NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Default Need Help - 1936 Omaha Robin Hoods

Posted By: andy

I think we've narrowed it down to 1936. We have 16 real photos of this club issued in the envelope pictured. Can anyone provide me with a roster or point me in the right direction where I could find one? Also, does anyone know if these 16 are a complete set?

Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Andy,

It would be hard to call them a set since they are photographs. The envelope is just the packaging your photos would come back in if you got them developed at the Ford-Hopkins drugstore in Waterloo, Iowa in 1936. It's not an envelope that a card set was "issued" in. To call them a set almost implies that they are cards, when they are clearly individual snapshots of Robin Hoods team members.

In any case, they are great photos, especially that first one. I can't believe how clear the image is. Cool uniforms, too!

These would look amazing framed and matted in two rows of 8.

Cool stuff.

-Ryan

Old 11-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Thanks Ryan. They are really nice with some having the frame and the others like the second one, without. The photography is really crisp with my pics not doing them justice. Hopefully, I'll track down a roster somehow,
-A

Old 11-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

call the local library, see if they can help!

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me

Old 11-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Andy, 1936 is the correct year for these photos as 1936 was the only season for the Omaha Robin Hoods who were in the Western League. Their stadium burned down and that was the end of the team in Omaha. They played out the season in Rock Island, Illinois.

Roster:

The most notable players were Pid Purdy and Clarence Mitchell the rest of the roster is as follows:

Dutch Prather
Ed Williford
Joe Spadafore
Ed DeCuir
Martin Tierney
George Wise
Keith Clark
Hank Severied
Dave Goodman
Russ Scarritt
Charles Wolfe
Dale Mills
Ed Nichols
Lyle Johnson
Frank Papish
Vance Cauble

If you are looking to get rid of these photos I would dearly love a chance to obtain them as Nebraska Minor League baseball is a specialty of mine.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Daniel,
Thanks very much for the info and roster! I'll send you a seperate email,
-Andy

Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: craig

creighton university in omaha has a wealth of info on baseball in nebraska.

here is the link:
http://marian.creighton.edu/~besser/baseball/second.html

Old 11-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Actually that site has nothing to do with Creighton University. It is run by fellow SABR member Bruce Esser who is a physics teacher at Marian High School in Omaha. Many of the items pictured on that site come from my collection.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: craig

Daniel,

thanks for the correction. that website is awesome for researchers like myself. had tons of info on des moines when the cities crossed paths. give the owner big props and a HUGE thank you from me.

craig

Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Craig, no problem. Do you know anything about the 1937 and '38 Clinton Owls teams? I have had little luck in finding info on them.

I have a team signed ball from both of those teams. The ball in the center of this photo is one of them.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us