NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-30-2002, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Some pal! Every time i try to pay someone through them, they say my password's wrong; I need two new secret questions, etc. The only thing they don't want to change is my credit card number, which unfortunately doesn't exist (I paid off three, kept two)!

The only time it went smoothly was when i was paying a guy in Germany. Well, that's something!

Finally got a Scrapps O"Neill...

Old 12-31-2002, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: Robert

That was a nice pickup. Enjoy. Rob

Old 12-31-2002, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

section of "19th century only."

Old 01-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: zz

When signing up for PayPal, there are several steps involved. Your chosen password must be at least 8 characters long. Perhaps you rushed the sign up process. I would try again. it is worth it.

Remember, once you are able to log in, you can control money transfers to bank accounts, I'm glad they don't make it easy!

I have only had an account there for a month and I have processed several hundreds of dollars worth of sales and transferred the money to my bank within three days.

Old 01-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Old 01-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: rod

I have had the same kinds of problems. Had to change passwords ( 8 Characters ) a number of times now. What really bothers me is that a number of larger type sellers refuse to take it. Makes you feel a little insecure.

Old 07-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: Peter Thomas

once you have established that you are a good risk (spent $2000). they insist on your checking account # (credit card no longer good without this #) I may be old fasioned, but that's one number I'm not giving them. I guess Ebay can squeze a little more profit that way.

Old 07-29-2003, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: seth nagdeman

It was nice to see everyone at the national. I saw the thread about Paypal and wanted to share something from a recent experience.

As a seller, if you accept payment through Paypal, you HAVE TO have online confirmation through Fedex, USPS, or UPS. If you don't have the online confirmation of delivery, and the buyer claims they never received the item, Paypal will refund the money to the purchaser.

Recently someone paid through Paypal, did not choose to purchase insurance. I insured the package anyway when I sent it USPS, but did not add delivery confirmation. The buyer claimed it was not received. I went to USPS, put in the insured mail tracking number and it said, "you did not purchase tracking with this item". I then went to the post office and confirmed that it was delivered. The buyer filed a claim through Paypal, and recieved their money back. I was out the item and the money and Paypal would not do anything else because their rules state that you must have online tracking. Also, USPS is taking a position that the item was delivered so they will not refund for insurance. I share this so that everyone knows about online tracking when accepting payments through Paypal. If you're sending through USPS, just add the Delivery Confirmation and you'll be all set. Hope this helps !

Please remember to checkout the current auction at http://www.19thcenturyonly.com. I am adding in some more lots tonight.

Best,
Seth

Old 07-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: marty

I opened a seperate savings account for PayPal. I move money out of it fairly quickly. I am required to keep a $25.00 balance, so they can never get very much. I will go down and sweep the account as often as I need to. This is the only reason that I have this account.

Old 07-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I have my savings account on my paypal account. I found out though you can only use funds from your savings acount only 3 times a month or you receive a penalty. helps to curb my spending a little.

Old 07-31-2003, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: BcD

make certain your cap key is not locked on. I am not kidding. Paypal is case sensitive and you may just be entering the info in small/large caps not as you originally signed in.

Old 07-31-2003, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: julie

I've been writing "PayPal"--and everyone's gotten their money.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Default PayPal..

Posted By: BcD

so it must be exact.