-20-2017, 01:29 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

In my 45+ years of collecting I have seen 2 authentic Moonlight Graham autographs and none on a ball. Of course until the movie Field of Dreams came out no one cared much about acquiring his autograph except some very extreme niche collectors. Once the movie came out forgeries of his signature became plentiful on all types of autograph types.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Here are two that I know of:

http://www.milehighcardco.com/moonli...t-lot7493.aspx

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/ext...o-lot5616.aspx
Old 02-20-2017, 08:16 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default Add to those examples . . .

. . .
One additional Dr. Graham signed check
sold by Jim Stinson several years ago.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the scans. Those sure are amazing prices for a guy who played one game. That postcard is super cool!

This was brought to my attention (speaking of amazing) today that has nothing to do with Moonlight, but CCSA sold a Shakespeare autograph. There are 6 known to man and sell north of $3 million. There's sold for an astounding discount. When will it end, as it just seems to get worse over there in Sauderton, PA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WS.jpg (62.1 KB, 239 views)
Old 02-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Christopher Williams

Those guys over a Roach's Korner have absolutely no conscience.

The crap they (Malack and Trythall) have sold over the last twenty years is beyond comprehension.

I would love to see their consignors (four or five) list.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:03 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I used to live in Souderton back in the 1980's. I knew those guys when they had a tiny baseball card store in the old train station ticket booth. Called Captain Ricks Sportscards I think. Then I was out of the hobby for several years and when I started getting SCD I saw their auctions. The last time I went to their warehouse (yes its an old warehouse) to pick up something I won (yes I used to bid on some McGwire signed items because occasionally they would actually have a real one and I can authenticate his signature so I could pick stuff up really cheap) I diodn't recognizee anyone. Mostly young guys and gals walking around.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 02-21-2017, 08:50 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBaseballCollector View Post
Thanks for the scans. Those sure are amazing prices for a guy who played one game. That postcard is super cool!

This was brought to my attention (speaking of amazing) today that has nothing to do with Moonlight, but CCSA sold a Shakespeare autograph. There are 6 known to man and sell north of $3 million. There's sold for an astounding discount. When will it end, as it just seems to get worse over there in Sauderton, PA.
I would have bid on Shakespeare if it was on a baseball but not on this.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-21-2017, 09:47 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Why not go for adam greenberg now.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:32 AM
Richard Simon

They can always say the Shakespeare was "decorative."
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default I actually undersold Jim Stinson . . .

. . .

as Jim sold both a Dr. Graham signed full size check in 1997
and later he sold a check signature cut attached to a 3x5 in 2005.

Sorry about that Jim.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:34 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Not an autograph but pretty cool. University of Maryland 1905 yearbook with Archibald Graham as a senior and on the baseball team. This was also the year he played his one and only game for the Giants.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moon2.jpg (57.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg moonlight.jpg (6.1 KB, 94 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 02-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Brian clif.ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Why not go for adam greenberg now.
Greensbergs an awesome guy, great autograph too.