NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Default PSA, CLUELESS AS USUAL!

Posted By: Dan Mckee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2765578417&category=16269

How these mistakes happen are beyond me, THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Old 11-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Williams

Maybe this seller works for PSA as well...or maybe he/she had the same English teacher as the grader????

Have a gud night all!

Old 11-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Ward

Vanna, Can I buy an I please? I guess It is kinda close. I think it may be a mass production error. Thousands send to PSA because they obtain higher $$$, PSA is overwelmed.

Old 11-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mckee

That is why I chose to mail to them, but it cost me $6000.00

Old 11-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

that caused me to buy a PSA 5 T205 Moran Stray Line of Type when there was not any stray line of type despite the label. The funny thing is since then I have seen THREE T205 Morans with no stray line which are holdered in "Stray Line of Type" holders.
On this 48 Leaf you've got to love the fact that Hermanski "spelled incorrectly" on the holder and the speller lists is as "WORNG" spelling and in his 2 line ad says, "envolope ... insuance ... responcable
God, you've got to love this hobby!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

Why don't you do a leon and post your entire POGS collection here? This card is crap pal!

Old 11-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan

What? who cares that the card is crap, a company providing a professional service should treat each item and each CUSTOMER the same. There should be some quality control. If the card was truely missing the "I", it would be far from crap.

Old 11-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Administrator

and the "Q" as well bub.

PSA should do as follows. Give preferred treatment to those spending more money on submittals. Send in 43,000 cards and they will take good care of you Dan!

Old 11-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

I find it a good post Dan, Thanks, Its another completely stupid error by a completely stupid grading company (at least some employees are, and quality control is nonexistant). This is one of the worst label mistakes by PSA Ive ever seen, it makes it look like a $1,850 card instead of the common $75 card. Brian do you have 50 of the '48 Leaf "Hermansk" errors stashed away too???? Frank

Old 11-14-2003, 05:01 PM
Administrator

I only have four of them! But leon has about 9 and can post giant scns for you if you ask him to! But if there is anything else of notoriety you may be looking forlet me know.I have a bunch of stuff I am selling right now to finance a new children's bedroom. And just so you know,Dan and I are pretty good Buds!

Old 11-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony Nex

This card is one of the last two I needed for the set (other than the color variations that Dan keeps dangling in front of me) and it was listed almost every other week last year, probably 10-12 times. It finally sold for Hermansk money (instead of the much lower Hermanski price) to who I presume is the current owner. I thought for sure he'd send it in for buyback, but as evidenced by the Ty Cobb with Ty Cobb back debacle from a few months back, that policy may not be in place in all cases. Wonder how long it took the owner to realize he grossly overpaid for a typo.

Old 11-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Insincerity is the quality I most covet in a seller. Let me take a wild and crazy stab. If the label instead said ‘1991 Donruss Norm Charlton,” he would have noted the discrepancy.

Old 11-14-2003, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Please quit being fixated on me. You give me the creeps when you do that. I hardly ever mention all of the collections you've almost bought ... take care buddy

Old 11-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Just like I told you today on the phone,the exaggeration BS is something you ride on with everyone.I have endless e-mails from other gossips about it and you going on about it as we have discussed unfortuneately several times before! I have no fixation on you other than you need to pretend to be a peace maker and yet think what you say may not have an adverse effect on other's feelings and responses. If you do not like it,stop flapping your jaw. Care to go on with it here? Bombs away! My typing guns will be loaded and ready with all ammo necessary to validate my point. pretending to be elete means nothing to me. You create problems with your being historical over and over again. You antagonize others to think a certain way and then wash your hands of it.I am on a roll today so go for it

Old 11-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I guess the Ringling Bros. clown college relocated from FL to CA.

Old 11-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Administrator

for people in the legal field that collect Dildos!
Do a search for the calander of events so you don't miss the things that interest you most!

Old 11-16-2003, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan

Anthony, "buy back"???? I tried to get a buy back on the T205 Graham Rustlers that was slabbed Cubs. PSA took it and reslabbed it for me to the proper common version and then told me to have a nice XMAS.They corrected a mistake they made, I got NOTHING! More customer service at its best! Where was Peter "good guy" Ma? Probably sitting back laughing at me. Look, that is the fool we just beat $6K out of, let's fix our problem and abuse him once again!