NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 04-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Default My new show on ESPN2!

Friends, after 19 years in testing--19!!--I decided it was time to do something different. After years of auditions I never told anyone about and literally zero callbacks, I am taking my talents to Bristol, CT, where I will co-host a new ESPN2 daily show called The Numbers.

I think many of you will enjoy it quite a bit. My co-host, Steve Sax (!), and I will look at the modern analytics that govern much of the decision making in today's sports world, focusing on what the numbers do and don't tell us.
It will mean some big changes. Jaden will go to a new school, and the producers are requiring me to wear a toupee ("to look more telegenic") and glasses ("to look more brainy"). And I will occasionally even have to give lip service to golf as a real sport. (Our third episode is titled "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drago"--Saxie came up with it--and re-imagines the 1977 Red Sox with Tiger Woods at catcher and Dick Drago pitching all 162 games.) That's a weird one, so I'm much more excited about Episode 1: Curry vs. Wilt, featuring some INSANE NBA2K16 animations. Promos should start running on Sunday, but you'll actually see Scott Van Pelt instead of me because I hadn't okayed my contract yet.

At any rate, if you made it this far...April Fools!!

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 04-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Sweet! Perhaps you could work in a few segments on baseball cards if the opportunity presents itself. Good luck! Edit to say you got me, lol

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 04-01-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:45 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Did you at least get to pick the rug and glasses combo ? I'd go with a mid 1970s used car dealer look. Congrats I'll make sure to check it out.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:50 AM

Haha. Steve Sax would make a comment then "throw it over to you" and he'd miss badly.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
Did you at least get to pick the rug and glasses combo ? I'd go with a mid 1970s used car dealer look. Congrats I'll make sure to check it out.
I wish!! This was actually my April Fools joke. But maybe in the next life...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 04-01-2016, 11:02 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Be glad you're not actually working with Sax. I was talking with a few of his neighbors at a River Cats game last year, and they said he's a complete d*ck...
Old 04-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Per.ry Sc-hultz

click bait jerks