NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Bob Andrews

"Paging P.T. Barnum. Mr. Barnum, please pick up a white courtesy phone"

Current Projects: 1961, 1971 and 1975 Topps Baseball, 1953 Bowman Football

Player Collections: Billy Pierce, Charles Bender, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Elston Howard, Mike Cuellar Always looking for unique Billy Pierce items
Old 04-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Ti.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

So Purple Label people, what if any credentials do you have and why do you not list a contact name, city state or other identifying info on your website and or facebook page??? SMH...
Old 04-29-2018, 07:17 PM
Greg C

Default Hello All,

Hi. I did not expect a discussion to be started so soon but here we are...

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Greg Campbell. I run the eBay store Rookie-Parade and I am the owner of Purple Label, LLC. Our product was tested for the first time at the Shriners card show in Massachusetts this weekend to an overall positive response.

I am readily available to answer any questions. You can reach me on here or use the contact page on the website.

The site is about 99% complete. The database has full functionality as of right now. All stickered cards have a QR code which links the user directly to the website (which is very mobile friendly). Any of our certified cards can be looked up by serial number. You can find a full explanation of the sticker and exactly what it represents right on the home page.

At this time we are not accepting public submissions, but this will change in the near future. We are looking forward to making submissions fully accessible to everyone. As of right now, you will have to meet us in person at trade shows to receive the product.

As for my credentials, it would be unbecoming to boast about myself for representation of the company. If other people wish to list my accolades they are free to do so.

I will say this about our forward vision: we are going “full steam ahead” on this venture. I am looking to run a square and consistent operation only. This product will speak for itself. Get your hands on some Purple Label cards to really see the quality. I am not looking to put out a half-baked, ill-concocted service....the sticker is only for premium quality cards with great eye appeal that look nice for the grade.

As I said before, the website is still awaiting some content so stay tuned. Complete contact, business, and background info will be available very soon. Keep checking back.

I am excited to launch this and I would like to say thank you to everyone who is already supporting the brand.

Cheers,

Greg

VISIT OUR SITE:www.slabsticker.com
Old 04-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Robert Williams

So naturally, you own product got the purple stickers. Talk about being an unbiased party (rolls eyes).
Old 04-29-2018, 08:33 PM
Robert Williams

I think I can buy some "purple stars"....I can get some at Wal-Mart or the local teacher's supply store. I will put them on my cards that I believe are better than the assigned grade. Who wants me to put "purple stars" on the cards coming back from the group sub?
Old 04-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

I get it, and it makes sense for a card graded a PSA, SGC , BGS,1etc .I’ve seen cards graded a 1 that are off the charts destroyed.I’ve seen cards graded a one that are nice and I wouldn’t mine owning. The issue I have is a psa 10 with a purple sticker. Is that even possible to achieve? Is a 9 with a purple sticker almost a 10? This is where it gets confusing. When I think of a 6 or 7 then I think I can see the difference in a better 6 or7.

Ps I think most people have a very personal taste in the cards they collect. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people don’t like certain flaws on a card (crease,writing,off center,) others don’t care about theses flaws.

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 04-29-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Umm, yeah, I can look at the card myself. Thanks for nothing. Oh, and when people ask who you are that is the time to tout your accomplishments. Don’t expect others to extol your virtues when it appears that no one has any idea what they are...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-29-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:35 AM
Andrew Silverman

Greg tends to be modest when speaking about himself. He has graded thousands upon
thousands of cards among the 3 companies and he knows his way around each set of
standards. His talents have been cited in several Forbes articles, lending to his legitimacy
in his role as a card consultant. Everyone that meets him tends to comment on his
amazing eye for grading.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidse.../#1cf0f5275493

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidse.../#5048eb3f30c1
Old 04-30-2018, 05:56 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermint1975 View Post
Greg tends to be modest when speaking about himself. He has graded thousands upon
thousands of cards among the 3 companies and he knows his way around each set of
standards. His talents have been cited in several Forbes articles, lending to his legitimacy
in his role as a card consultant. Everyone that meets him tends to comment on his
amazing eye for grading.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidse.../#1cf0f5275493

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidse.../#5048eb3f30c1

Well, he sure blew it on the '56 Mantle. And if you can't see the biased benefit of him giving his own cards these treasured "purple labels" then I can't help you. Even Steve Borock had to sell his personal comic book collection when he got hooked up with CGC. Something about a "conflict of interest". The seller/purple label maker should take note.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 04-30-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:01 AM
Robert Williams

PS - Read the first article. If Greg Cambell can't realize the damage that the screw down holder caused that fellows Mantle after all these years, I can't help him either. He called it the "best ever" and estimated it at $150,000. Why not tell him the truth and say that all those years of being compressed in the screw down holder probably damaged the card and he would be lucky to receive a numeric grade from PSA at all. I know it is the story that noone wants to hear, but it is the truth. He deserves that.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 04-30-2018 at 06:02 AM.