NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-20-2020, 12:53 PM

Question Would appreciate advice on best route to sell autographed baseballs passed-on to me

Hello everyone.

I have 7 baseballs passed-on to me from my Uncle/Grandfather. One of the balls is just stamped; not real autographs. So 6 balls, one from my Uncle which I am unsure of, 5 from my Grandfather that I know are authentic as he worked security for stadiums/arenas in the NYC area in the 60's era. Obviously I know me saying that means nothing and the balls would still have to be authenticated at some point. The ball from my Uncle, was given to me by my Aunt when he passed. This ball says to Robert (his name) so this was given to him at some point. I'd assume this is authentic as well, but have no idea really.

From what I understand these balls are Mets, Dodgers, Giants from the 1960's. There are some team balls as well as possible autographs from Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Koufax, Seaver, Drysdale, Snider, etc.

I want to sells these balls to someone who can appreciate them. This is where I am uncertain on what to do. Do I have the balls authenticated? That will cost money and then when I sell them will I make anything substantial minus the authentication fees? Is it possible to sell them here or somewhere else without me paying for authentication? I know there are forums here to sell, eBay of course. But will someone buy these balls with authentication?

Anyway, I appreciate any feedback. I will add a link to an album of the balls. The first 9 photos are of the ball from my Uncle. Next is the stamped ball and then all the remaining photos are of the 5 balls from my Grandfather.

Here is the link - https://photos.app.goo.gl/K5aAvGG2AZTqdVgg9
Old 04-20-2020, 02:42 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

The 1962 Braves, 1962 Giants (green stampings), 1964 Giants (black stampings), 1964 Dodgers and 1967 Mets team balls all look good to me, but you should get them authenticated if you can. The 1964 Giants ball is interesting in that it has all the big stars on the team, including Duke Snider (his only year in SF) and what is probably Masanori Murakami. The 1964 Dodgers ball even has Leo Durocher on the sweetspot with Walt Alston.

The ball with Ted Williams on it is probably not worth very much, due to the fading. I can't make out that many signatures, except Williams, Vic Wertz, Carroll Hardy and maybe Pete Coscarart. The ball seems to be just a multi-signature ball, with no apparent connection between the players.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox
Old 04-20-2020, 11:10 PM
Jonathan Sterling

You have a nice collection of team balls. I have a few from the 60's and early 70's. And some have what is called Auction letter authentication. Which is when an auction house pays for a quick opinion. Then if you win the item you can go to authenticate it at a slightly reduced rate if you do it within 30 or 60 days after auction. I looked into getting a few team balls authenticated but cost is substantial $150 + for team balls with a couple hall of famers or stars.
Heritage Auctions sold a similar 1964 ball for $384 and you can look up other similar balls now that you know teams and years. But you can see at $150 + a ball it eats into profits. So it might be better to sell to an advanced collector who knows what he is doing.( not me I am just trying to help) but I do like your 1967 Mets ball.
Good luck
Jonathan
Old 04-21-2020, 06:44 AM

Thanks, that's what I plan on doing. Selling to collector rather than the time and money of having them authenticated.