NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Chris

Default Ebay Hindu

What is up with this card? I thought the price was strong; was this because it is believed to be printer's scrap or some other printing oddity?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 06-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Especially compared to this graded example, which didn't find a buyer

http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-Barney-Pelt...item3f0aabdb61
Old 06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well

Since these are mostly being bought for the backs I would have taken the first one too, given the back was nicer and the price was about the same...
Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default I asked the same question

I had a conversation about this with another board member wondering if it was scrap due to the oversize and bottom cut. He didn't think it was scrap and wasn't surprised at the final price.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 PM
D.B. Cooper

I was the seller. It isn't a scrap. It is quite large, though I'm not sure if that effected the final price. I'd noticed another low condition Hindu ( PSA 1 Liebhardt) had just sold for $350 on Ebay, so the time seemed right to list it. Same buyer for both cards. He asked about the history of the card (I assume he meant the provenance and not the history of the set) after winning it, which makes me wonder now that I see that other Hindu Pelty if he may have wondered if they were the same card, which obviously they aren't.

http://imageevent.com/boboinnes/obaks

Last edited by Anthony S.; 06-29-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Hindu pricing (or costs) are just sort of strange

I've been watching the prices asked for vs. the price people are willing to pay for Hindu backed T206s.

Now, I know the prices listed on the site are horribly off base, especially for the more rare backed cards, but lets use t206.org as a starting point for expected prices....

The ungraded Pelty, listed as fair, is thought to have a value of $112. That Pelty sold for $393 or 350% of the value listed on t206.org

The PSA 1 Liehardt is guessed to have a value of $80 and sold for $356.91 or 446% of the listed value.

A Fritz SGC 40 had a start bid of $599.99, which is 363% of the t206.org value, didn't have any bidders.

A PSA 4 Hindu Jones with a Hindu back, thought to be worth $200 on t206.org, didn't have any takers at a BIN of $550, or 275% of value.

Like I said, I know the values on t206.org are not current. It would be impossible for Trae to keep up with everything that goes on on eBay and other auctions, but just using those ideas of value compared to what the cards actually sell for at times just doesn't make sense....
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM

Default t206 pelty hindu

hello all!!

great thread Chris!!Anthony, congrats on the price of the hindy pelty, sorry io haven't sent you scans yet of my cards, just been busy but i will, it was a better back as Leon said....i was a bidder and i liked it because of the oversize, but i didn't win it, you guys are absolutely right, i don't even have to see in person to differentiate the card....Erick, you and chris were on the same wave length.....here's the deal...

Since it is near impossible to find a decent dramatic scrap/error, i have shifted my focus to the "rarer" backed t206(need something to fill my compulsive behavoirLOL) .....i have tracked these backs for the last 12 years or so, at least, and have actually experienced their "rarity" in relative terms.....i have passed a ton, i mean literally a ton of the rarer backed t206 like the rest of us, and would regularly pass hindys at $50 and $60 buck, bl @ 80 or so and you all feel my pain and now hind sight is 20/20, i should've picked up at least a few....i had a feeling hindys would blow up one day, because they are a real cool back, just aesthetically pleasing, but i am truly a carolina b kind of guy(Brian , i have tried to back off of these because i knew you collected them)....i wish i had picked up just a small percentage of what i passed up...but looking back i don't regret it as much as i love my freak collection which all my resources went to is far more unique and rarer, not to toot my own horn, and some of my cards are truly one of one's or one of 2 in existence..

the hindu backs are a little inflated to me personally....they should be on average in good condition a $200 card, a little closer to trae....i just picked up one of my first hindu a few weeks ago at that price, and i felt comfortable....

BROADLEAF 350-WAY OVERRATED!! i'm sorry, shoot me, i don't have one yet, not imo worth 1k what they are brining, and i feel there are some bl freaks out there blowing these prices out, and a few are attacking this back(not as rare as the 1k justification for me).....

rarity is a relative term my opinion on t206 back scarcity, which i have re-thought recently............(notice no cobb back)

1) brown lenox(doesn't excite me as much as a brown om tho because brown om is truly printer's scrap)

2) brown om(imo shouldn't be on this list, truly not a production card inserted)

3) bl 460 hands down should be 2 or third if removing brown om

4) Uzit(knocking drum out of it's slot due to the drum find)

5) Drum (there u are)

6) blank back(as stated before, should really not be on the list due to it being a pre-production card

7) Red hindu

8) Lenox

9) Carolina B

10) ab 460

11) bl 350

12) piedy 42

13) hindu brown

14) cycle 460

15) sov 460

16) ab no frame 350

17) sweet cap 350-460 fact 25

18) tolstoi

19) epdg

20) ab 350 frame

this is my vote and observations over the years of the top 20 on the t206 back rarity and scarcity.....prices lately are not reflective of their true "scarcity"....this is just my opinion, and please no one kill me

i am not a back collector per se, but i am interested in t206 scarcity....and like i said am focusing more on these backs.....talking with other back collectors over time, their are some true pros here on this subject = Jim r, Brian W, Wonka, jamie b, jamie h, Art m., Dan m, Jantz , Trae, Martin n,Johnny d, scott r, Larry h, hank l, mike h, david r, Tim, Erick s, Ted(yes i forgive you if u behave Leon of course there are just so many i can't list all the back experts, and please forgive me i have not listed more those are just a few...

So, hindu brown prices, broadleaf 350 prices are just out of their league in price in regards to scarcity in this given market IMO....

Peace

Johnny v
Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Ron Rice

Default Winning bidder?

The stats on the winning bidder were weird: 83 bid retractions in the last 6 months.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
D.B. Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridwell View Post
The stats on the winning bidder were weird: 83 bid retractions in the last 6 months.
The winning bidder was: dough1225

http://imageevent.com/boboinnes/obaks

Last edited by Anthony S.; 06-30-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:06 AM

FYI, from my conversations with Jim R and Wonka, the brown Old Mill is about twice as tough as brown Lenox.
JimB
Old 06-30-2011, 04:02 AM

Default t206 brown om vs brown lenox

I might be wrong, but i think there are approx 12 or 13 brown om known to exist, yet the amount of brown lenox is 7 or 8 examples known....