NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 PM

Default Newbie about Leland's

Newbie wants to know if Leland's are great authenticators. I assume they are. Whadayathink. Humor me

Last edited by dogmechanic; 06-27-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Wayne Walker

They certanily have a strong reputation and seem pretty damn good in baseball to me, though I have only scrutized a handful of their baseball autos. The recent post about faked Rocky Marciano letters mentions that they had sold several of those in the past.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all

Last edited by mighty bombjack; 06-27-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Belltown Vintage

If I were buying autographs blindly;i.e-I wanted an autograph but had no personal ability to tell what was real or otherwise, I would go to Lelands over ANY other major auction house.

Leland's stands behind their autographs. Last year I bought an autograph from them for around $1,500 - it has no COA from anyone, and I'm thrilled with it. But I do my own research in advance, and I felt certain about the autograph, irregardless of Leland's opinion.

Edited to add: I only mentioned the price to indicate that it was a big purchase, so a good example as a response to the OP - for me it was HUGE

Last edited by Runscott; 11-30-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 PM

Default I hope so

Yes

Last edited by nckmartin; 06-27-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

I've noticed some autographs in the current auction that look a little off. Cant say they are for sure fake though.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

I have also seen some questionable autographs in Lelands, but fewer than the other AH's that have TPA's backing their autographs. The Lelands formula has been working fairly well. The real benefit to the buyer is that Lelands is doing their own authentication, so if you have a disagreement, it's with Lelands as opposed to JSA or PSA/DNA via the AH. It removes a layer.

I have never had a complaint with Lelands, but when I had a problem with a PSA/DNA authenticated forgery, the AH backed PSA/DNA and I was SOL. That's an AH I will never again buy an autograph through. I don't think they realize how badly they screwed themselves by saying "PSA says it's good, so go away". I guarantee you that the lost business through word of mouth, far outweighed what it would have cost them to have simply taken care of the problem.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:57 AM

As a person who bought a bad signature from Lelands, I just want to say I couldn't have been happier with the way they handled the situation and was completely satisfied when all was said and done. Great auction house that I would do business with any day. They stood behind their guarantees and couldn't have been nicer when I raised a question about the authenticity of an item I purchased.

Last edited by packs; 06-28-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Richard Simon

Mike and Josh know more about autographs than anyone at PSA or JSA would ever know.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 PM

Thanks for all the GREAT replies.They have an outstanding reputation. They seem like good people to deal with
Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 AM

I agree that Leland's is the best of the best. I bought a Hoyt Wilhelm signed 1952 Topps from them via an eBay auction last year. The description was wrong in that it stated there was no paper loss on the reverse when there actually was quite a bit. I wasn't disappointed enough to want to return the card, but I did feel like the bidding went higher based on the inaccurate description. They asked me what would make it right and I requested a refund of $200 (of a $1200 purchase price). Without hesitation they agreed. Not many sellers would have acted in that manner. I'm now a loyal customer and always recommend them.

Jason