NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 02-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Scott

Default Willy McCovey signed major league ball with stand PSA

Willy McCovey signed major league ball with stand PSASelling for my friend who just got this. Has a 79 tops highlight card, actually a 1980 card. Beautiful snow white seal league ball with PSA and Steiner stickers and PSA card.

He’s asking for $200 shipped or best strong offer. P.m. to reserve or questions and also check out all of my listings of my own stuff! Thanks and God bless to everyone on that 54. Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JPEG image 4.jpg (19.9 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg JPEG image 5.jpg (16.1 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg JPEG image 6.jpg (13.5 KB, 296 views)
Old 02-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Scott

Bump 175 . One of the nicest you will ever see
Old 02-25-2019, 01:47 PM

I'd be interested in the ball for $70.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:18 PM
Scott

Unhappy

Really? Do you see what they r going for? Although this isn't mine, I'm not going to insult my friend with that offer, Unless he takes it which I highly doubt he'll even consider.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:31 PM
Scott

Unhappy

Double post

Last edited by GrayGhost; 02-25-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:15 AM

No worries if you're not interested. I noticed there had been no interest in the piece, so I thought I'd offer you the price I'd be interested in paying for McCovey, who is a very common signature.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieg View Post
No worries if you're not interested. I noticed there had been no interest in the piece, so I thought I'd offer you the price I'd be interested in paying for McCovey, who is a very common signature.
Common yes, but he’s passed on now, so there won’t be anymore. PSA/DNA authentic McCovey balls are selling for about $200. You’re offer is insulting as it costs more than $70 to even authenticate through PSA...but he is common so I’m sure you can easily find one for your $70 offer... oh and Scott posted this 14 days ago... not 14 months... sometimes it takes a few weeks to sell something.

If you want to low ball at least send a PM so they can just ignore you and not make yourself look like a jerk publicly.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:13 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Just to clear up some inaccuracies, McCovey MLB balls (without inscriptions) that are PSA/DNA certified are going for about $110. Here are 2 that recently sold for that amount.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-McCo...IAAOSwE~1cBvPo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-McCo...UAAOSwa55cFU8E

Again, those are completed sales that actually sold . There are plenty still for sale on eBay in that price range. in fact, here is a really nice one still for sale for $90.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-McCo...Zbu:rk:45:pf:0

Yes, the $70 offer was about $40 less than what they're going for on eBay but, then again, a $200 asking price is about $90 more than what they're going for on eBay. It's Scott's ball (well, his friends) and he can ask what he wants, but a $70 offer is not as far off as the $200 asking price. And, for what it's worth, PSA/DNA only charges $20 to certify McCovey autos (not $70).

Good luck with the sale, but you might want to have your friend reconsider his asking price.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Guess ball certification is cheaper then... or maybe it’s around the player? I’ve only ever had Mickey Mantle autos authenticated and it cost me $100 and had though that was simply the going rate for HOFers.... oh well... I just didn’t like the way that other guy was acting, not that I’m ever a jerk
Old 03-01-2019, 12:36 PM
David Linardy

Default Mccovey

Costs 35ish for a full cert
Old 03-01-2019, 01:21 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
Costs 35ish for a full cert
Basic authentication (such as the OP's ball and the 3 examples I posted) is only $20. If you submit in bulk, you can actually get if for about $15. That includes the sticker and COA.

Not sure what you mean by a full cert? LOA?

Prices are posted on their website.

https://www.psacard.com/Fees/AutographCategory/baseball
Old 03-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Manny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Basic authentication (such as the OP's ball and the 3 examples I posted) is only $20. If you submit in bulk, you can actually get if for about $15. That includes the sticker and COA.

Not sure what you mean by a full cert? LOA?

Prices are posted on their website.

https://www.psacard.com/Fees/AutographCategory/baseball
It's not just $20 or $35 or whatever it is. It's the packaging, postage, return postage, time...factor all that in and it's much closer to $70 than $30.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:43 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetBuilder View Post
It's not just $20 or $35 or whatever it is. It's the packaging, postage, return postage, time...factor all that in and it's much closer to $70 than $30.
Who's going to send in just a common McCovey ball (with nothing else) to be authenticated? Everyone I know sends in multiple items to save on shipping (both ways). Would you send in just one common card to be graded by itself at a low tier service, or would you send multiple items at once to make it worth your time?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLongley View Post
Guess ball certification is cheaper then... or maybe it’s around the player? I’ve only ever had Mickey Mantle autos authenticated and it cost me $100 and had though that was simply the going rate for HOFers.... oh well... I just didn’t like the way that other guy was acting, not that I’m ever a jerk
As I said - without ever calling you any names - I'd be interested in the ball at $70. That's clearly not what you're looking for, so I moved on.

However, I make it a point to be courteous and professional on this board, and on the others of which I am a member. In that light, I make sure not to be anything but polite and matter-of-fact to people, which I was to you. If you don't like people who are matter-of-fact, that's a you problem, not anyone else's problem.

Thank you to the other posters who offered great context about the market value of Willie McCovey baseballs. The more information that we have on forums like this, the more informed trades, sales and posters are, and that's a big win for the hobby.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:15 AM

This is great, we are talking about sports memorabilia here, an autographed ball correct? The sheer existence of mankind I don't believe is hanging in the balance.

Did we forget we still operate in a free market economy with supply and demand pretty much setting the tone. If I want to sell something for a certain price and I am not getting any interest that pretty much speaks for itself. If I am wanting to get a deal and make an offer in that direction, and I am not getting any takers it speaks for itself.

I can't be upset either way.

We can't force somebody to buy/sell something at the price we think it should be done at.

What ever happened to the Stephen Covey win/win mentality?

As a "seller" I have had someone make me an offer and basically said I was trash if I didn't take it. The added commentary at the end of their offer told me I wasn't going to deal with them regardless and I just laughed it off.

I have also had someone make me an offer which I didn't take and they simply said to get in touch if I ever decide to sell in their range. Which I can appreciate because as a collector, I usually have a range I try to stay in, while trying to get the best deal.

More win/win or agree to disagree and move on , Less my way or the highway
Old 03-02-2019, 06:08 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
As I said - without ever calling you any names - I'd be interested in the ball at $70. That's clearly not what you're looking for, so I moved on.

However, I make it a point to be courteous and professional on this board, and on the others of which I am a member. In that light, I make sure not to be anything but polite and matter-of-fact to people, which I was to you. If you don't like people who are matter-of-fact, that's a you problem, not anyone else's problem.

Thank you to the other posters who offered great context about the market value of Willie McCovey baseballs. The more information that we have on forums like this, the more informed trades, sales and posters are, and that's a big win for the hobby.
For what it’s worth I thought your posts were completely fine. I’m not sure where all the vitriol came from.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Quote:

I’m not the seller, so none of your prior comments were to me, I read your post as a 3rd party and it seemed passive aggressive.... so that’s why I commented. I’m sure you’re mostly courteous and polite, but I read this post of yours otherwise (maybe I was having a bad day, because I usually never bother making comments on threads that have no bearing to me). And I called you no names... just suggested the best way to make offers...especially when significantly lower than the ask. I’ve done quite a few transactions both buying and selling and PM is usually the best way to go for future reference.

This thread has gone completely off target, so apologies to Scott it went this way...

Anyway... good luck finding your McCovey ball and Scott good luck selling the ball for your friend.