NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-01-2019, 12:43 AM
Greg C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
equally as funny as the phone call from these 2 dip shits in the middle of the night threatening to write false claims about my business and sue me that I recorded for posterity sake. Nice job guys threatening me on the phone to write false claims and leaving a message calling me chickenshit to talk to you. I can give a shit less about you. you are both idiots trying to threaten me, IN MY OPINION. I won't shut up about this scam. I don't expect you to be involved, but the way you act, you must have something to hide?

I did not say anything about your business other than in my opinion it is stupid.

Chuck, please explain your reasoning for the red highlighted statement
below. Please explain why when I responded to you in a PM with a polite
tone, you chose to respond with vulgarities and accusations. I gave a
sincere effort to try to remedy your recklessness, but you were impossible
all the way through.

I feel your frustration with the current climate. I am trying to do something
positive for the card community. Making untruthful generalizations on a
public forum is damaging. Please refrain from this type of behavior in the
future. Thanks

Originally Posted by lowpopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth
It looks like Blowout has a different opinion.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1309614
LOL...Just another scamming boob out there. Especially funny to see the purple label guy giving them a verbal blow job for their 1000's upon 1000's of trim jobs.

I hope people can see that it's all trimmed and recolored. All of it. Thanks PSA, Nice job.

~
~
~

Hi Chuck,

I did not say anything about triplessscard's listings.
I made a comment on them buying from me. What they choose to do after they buy cards is a different story. Change your comment. It is reckless and incorrect.

- Greg

---------------

after further review, I will edit it somewhat. You still gave him a verbal blowjob so that stands. All you fuckers are in on the gag. I'm sure you gave him a ridiculous purple label after the fact... for your buddy.

Thanks, Chuck

Are you at the national? I would like to
talk face to face. It seems there is some
form of miscommunication here.

Call me 631-885-0495

- GREG
frankly. I wouldn't waste my time going there.

I'll give you ring tomorrow. Take care, Chuck (818) XXX-XXXX

Last edited by lowpopper; 08-01-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:33 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpopper View Post
all the way through.

future. Thanks

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL...Just another scamming boob out there. Especially funny to see the purple label guy giving them a verbal blow job for their 1000's upon 1000's of trim jobs.

I hope people can see that it's all trimmed and recolored. All of it. Thanks PSA, Nice job.

~
~
~

Hi Chuck,

I made a comment on them buying from me. What they choose to do after they buy cards is a different story. Change your comment. It is reckless and incorrect.

- Greg

---------------

after further review, I will edit it somewhat. You still gave him a verbal blowjob so that stands. All you fuckers are in on the gag. I'm sure you gave him a ridiculous purple label after the fact... for your buddy.

Thanks, Chuck

Call me

- GREG

I'll give you ring tomorrow. Take care, Chuck
Why the Fook are you posting private messages and personal info?
Old 08-01-2019, 05:39 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
F*ck me dead! When is this madness going to stop?
On the twelfth of Never.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

The restoration work done on those cards is f*cking incredible - wow! Moser doesn't come even close! If there are card doctors in our hobby who are THIS good ... oh man ... scary sh*t! I'm just going to spend HOURS now examining my cards (LOL!)

I also agree that private messages and phone numbers, etc. should not be posted on here.

By the way, the guys on Blowout Forums are posting Net54 links! HEY GUYS, WHAT'S UP? TIME FOR A MERGER OR WHAT?
Old 08-01-2019, 10:20 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpopper View Post
all the way through.

future. Thanks

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

~
~
~

Hi Chuck,

- Greg

---------------

Thanks, Chuck

Call me 631-885-0495

- GREG

I'll give you ring tomorrow. Take care, Chuck (818) XXX-XXXX
why did you call me in the middle of the night when I said I would call you today first of all? Because you and your partner are dicks. I didn't say shit about your company publicly. You are the ones that said you sold cards to Triplesssinc, not me. Do you sell cards or do you put purple labels on cards?

Why don't you do the hobby a favor and share with everyone what you sold the latest scammer, YOUR CUSTOMER, TRIPPLESSINC? were they in holders, with purple labels? raw or what?

DON'T YOU think it's a CONFLICT OF INTEREST?

2nd of all, It was a private message that "you are in on the gag" it was a joke. But being that you want to take this private message public and call me in the middle of the night, it's your problem dick wad.

I will repeat for the record, I don't have an ax to grind with you or your company, but when your partner says he's going to make false claims against my business, I get a little defensive. I have the recording from our phone call when he states that he will do that. That's something I would never do. If he does besmirch my company it will be a civil matter and you can expect to get sued.

This is a message board governed by opinions. It is my opinion that the purple labels are one of the stupidest things I have ever seen...and your selling cards on top of it..LOLOLO CONFLICT OF INTEREST, LOOK IT UP and leave me the fuck alone cock gobbler. Obviously, I'm not the only one to take issues with what you're doing with the purple labels.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=254339

why don't you call everyone in this thread and threaten them that thinks the same way I do about purple labels. IMHO, they are retarded and I'm sure it will bomb! KABOOOOOM!

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 08-01-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Peter Spaeth

Nothing personal but I think all these high end stickers are a gimmick at best. These, PWCC's, and whatever else is out there. Too much potential for conflict of interest too.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:45 AM

I posted a thread about the card on the CU forums late last night, got a fair amount of comments and as soon as work started this morning in Newport Beach the thread went the way of Keyser Soze.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 200.jpg (16.9 KB, 346 views)
Old 08-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L. View Post
I posted a thread about the card on the CU forums late last night, got a fair amount of comments and as soon as work started this morning in Newport Beach the thread went the way of Keyser Soze.
Meet the new (supposed) boss, same as the old boss. "Civil discourse" at its finest.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-01-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
That's a doozy of return on investment. The owner of that Namath PSA 10 should demand a full refund from PSA.

Anyone else outed on Blowout besides Moser and TripleSSS?

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 08-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItWasAHobby View Post
That's a doozy of return on investment. The owner of that Namath PSA 10 should demand a full refund from PSA.

Anyone else outed on Blowout besides Moser and TripleSSS?
Modern dudes. None of our other friends.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Modern dudes. None of our other friends.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the modern dudes. I'm certain there's more vintage dudes than just these two.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 08-01-2019, 03:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItWasAHobby View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about the modern dudes. I'm certain there's more vintage dudes than just these two.
Uh .... yes indeed. As Robin Williams said (I'll leave out the jive pronunciation), "These and many many more."

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-01-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:09 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Bump; the PSA 10 is for sale on Heritage Auctions right now. C'mon PSA, pull the card and put it in an AUTH ALTERED holder. And scan it for posterity so the Genamint software can theoretically pick it out next time when it gets cracked and resubmitted to your incompetent company.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...309873&page=10
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:24 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
I believe it is owned by mile and Mark Skerbe (twin brothers). They are great guys and are honest as the day is long. They have been around for at least 20 years and are always at the National. You can’t go wrong with them.
Well apparently ya can...might be that you can only go wrong with them.

Amazing how many people get hoodwinked every day in this hobby. Ya think maybe we need to raise the criteria a smidge before we go off giving recommendations? It just has to be based on more than the seller having a card ya needed, no? Maybe not...
Old 07-03-2021, 02:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Well apparently ya can...might be that you can only go wrong with them.

Amazing how many people get hoodwinked every day in this hobby. Ya think maybe we need to raise the criteria a smidge before we go off giving recommendations? It just has to be based on more than the seller having a card ya needed, no? Maybe not...
Now to be fair, it's also based on the seller shipping you the very same card you bought within a reasonable time. And if the shipping cost is reasonable, they get elevated to god-like stature.

PS there is a Blowout thread discussing this very seller and it's not particularly flattering.

Speaking generally, this hobby sure has thrown a lot of heroes up the pop charts (continuing my theme from another thread) who just maybe didn't deserve it.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-03-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Chase

Quote:
Now to be fair, it's also based on the seller shipping you the very same card you bought within a reasonable time. And if the shipping cost is reasonable, they get elevated to god-like stature.

PS there is a Blowout thread discussing this very seller and it's not particularly flattering.

Speaking generally, this hobby sure has thrown a lot of heroes up the pop charts (continuing my theme from another thread) who just maybe didn't deserve it.
Very shortsighted of collectors who are almost a party to the mess we call a hobby.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Andrew Mc.Gann

Slice Slice Slice