NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2013, 07:24 PM

Default SCP Auctions and shipping cost

I won one lousy card from SCP auctions. Sports Card Plus. David Kohler. I receive an invoice for my $200+ card. $17+ shipping and $1.60 insurance.

ARE YOU FKG KIDDING ME???????????????????????

My card arrives very well packaged in a box that could hold a 1952 Topps complete set. UPS which is a ripoff to begin with!

I sent an email and a note with my payment with no response to either.

God bless them that they do not need my business!

I may not bid on alot, but I am sitting on several million dollars worth of cards and a very good friend of mine used them to sell his collection.

When I am ready to sell, they will NOT be considered! At all!

Terrible customer service, RAPES their bidders with shipping, does not respond to problems.

SCP you can GO TO HELL!

Sincerely,

Dan Mckee
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Robert Williams

Whew! Tell us how you REALLY feel Dan!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 PM

I was recently charged $13 shipping plus $3 insurance on a card I won for $30 from an auction house. It was obscene.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default BP

Not to mention SCP's 20% buyers premium. 20%? Really? No inventory costs. The shipping, handling, and insurance is paid separately. 20% ?

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Default On the flip side.

I won 6 cards and 5 baseball magazines from Sterling a few months a few months ago. I thought the shipping was quite reasonable. Only about 10-12 bucks for a large package. I was content and was surprised when Lee refunded several bucks of it a day later. Said it didn't cost as much as he thought it would. Thumbs up!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Ryan Christoff

I'm pretty tight with Kohler, Dan. You want me to put in a good word for you and get it all straightened out?

-Ryan
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 PM

I won a bat, was also $17 for shipping, $5 for insurance...maybe it's a blanket rate no matter what you win? should obviously be much less for one card.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoizeBringer View Post
I'm pretty tight with Kohler, Dan. You want me to put in a good word for you and get it all straightened out?

-Ryan
Yeah Ryan, why don't you go ahead and touch base with him and let us know how it goes?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoizeBringer View Post

-Ryan

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

I think most of the auction sites (besides places like ebay) charge higher shipping/handling fees. Did you have to sign for the package???
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Belltown Vintage

P.S. - not saying complaining about auction houses isn't good and necessary, just stating an observation.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Henry Nich.ols

Stoneypony hit the nail on the head.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
pete ullman

So just because someone makes a good living...or bought when the market was much different...they should be charged more than the avg joe for the same thing? That's BS and you know it!

I often lie about my profession as people think that just because I'm a dentist...I'm rich and they can charge me more...I'm not...and they can't!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Jeff

Maybe all the AHs could implement a sliding scale for S&H based on a means test.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Bruce C@rter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
So just because someone makes a good living...or bought when the market was much different...they should be charged more than the avg joe for the same thing? That's BS and you know it!
There are a lot of people in this world that don't know it. A big problem these days.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post

I often lie about my profession as people think that just because I'm a dentist...I'm rich and they can charge me more...I'm not...and they can't!
Huh??? You think you were charged more shipping than anyone else who may have made that purchase?? Ummm nope
Old 09-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Henry Nich.ols

Hey Pete I retired from UPS figure it out I dont like shots from someone with a big bankrole and cries. I will hand him a kleenex to cry in.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
I won one lousy card from SCP auctions. Sports Card Plus. David Kohler. I receive an invoice for my $200+ card. $17+ shipping and $1.60 insurance.

ARE YOU FKG KIDDING ME???????????????????????

My card arrives very well packaged in a box that could hold a 1952 Topps complete set. UPS which is a ripoff to begin with!

I sent an email and a note with my payment with no response to either.

God bless them that they do not need my business!

I may not bid on alot, but I am sitting on several million dollars worth of cards and a very good friend of mine used them to sell his collection.

When I am ready to sell, they will NOT be considered! At all!

Terrible customer service, RAPES their bidders with shipping, does not respond to problems.

SCP you can GO TO HELL!

Sincerely,

Dan Mckee
Thanks for sharing, but who give a shit? Complain to the auction house, or don't pay the extremely high shipping to begin with. Life is too short to blow a gasket over 17 bucks.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:35 PM
pete ullman

Dave... i was more referring to The reference to Dan's multimillion dollar collection... Not SCP's shipping policies. Point taken hammer... Additionally... I would say the last 10 to 15 items I have sold on eBay I have undercharged substantially for shipping... I didn't realize how expensive it has gotten?!

Last edited by ullmandds; 09-11-2013 at 07:36 PM.