NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Greg Mitchell

Default Have "Sold" Listings Disappeared from eBay

I presume not, but I no longer see a place to click for them--in searches, say for "t206,' always was a choice of "active" or "sold" and now nothing there at all, and nothing (that I can find) along the left rail, except for "completed listings" (not the same thing) down the page. Just me or what?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 AM
John Hanssen

I just ran into the same thing. I hope it shows back up, I use that function alot.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Dave Terwi.lliger

scroll down along left side menu to "show only" click on completed listings.

Last edited by murcerfan; 06-11-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:45 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

On the left, go down to "more refinements". There should be a "show only" option, and within that there should be "completed listings". It doesn't appear to have a "sold only" option though..
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Greg Mitchell

Yeah, like I said, no Sold listings anymore that I can see. Completed listings is a bummer, too much to scroll through.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Dan Bretta

I can still get "Sold" items on my phone....not on the computer though, it's gone. How many more changes can ebay make to make their system worse than it already is? It seems like something new every week that makes it more of a pain in the butt to do anything. Who are they listening to? Who is making these decisions? Has any ebay "decision maker" ever sold, bought or searched for an item on ebay?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Cain J.

I don't see the sold listings anymore.

Last edited by ins02; 06-11-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM

I noticed the same thing. All I can find now is the completed listings. That's unfortunate...that was a great tool.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

That's odd: I just used this function 5 minutes ago.

I just searched "Vladimir Guerrero jersey"
under the search box, I see 3 tabs, right in the center: "All" "Auction" "BiN"
right under those tabs, I see "Active listings" "sold listings" and "Completed listings."

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sold.jpg (75.9 KB, 253 views)
Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDMD View Post
That's unfortunate...that was a great tool.
as was using an astersk when searching for items (like mick* mant*), and leaving feedback for buyers, and having transparency by seeing bidders names, and seeing what "best offer" items sold for. But those were all USEFUL, so of course ebay took them away!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM
octavio ranzola

they never leave things alone unreal...
Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Tony Quinn

Go to the advanced option (after the search bar) up at the top right. I just used it a 1/2 hr. ago. and it worked fine.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
as was using an astersk when searching for items (like mick* mant*), and leaving feedback for buyers, and having transparency by seeing bidders names, and seeing what "best offer" items sold for. But those were all USEFUL, so of course ebay took them away!
I can't argue with you there...I miss all those features.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
Go to the advanced option (after the search bar) up at the top right. I just used it a 1/2 hr. ago. and it worked fine.
I clicked on advanced search and there is no option to search for "sold" items only.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM

I have Advanced eBay search on my favorites list. Until a few days ago, all I had as options on that page for search purposes was "title and description" and "completed listings". Then, all of a sudden, there was a "sold items" tab under the "completed listings" tab.

I thought that was great. However, after a few days, that tab disappeared and hasn't come back.

Now, when I am looking for some items under completed listings, I see that the date the item ended is no longer being shown. So, to see how long ago that item ended, instead of just looking next to the price and seeing the date, you have to click on the item to find out when it ended.

Having worked for a company that relied heavily on computers in its everyday business, I swear the people in the IT department must have felt like they had to change things around every six months so as to give their bosses a reason to keep them employed.....
Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Dan Bretta

I see they now have the "sold" button to the left of the listings in the long list of customizations...one problem though is that whenever you do a new search it reverts to current auctions even though the "Sold" button is checkmarked...so you have to uncheck it which refreshes the screen and then check it again to sold listings. I'm guessing they have hired chimps to do their programming for them.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 06-14-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:18 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

So frustrating....

It seems as though E-bay operates under the notion of "If it aint broke, fix it again".
Old 06-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I'm finding this whole thing odd. I just looked up a search, and the tabs were right out front for me to click on, exactly like my screenshot above.

Yesterday, I looked something up, and those options weren't there! I had to go to the side like some of you said.

WEIRD!! Now, I was on a different computer yesterday, but I have no idea why that would matter.

Ken
Old 06-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Tom Boblitt

They've jacked it all up.......on some pages, it's readily available with active, sold and completed links that can easily be clicked on. Other pages still if you scroll down on the left you can see completed only and other pages still you have to click on show all and then completed. This has been stated before but....THEY ARE MORONS. They have taken a perfectly enjoyable site and made it such a pain that its ridiculous....and you know why? BECAUSE THEY CAN.