NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 03-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Default Neutral or Positive Feedback

So I received an ebay item exactly as described and pictured but the way it was packaged I'm amazed it wasn't damaged!! Do I leave positive feedback because I received as described or neutral because of very amateur packing?? Would you praise risky shipping?
Old 03-30-2014, 05:43 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
Would you praise risky shipping?
I wouldn't praise it, but I wouldn't punish it either (neutral). If the card arrived as described, you got what you paid for.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Leave positive but mention the bad packaging.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:52 AM
Frank Hay-zer

Personally, I would probably leave no feedback at all. If I did, I would leave him positive feedback (not mentioning the packaging) but would however message the seller and let him know he has to do a better job packaging his items- it may be something he has overlooked that you can legitimately help him with. Overall though, if I get an item exactly as described, i'm not going to leave a 'stain' on the sellers' reputation.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:03 PM
Alex

Sounds like a neutral experience to me. I don't think people leave enough honest feedback.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

Some of the comments I read here about feedback, are scary. Negative and neutral feedback are a really bad thing for the seller - they aren't just helpful information. It would be far better to let the seller know he didn't pack well, and make suggestions. I've done this before, and it turned out that the seller was very grateful, and just ignorant about proper packing. I'm glad I didn't help screw him out of a seller percentage discount that might be what keeps his business afloat.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Some of the comments I read here about feedback, are scary. Negative and neutral feedback are a really bad thing for the seller - they aren't just helpful information. It would be far better to let the seller know he didn't pack well, and make suggestions. I've done this before, and it turned out that the seller was very grateful, and just ignorant about proper packing. I'm glad I didn't help screw him out of a seller percentage discount that might be what keeps his business afloat.
+100...the item was not damaged.

Jeff
Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
I agree with this...100%

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Alex

I am surprised by the way people view feedback. There is no such thing as 100% positive service in a business. Someone will always be dissatisfied and sometimes a business drops the ball.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I am surprised by the way people view feedback. There is no such thing as 100% positive service in a business. Someone will always be dissatisfied and sometimes a business drops the ball.
In another thread today, another member wrote, "We all make mistakes, it is how you handle the mistakes that shows your true nature."

Your response was, "I agree with this sentiment 100%"

The seller made a mistake here. Nobody is denying that. But there was no harm done. As the buyer, tell the seller of their mistake and move on. Hopefully they correct it.

Feedback is very important to some sellers because it helps keep their FVFs lower. And doesn't it stand to reason if their fees are lower, the prices are lower? If their fees go up, who do they pass the added costs along to? Follow my point?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
In another thread today, another member wrote, "We all make mistakes, it is how you handle the mistakes that shows your true nature."

Your response was, "I agree with this sentiment 100%"

The seller made a mistake here. Nobody is denying that. But there was no harm done. As the buyer, tell the seller of their mistake and move on. Hopefully they correct it.

Feedback is very important to some sellers because it helps keep their FVFs lower. And doesn't it stand to reason if their fees are lower, the prices are lower? If their fees go up, who do they pass the added costs along to? Follow my point?

I stand by my statement about mistakes. That would move you from negative to neutral.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 04-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Doug Chamberlain

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. Maybe some don't realize how much a negative feedback can retard one's ability to sell, especially for a newer seller with a low amount of transactions.
Transaction thanks to: Andretti83, Beatles Guy, Bocabirdman, Brailey, Bryon Long, buckyball1, cincyredlegs, cparker94, dealme, deltufjp2, detroitbaseball, dougscats, drmondobueno, Edwolf1963, esiason14, familytoad, freakhappy, GehrigFan, grainsley, hangman62, JasonL, jschris, kamikidEFFL, KC Doughboy, LukeLyon, marslife, rainier2004, swohscs, tedzan, tinkertoeverstochance, vcuono, and more...
Old 04-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
Alex, David nailed it. It's all about how ebay uses feedback, not how buyers and sellers communicate. Ebayers learned very early that being honest about transactions was in no one's best interest, so unless something horrible is done, we all give positive and communicate problems privately.

Ebay is just trying to cull out the extremely undesirables - if you play okay with others, they will take your money all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdugdig View Post
Couldn't agree more. Maybe some don't realize how much a negative feedback can retard one's ability to sell, especially for a newer seller with a low amount of transactions.
Doug, neutral and negative also hurts long-time sellers with high feedback. Last Fall I sold 10 large lots of childhood comic books, just hoping to dump them and save space. I charged a flat rate for medium priority boxes and got dinged by two out of ten buyers for high shipping charges. I lost my status and the associated cost savings. I still have 300 comic books left, but after that fiasco, I realize that I don't know comic book buyers well enough to take a chance selling them on ebay.

Last edited by Runscott; 04-02-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Jay Shelton

I agree; leave a positive, and then let the seller know about the packaging….