NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Grading Companies

I have never used one - only bought cards already slabbed.

Thing im gonna get a few of my raw cards graded

Anyone have a preferance - PSA, BVG, SGC

Price wise & greater value to the card wise
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Jason Stricker

There are a number of threads that discuss the pros and cons of each grading company along with people's preference. I recommend doing a quick search.

For me, SGC is my favorite. I like the look and feel of the case, feel they do the best overall job and they're easy to work with. I collect mostly pre-war cards and I feel SGC is the most consistent with grading those. I think post-war up until 1980, SGC graded cards look the best as well. Post-1980, I actually prefer PSA.

If you're looking to make money off of cards, PSA graded cards tend to yield a slightly higher closing price. However, I've heard horror stories of how long their turnaround can be. Beckett is respected and the toughest on grading. However, their cases are thick and not liked by many. Their case is also the hardest to crack open, which makes counterfeiting less of a problem with BVG graded cards. On the flip side, PSA cases are the easiest to open, which unfortunately, allows for more counterfeiting.

Last edited by t206blogcom; 11-28-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

One factor for my decision is the location of the TPG. I used to send cards to PSA, but transit time for registered mail shipping (both directions) was very slow cross country.

Most of the cards I sen in are valued at $250 or less, so I'll wait for a nice SGC monthly special... My last one resulted in total grading cost per card (including shipping/insurance) of under $8.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
I have never used one - only bought cards already slabbed.

Thing im gonna get a few of my raw cards graded

Anyone have a preferance - PSA, BVG, SGC

Price wise & greater value to the card wise
PSA holds better value, but SGC is the one to go with for pre-war, it is the most preferred and depending on the cards you submit, just overall look better
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Psa

I disagree with the above I gaurantee across all of prewar PSA has more collectors. i do agree however on obscure issues, esoteric items, and type cards SGC does sometimes bring better money. As for better holders BS, they scratch and crack much easier, pop open a lot cleaner,most of the time, and have by far the worst looking labels in the business, and there oversized holders are even worse.

Last edited by glynparson; 11-29-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

thanks for all the feed back fellas, keep it comming if anyone has more to say - it is helping in my choice!
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.