NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default E103.....value in poor condition?

Posted By: Dave

Anyone have a clue what a E103 common in beater shape would go for provided its in a PSA 1 or SGC 10 holder?? Thanks.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

Cards in the poor range can very greatly from card to card. An E103 Mclean in poor condition recently sold on ebay for 15 dollars. It was very beat up id say you could expect in the 20,25 dollar range for a poor common that isnt on the lowest end of the spectrum

Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Well I won the Mclean last night for $15.50 it is a real beater...just wondered if worth having it slabbed....is $15.50 a good price for E103's regardless of condition or no?

Old 01-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

I think Dylan answered your question, but here is another point of view. It's tough to get any vintage card for $15 bucks anymore. Especially a card from a tough set. Not sure what it looks like, but for that price you can't lose. The slab may cost more than the card, so I would say don't slab. Just think... If you keep finding e103's for $15 bucks, you should complete the set for a few hundred. HA!

Edited to add HA!

Old 01-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Dave your card is worth about what you paid. If you got it slabbed it may sell for 25.00 in psa 1, but then you have to add the cost of the slab, so just leave it as it is.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

enjoy the $15 beater, what are you protecting the card from having it slabbed? your $15 beater will not suddenly become a $50 psa1 PR/FR post-slabbed.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

I disagree. I think it was a great buy. Granted it has condition problems, and a poor is a poor is a poor. But consider that even though it would grade a 1 by anybody; it is in one piece, it has no pieces missing, no tears that I can see, no substantial back damage such as paper loss or scrapbook remnants, no pinholes or tack-pulls, and no writing or marks. At least I don't see any of these conditions, and if present they are not substantial.

All in all, it's a decent card that despite its poor condition does not have any of the major problems that are often associated with bargain-basement pickups. I don't remember the last time I saw any E103 in any condition at all go for less than $50, and I'm trying to think if I've ever really seen much under $100.

Good price - maybe a great price. I think if you got it graded it would go for more than $25. Heck, I'd give you $25 for it right now, raw.

As to grading, I think that for low-level cards (1's, and maybe low-end 2's) the grading decision is far more influenced by philosophical issues, and less by potential resale value. Just my opinion.

Nice pick-up.

Joann

Edited to correct improper use of it's versus its. (!)

Old 01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Well its definately a beater....and no I wasn't thinking if I had it graded I'd get $100 for it....if that were the case it would already be packaged to go to PSA....anything to add a few more bucks to spend on the T206's.....I actually logged into ebay with the E103 having under 20 seconds left to bid...I saw E103 in the title and bid without ever looking at what I was bidding at....perhaps stupid...but then again thats me...

Old 01-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Joanne im sorry but i disagree with your statement. Ive seen these sell for under 25 dollars in said condition on more then just this occasion. I think it was a good pickup, but its not a 50 dollar card. Slab the card if you wish though.