NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Ben Markham

Default Where to Buy Vintage Cards

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if others had advice for more vendors to purchase from.

I collect Yankees team sets and have been spending most of my effort and money on pre-1979 stuff lately. I picked up the bug from my dad many years ago and remember him sending off orders to Kit Young through the mail and placing orders over the phone with vendors.

I already know the bigger places - eBay, COMC, Sportlots. I also do a lot of trading/selling/buying on Blowout Cards and The Bench - I saw the BST forum here as well. What other places can you recommend?
Old 02-09-2018, 07:50 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

4sharpcorners.com
Old 02-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

stores.ebay.com/jenxcards

Not a big dealer or inventory, but I change/add inventory as often as I can, am pretty reliable, ship quickly, pack well and am more than willing to deal with Net54 members off of Ebay on fixed price items and try to offer some kind of special on auctions to members here. Currently offering unlimited $3.50 shipping on my 1971 Topps Set Break. Have already run cards 1-600. 601-752 end Monday night.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you are looking for something not in my Ebay store.

Thanks for considering one of the small guys!
Chris
Old 02-10-2018, 10:43 AM
je.sse @rnot

I try to keep up with most of the auction sites as well. Lots of great stuff out there. Heritage, rea, goodwin, memorylane, milehigh, loveofthegame, there are others as well.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:58 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Off the top of my head:

Joesvintagesportscards.com
the-battersbox.net

on ebay: hhm224 (Harry's Sports Cards), chet126 (I think his shop is called Championship Sportscards), amerlegends, davidbvintage, gregmorriscards

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 02-10-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Ben Markham

Thanks for the suggestions - will start to investigate some of those sources.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I've been buying singles off the bay. COMC is too hard to navigate because I look for Ex to NM cards, and most everything there is overpriced and sorted by year and not condition. So you have to look through thousands of cards until you find one to your condition (as far as I can tell). But the main reason I don't shop over there is everything is so high priced.

Also, be careful on the bay. Some of the sellers mentioned here bid on their own items. I was watching 2 of the same card this weekend. One in a BIN, another in an auction by one of the sellers listed here. I went ahead and bought the BIN. Then when the auction ended, I checked it out because it was double the price I paid BIN (for the same card, same condition). The second highest bidder had like 475 bids in the last 6 months with 100% with that seller. So you have to be careful.

I'm going to go check out the bench. I've never heard of that until now and would like to check into it. I look at 4corners or whatever it's called. But everything over there is graded, and I can't afford the graded stuff. But I will check out the bench. Best of luck to you in collecting vintage. I just moved solely into vintage in August and am loving it.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.

Last edited by wdwfan; 02-12-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Ben Markham

I actually use COMC quite a bit, you just have to be patient and focus your search. They just added a filter to show graded/non-graded which helps me with the '56 and earlier stuff I collect. There are a lot of crazy sellers on there, but also a lot of great sellers who accept offers. I also like to ship 100+ cards at a time for $3.99.

The Bench used to have a lot more activity, but there are a lot of good guys/gals over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
I've been buying singles off the bay. COMC is too hard to navigate because I look for Ex to NM cards, and most everything there is overpriced and sorted by year and not condition. So you have to look through thousands of cards until you find one to your condition (as far as I can tell). But the main reason I don't shop over there is everything is so high priced.

Also, be careful on the bay. Some of the sellers mentioned here bid on their own items. I was watching 2 of the same card this weekend. One in a BIN, another in an auction by one of the sellers listed here. I went ahead and bought the BIN. Then when the auction ended, I checked it out because it was double the price I paid BIN (for the same card, same condition). The second highest bidder had like 475 bids in the last 6 months with 100% with that seller. So you have to be careful.

I'm going to go check out the bench. I've never heard of that until now and would like to check into it. I look at 4corners or whatever it's called. But everything over there is graded, and I can't afford the graded stuff. But I will check out the bench. Best of luck to you in collecting vintage. I just moved solely into vintage in August and am loving it.

Last edited by Swipe79; 02-12-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Ben Markham

To follow up - I've also been buying from the Baseball Card Exchange BBCE on eBay as he has a nice inventory and fair prices on most things.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I'm new to the forum and was wondering if others had advice for more vendors to purchase from.

I collect Yankees team sets and have been spending most of my effort and money on pre-1979 stuff lately. I picked up the bug from my dad many years ago and remember him sending off orders to Kit Young through the mail and placing orders over the phone with vendors.

I already know the bigger places - eBay, COMC, Sportlots. I also do a lot of trading/selling/buying on Blowout Cards and The Bench - I saw the BST forum here as well. What other places can you recommend?

There are many outstanding options, but 3 eBay vendors that I have found to be outstanding for clear card photos, accurate representation of condition and fast shipment are:
- Battersbox
- Baseball Card Exchange
- Sirius Sports Auctions

Good Luck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 03:44 AM
Greg C

Default Vintage

I heard Rookie-Parade on ebay has great stuff
Old 02-13-2018, 09:59 AM
Ben Markham

I've ordered from Battersbox and BBCE this week for a few low cost needs I had. Will check out the Sirius Sports Auctions account - thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH1030 View Post
There are many outstanding options, but 3 eBay vendors that I have found to be outstanding for clear card photos, accurate representation of condition and fast shipment are:
- Battersbox
- Baseball Card Exchange
- Sirius Sports Auctions

Good Luck...

Old 02-13-2018, 11:00 AM
Emlily Ell.is

I've bought from Battersbox and Sirius several times and would recommend them. I would stay away from a couple of others. As I said, there's a couple, including 1 listed in this thread, that bids on their own items.

But I'm mainly looking to trade. So I don't buy too much. The only things I've bought recently are a graded Clemente RC, a graded Rose RC and a couple of other cards. So not too much buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH1030 View Post
- Battersbox
- Baseball Card Exchange
- Sirius Sports Auctions

Good Luck...

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Jay T.

www.californiasportscards.com

www.gfg.com
Old 02-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTysver View Post
Over time, I have probably become spoiled in regards to online card shopping as most of the larger ebay sellers now offer front and back images of their cards.... unless I missed it on these two sites, there appear to be only a few stock images of the cards that they are offering.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:16 PM

Default where to buy vintage cards

Very informative thread. I have had good results from battersbox and clean sweep online store. I have been on California card's website but they don't show you the card you want to buy. EBay's shipping prices to Canada is too expensive.
My more recent card buying has been right here at Net54. Great cards, fair prices and reasonable mailing costs. Glad I joined
Old 02-24-2018, 05:02 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

If you're in Canada and you don't like Global Shipping (cause who would), you may want to look at the COMC Mailbox service:
https://www.comc.com/mailbox

For much smaller fees than GSP, you can have a US address to mail your cards to. Then COMC will catalog them, make sure they're the right cards in the right condition, and hold them until you want them to be mailed to Canada. For small lots (under 20 cards) it's cheaper than GSP. Plus, it enables you to buy off eBay which is where the lion's share of cards are.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

The old fashion way Flea Markets and Garage Sales they show up every once in a while

Last edited by rgpete; 02-24-2018 at 01:16 PM.