NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Michael

Default Jake Atz

I have a Jake Atz autograph cut (may have tape residue). From his managerial days. I have never seen any other of his autographs. Since he appears on a T206 does that raise the value of the cut? and is there a way I can look up the autograph population? Any idea of the value?
Old 09-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Sean Brennan

I have found out a couple things recently in regards to this.
First, yes having a t206 player autograph makes it a little more desireable. However, after a certain price range, only unless there is a collector out there DYING to get it, the value doesn't seem to be much there after $200 unless it was someone who died before 1930 and/or a hall of famer.
My reasoning behind this came from this Dick Egan signed payroll check I had.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/1915718306...EOISSA:US:1123

Egan died in 1947 and is probably at about the same rarity level as Atz. Now it being on a Reds payroll check should put it at more value then something just signed on a piece of paper or non baseball related document.
I started it at $199 and literally got one bid much to my surprise. Of course this could just be a fluke or bad timing.
There has been two John Titus autographs on ebay at highish prices (495 and 795 I think) and have been there awhile. Up til last year Titus was so tough even SABR didnt have an example of him for their deadball stars books. This year somehow 4 popped up. My guess is that the value on Titus has dropped dramatically even though his t206 is (or atleast was) pretty popular.
So my assumption would be, based on what I have seen this year, that a nice Atz autographed would go for between 200-400 depending on who is out there needing one badly. I have a few equally tough Cubs commons I am looking for but if they popped up now Imnot sure Id go much over 200 for them.
This is all just an opinion but hope it helps

Last edited by milkit1; 09-05-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Jeff P0tter

Agree with Sean completely on this one (and I am the guy with the Titus autographs if anyone is interested in trading t206 autographs for one, I have only sold one, I think for $550 in REA). Depending on what it looks like, somewhere in the $200-$400 range more than likely. If someone has been waiting to check that off their list, maybe towards the higher end but auction is probably not the best venue because they may not see it. Almost best to list it and wait for offers.