NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 07-21-2017, 07:11 AM
Jeff P

Default Net54 footballers at the National. Who's going?

So who's going to the National next week? We should all meet up and put faces with names.

I'm only there Wed - Thurs but would love to meet up at some point with others.

jeff
Old 07-21-2017, 10:51 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I'll be there all week!
Larry
Old 07-21-2017, 10:46 PM

I'll be there, Tues-Friday.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Jeff P

Maybe we meet up for a bite to eat for anyone interested? 11:45 on Thursday in front of the BST Auctions booth? We could walk over to Gibson's and get real food or just hit the food court.

jeff
Old 07-23-2017, 06:02 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Jeff I'll be there table numbers 412 & 414 at 11:45 Thursday. Probably would want to stay inside the venue. Heck my hotel has a free breakfast and I might not even want to eat anything but it will be great to finally meet. In 2015 I was hanging around at the agreed upon meeting place, but we still didn't connect LOL!

Larry
Old 07-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Jeff P

Larry and I met up at 11:45 today and had a great chat. Where are the rest of the Net54 footballers?

jeff
Old 07-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Mike M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Larry and I met up at 11:45 today and had a great chat. Where are the rest of the Net54 footballers?

jeff
Stuck at home wishing we were at the national. Maybe next year I can get some time off and go, but in the meantime I'll keep checking for updates from those enjoying it. Would love to see some football eye candy if you have time to post.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:58 AM
Jeff P

Sorry to hear, Mike. Next year in Cleveland?

Here's some eye candy for ya from the National.

Original 1953 Bowman card artwork

Admiral Rams is a tough CA regional set

Bernie Masterson who's also in the Chicle set. Last 1936 Diamond Matchbook I needed to complete the set!

Early Football All-Pro and Pro Wrestler Gus Sonnenberg

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 07-29-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:43 PM
Mike M.

Those are all really cool, thanks for sharing. Yes, next year in Cleveland is looking likely for me. hopefully I can meet up with a few of you then and come home with a few great items. Hope you are enjoying the show.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Back home after five days at the National, was great to meet up with Jeff again for a few minutes! My hotel offered free breakfast, so I wasn't ready to eat again Jeff LOL.

I did get some football pickups at the National, but the main cards I was seeking out were over priced. I was trying to complete my 1952 Bowman Small as I need just two cards #16 Frank Gifford RC, and #48 George Halas RC. Of course I saw both cards, but they were over priced and priced above what I can get them on eBay for. I was also looking for the few remaining 1963 Fleer cards I need, but no luck there either.

I did purchase a few of the 1961 Nu Cards for my set. I also picked up some of the Topps inserts from the '60s, the 1960 Team Emblem stickers, and also 1961 Topps flocked stickers. Also picked up some of the 1968 Topps stand-ups for my set (most punched out since I don't care LOL).

Pictured are some of the Topps football bucks I picked up for my set, also some of the 1975 Topps checklist cards. If I remember correctly, these checklist cards were only available directly from Topps, and they sent them to you in uncut sheet format. I already have one of the uncut sheets, and found a bunch of the single cards in a .10c box. I bought all there were in the dime box, and it turns out there was a full set on the cards (26 cards but no header card) plus 23 duplicates.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Sorry I missed it. Just couldn't motivate to go with most of the good stuff going to auction nowadays. Had planned on possibly setting up, but tables were sold out early and I rarely commit until springtime. Hope it was good. I did have a friend pick up a golf item for me. He bought a nice Pitt Panthers football pitcher and mug set that was really nice.