NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Default 500 home run ball feedback please

Hello this is the same person who's selling the Joe D ball from my previous post, however I have more concerns on this piece than the Joe SS Ball.
Harmon and Frank "R" looks off to me, but maybe it's a earlier signture or I may be just wrong. Collector/Seller didnt get the ball in person and Love to get some feedback before I proceed

Thank you again for your help!

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eddie.jpg (36.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg frank .jpg (71.6 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg mick.jpg (31.3 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg mantle .jpg (72.4 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (73.7 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg close up .jpg (32.3 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by Oldsaybrook21; 12-03-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 AM

Nope! Several bad forgeries on this ball. Killebrew and Frank Robinson, both easy to obtain autographs, are brutal, BTW.

My suggestion is to wait for another ball, FWIW.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-03-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Scott

I don't like it. the F Robby is awful, don't like the Reggie much either. Banks. eh too and the rest ..no need to bother. IMO, a ball like that w even one bad one isn't any good.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Get a bat and have a game......
Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Yea I concur with the rest, that Robinson is bad, I also don't like the Schmidt. If one of the sigs on there is real, the other fakes make it garbage in my own opinion.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 AM

Default JimStinson

NOPE...Like the glass of urine analogy, if you have a glass of clean cold water and you put one drop of urine in it its a glass of p*ss.

And to add to that being the paranoid that I am if the same seller had that ball as the Joe D. ball it would force me to backtrack and rethink the Joe D.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
NOPE...Like the glass of urine analogy, if you have a glass of clean cold water and you put one drop of urine in it its a glass of p*ss.

And to add to that being the paranoid that I am if the same seller had that ball as the Joe D. ball it would force me to backtrack and rethink the Joe D.
I agree with Jim that rethinking would be a good idea on the Joe D (even though it looks real good to me). Whether you want it or not, I highly recommend having the seller either lower the price because you aren't comfortable without certification, or a some sort of return where if it fails you can get your money back. Just asking that question can give you an idea if he is trying to scam or not. If he gets very upset or iffy about doing that, best to stay away.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM

Default "500 hr cert"

Thank you for everyone’s feedback, I didn’t have a good feeling about this ball at all.

Here’s the “cert” of the ball, no name of the players, etc all all! very vague cert.

Does anyone know who A&S sports are, I Googled them & they are out FL.....Sad what's out there....

Who is A&S?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cert photo.jpg (38.1 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Oldsaybrook21; 12-03-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsaybrook21 View Post
Thank you for everyone’s feedback, I didn’t have a good feeling about this ball at all.

Here’s the “cert” of the ball, no name of the players, etc all all! very vague cert.

Does anyone know who A&S sports are, I Googled them & they are out FL.....Sad what's out there....

Who is A&S?
Most COA from FL = bad = forgery = not real = waste of money
Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Not one signature on the ball is real. They are all bad fakes.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 AM

Default JimStinson

Not that this is related in any way BUT...Without going into too much details , When the "Operation Bullpen" thing broke I was asked to examine some of their "work" in fact alot of their work.

And something I noticed is the Mickey Mantle's, Joe DiMaggio's and Ted Williams were all executed pretty darn good.

It was on the multi signed 500 HR items that they seemed to have the most trouble with ESPECIALLY Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew & Reggie Jackson.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Not that this is related in any way BUT...Without going into too much details , When the "Operation Bullpen" thing broke I was asked to examine some of their "work" in fact alot of their work.

And something I noticed is the Mickey Mantle's, Joe DiMaggio's and Ted Williams were all executed pretty darn good.

It was on the multi signed 500 HR items that they seemed to have the most trouble with ESPECIALLY Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew & Reggie Jackson.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:

Last year I posted a No-Hit King ball I had my suspicions about. The Ryan and Koufax were relatively deceptive, but the Feller was much less deceptive.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Sometimes the signatures that are forged -- hence practiced -- less often are the most obvious weak links.

Last year I posted a No-Hit King ball I had my suspicions about. The Ryan and Koufax were relatively deceptive, but the Feller was much less deceptive.
Steve,
I recall that post very well. That's an excellent observation and analogy.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Jim M.arinari

Default These are better

in some ways
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0455.jpg (77.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0456.jpg (54.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0458.jpg (42.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0459.jpg (66.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0460.jpg (51.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Come on!! It's got an LOA from a generic-sounding "company" with zero contact info and a signature nobody can read. How bad can it be??

Ken