NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Yeah Jeff, but let's be honest, if they were Big Baller Brand or even the right size.....

Last edited by orly57; 01-09-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:28 PM
Fred

What are you saying Orlando? Are you saying that if the sneakers were the right size that, not only would Jeff had kept the shoes, he'd also have kept the money for the return shipping of the sneakers....
Old 01-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

No. It's worse. I'm saying Jeff Lichtmann has the missing t206s. (And that would be an example of libel)

Last edited by orly57; 01-09-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Brendan Mullen

Your wrong IMO. The OP has been made aware of what happened and as per Al there is a check mailed correct? Just because the OP has not received his check yet he came here and started to state his case that had actually been settled already but was impatient and didn't make any more calls or anything. I don't care if Al or Jesus himself admitted fault. I 110% believe that the OP should be liable for what he posted about LOTG. Plus not a single one of us knows whether or not the person that got the cards has actually received it yet anyway. Come on guys stop splitting hairs here.

As far as me and the slander or liable.... well I JDGAF. I am not going to hold my opinion back for someones feelings. Anyone that has ever met me knows this. Some people are just to sensitive. The issue here is I am practicing my "1st amendment rights". Just like burning a flag in the streets is legal and blocking off a major highway is also apparently. Just ask BLM supporters and Millennials.

I couldn't agree more with BOTH of your posts. And your 1st amendment statement. No need to run LOTG's name through the mud because of one simple mistake IN WHICH THEY AGREED TO CORRECT IN A FAIRLY TIMELY MANNER.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
No. It's worse. I'm saying Jeff Lichtmann has the missing t206s. (And that would be an example of libel)
Only if it isn't true.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

I get slandered. Libeled. I hear words I never heard in the Bible.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:17 PM

And Al is just trying to keep the customer satisfied
Old 01-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Banned

before the cards are shipped out, they should be reslabbed with a Fra.nk Anth0ny Find pedigree.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Bob B.

Well, I saw the first couple posts on page one. Jumped to the last page (13 at the time) to see how it turned out, and safe to say will not be reading pages 2-12.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I get slandered. Libeled. I hear words I never heard in the Bible.
And you’re not deserving???

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
And you’re not deserving???
May I recommend the sounds of silence.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Not sure there is a guy in the hobby who has more integrity than Al. He is as honest as they come. I have complimented him many times about many aspects of his company, especially with his write ups and the overall presentation on his site and the catalogs. In a short time, and for good reason, he has become a respected auction house and with each auction being stronger than the previous, consignors know they can rely on him to get the job done. I have always looked forward to his auctions despite having an issue with a lot I won where I feel adequate disclosure was not made.

There have been two occasions where I did not get lots shipped to me that I had won and one of those times I received items that I had not won. In both instances I ended up getting what I paid for and items which did not belong to me where promptly returned to Al. I will admit I was a bit taken aback by how laid back Al was both times with regards to the shipping snafu. When I have made shipping errors to buyers on eBay I have always gone out of my way to make it right for the inconvenience my error.

I write this not in an attempt to beat up on Al but to reaffirm what Jay suggested--Al needs some help on shipping which I suspect would also help address the frequent longer than expected shipping delays. Nothing worse than winning and then having to wait weeks to take delivery.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:34 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Yeah Jeff, but let's be honest, if they were Big Baller Brand or even the right size.....
BBB doesn't allow returns or exchanges.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
They were not only not the correct size, but they were bright red. Literally circus shoes.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:47 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
They were not only not the correct size, but they were bright red. Literally circus shoes.
Did you get a pic? Please say yes!

Member since 2009
Old 01-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Since my posts fall on deaf ears anyway, I'm just posting this one to get my 700th post.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:57 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Since my posts fall on deaf ears anyway, I'm just posting this one to get my 700th post.
Sorry can you repeat that I once had a EO go of to close to my head and am half deaf and brain damaged anyway.

Congrats on the 700 Club!!

Member since 2009
Closed Thread