NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Default "Baseball as America"

Posted By: Glenn

Has anybody had a chance to see this traveling exhibit yet? It just arrived in my town (Houston) today where it will be on display at our Museum of Fine Arts through the summer. I believe it was last in St. Louis. There was a nice write-up of it in The Houston Chronicle, and I'm looking forward to dragging my wife to it. It includes a T206 Honus Wagner, which is great because a) it keeps my post on-topic and b) I've never seen one in person before. It also includes a pair of Shoeless Joe's shoes (oddly enough), a Ruth game-used bat from the 60 homer season, and "The Doubleday Ball," reportedly the first artifact ever displayed at the Hall of Fame, plenty of interesting items from the Negro Leagues and the All-American Girls Professional League, and, on the post-war front, a Jackie Robinson jersey, Berra's mitt and a ball both from Larsen's perfect game, and a Maris-used bat from 1961.

Old 05-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Old 05-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Funny you should ask, Julie. It's going to Oakland in September.

http://www.baseballasamerica.org/schedule.htm

Old 05-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...in NYC and in D.C. It is great. I highly recommend it. I would note that if you are planning on a trip to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, that you will be missing a number of key exhibits -- they are on this road trip.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glen V

I went when it was in LA. Great exhibit. A fantastic opportunity to get a taste of the Baseball Hall of Fame for all of us who have never made it to Cooperstown. There are a few cards displayed besides the Wagner, plus an awesome Buchner poster.

PS - The Wagner looks like the name was touched up. Maybe you can get a good look at the lettering and see if you agree.

Old 05-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Julie (& others), When it comes to the Oakland Museum in September, there will be an additional, albeit condensed, display of California baseball artifacts in an adjoining gallery running concurrent. The annual PCL ballplayer reunion which usually occurs in August, has been moved to September 24 in order to coincide with the display(s). I'm confidant that the Oakland Museum will do a great job with the exhibit.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Just saw the exhibit, and I definitely recommend it to all the folks in the Bay area. I think the "WAG" in Wagner has clearly been re-touched.