NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Bob Lemke

Default Mantle (2) and Rose custom Jell-O boxes

P6300212.jpg

I've just finished my latest custom card project, a trio of 1963 Jell-O boxes.

1963 Jell-O boxes horiz..jpg
The details of the Mantle "reprint" box will be posted on my blog tomorrow; the "new" Mantle and the Pete Rose on Friday.

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards

Last edited by Bob Lemke; 07-01-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:31 PM
$teve O.

They look great Bob!
Old 07-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Al Richter

Default Customs

Bob---I would have preferred different Jello flavors, but the cards are great
Old 07-08-2015, 09:18 PM

Bob, I love your custom cards, but I really wish the Jello Mantle cards had some type of notation that they were not originals. If someone cut the Mantle off your box, it would be easy to misrepresent it as original, since the real 1963 Mantle has the same number 15.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Kirk View Post
Bob, I love your custom cards, but I really wish the Jello Mantle cards had some type of notation that they were not originals. If someone cut the Mantle off your box, it would be easy to misrepresent it as original, since the real 1963 Mantle has the same number 15.
Troy, I do see where you're coming from; however I for one do not want anything to mar that lovely creation's appearance. Still, Bob employs a cardboard that is stiff, strong, and has an off-white backside, which as you would surmise is vastly different than cereal box cardboard.

Let's be honest---there's only so much you can do to make such creations stupid-proof for someone who is, to be kind, gullible and looking for something he thinks is worth a fortune, but will only pay a few bucks for anyway so he can brag to anyone who'd listen to him crow that he got this unknown, rare, vintage Mantle for ten bucks, and now wants to surrender it, or sacrifice it, or be now willing to part with it for "only" ten thousand dollars.

You're right, some people would believe it's the real deal. Then again, some types believe we never went to the moon, the Holocaust never actually occurred, Elvis is still alive and well somewhere, and so on, and so on, ...

Trust me, very few people will actually buy one of Bob Lemke's gorgeous baseball or football card creations. I am one of those few, and am proud to own them, and will display certain ones beside the few originals I have. My family knows they are fantasy cards; anyone I show them to and asks will be told precisely what they are.

Now, if I could only somehow convince dear Bob to create, with all his creative might:

1933 DeLong Babe Ruth using that fabulous studio pose from 1920

1933 DeLong Dizzy Dean in a nice horizontal format

1960 Post Cereal Bobby Hull and Roger Maris

1961 Topps last series card of a missing number ---a beautiful horizontal pose of Roger Maris, Bob Cerv, and Mickey Mantle (the three pals from the central midwest who shared a home together that year) There's a color shot on eBay from time to time that would be perfect, as long as you can come up with a good succinct title. "M'n M Boys & Cerv", "Bombers Away"

Their radiant smiles in that photo would melt any Yankee lover, and cause even the most ardent Yankee hater to choke!

Just dreamin' again. ---Brian Powell
Old 07-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Bob Lemke

Thanks, Brian,

As I mentioned, there are some very subtle differences in the typography on my Jell-O cards, and as you mentioned, the cardboard stock is quite distinct from original Post-Jell-O.

1960 Post box backs would be easy to do . . . perhaps too easy. Much of the pleasure I take in making my customs is the process, challenging my computer skills t replicate one of the classic formats.

I've got some elements set aside to work a couple of 1930s formats, but time is tight and something always pushes to the head of the to-do list.

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards
Old 07-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Ben North

That Mantle Jello box is amazing Bob. I sent you an email about buying 2.