NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Bill Boyd

Default 2nd Kreindler event, raffle, TODAY!

Game#1: NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE GAME.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH
1pm EST
TAMPA BAY vs WASHINGTON

Search All NYTimes.com
New York Times
Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pro Football
World
U.S.
N.Y. / Region
Business
Technology
Science
Health
Sports Baseball
Pro Football
College Football
Pro Basketball
College Basketball
Hockey
Soccer
Golf
Tennis
Global Sports

Scoreboard | Stats | Standings | Teams | Players | Player News | Injuries | Transactions

Final 1 2 3 4 Tot
Tampa Bay 10 3 7 7 27
Washington 0 7 0 0 7

1:00 PM ET, November 16, 2014
FedEx Field, Landover, Maryland Weather: 45°, Cloudy Attendance: 77,442

WINNING NUMBER 442 TBREW20 THE WINNER

We will use the above games, in order, Game 1, through Game 3, to determine a winner. The first game is our primary game to determine the winner of the Graig Kreindler Painting. We will be using the last three numbers of the attendance figure, as posted in the NY times, box score, for Game #1, which will give us the winning number. Any other figure from any other news or sports media, will not be valid.

If the winning three digit number from game one falls onto one of the voided numbers and thus not providing a winning number, then and only then will game two become our new primary game to determine the winner, using Game 2's attendance figures, also from the New York Times box score of game 2.

Same rules apply for game two as was for game one.

If game 2 also falls on a voided number, game 3 will then and only then, become the new primary game to determine the winner. All rules apply to game three as did for game one and two.

Again it has been our pleasure to be able to accomplish this event. Now, you can start thumbing through those photos, scanning hundreds of online images, and pick a favorite

Good luck to EVERYBODY.

Graig,, Lance,, Bill

Last edited by billyb; 11-24-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

I just wanted to thank all of you good people for making this raffle a reality. It really meant a lot to me that you guys were passionate enough about my artwork to even want to be involved, but that towards the end, you gave the event such a big push. It says a lot about all of you and how you feel about what I do. I really couldn't feel more blessed for that. Thank you.

Now that the raffle has moved onto the next phase, I'm super stoked to be able to offer a larger painting than the last one. Certainly, a 16" x 20" is a GREAT size to work on. But the possibilities of a 20" x 28" surface (or thereabouts) are even more exciting. I feel like John picked a real winner with that Hank Aaron image so many months back, so I hope that some of you fellas already have some great ideas to try and match its quality.

In the end, it makes me so happy that I'm able to give you guys the opportunity to own something that you'll (hopefully) cherish. I know it might sound trite at this point because I say it often, but the sentiment is still genuine: Know that it's really because of you all that everyday I'm able to do something that I love. I couldn't be more grateful.

And once again, I have to thank Bill and Lance for their efforts in putting this thing together and steering the good ship, and also Leon (Hi Leon!) for allowing such silliness to occur on the message boards for the past few weeks. Well, silliness in regards to the raffle, that is.

If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to PM either myself, Lance or Bill, or just post 'em here on the thread. Heck, even if you have any thoughts on images that you want to post to see if they would work well as your choice, feel free to.

Hopefully we'll have a winner by Sunday night!

Thanks again, everybody.

Graig
Old 11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Bill Boyd

Just curious, how many of you, if you win, will be going pre WWII, or after WWII. And if you don't mind sharing, who would you go with?

Me, probably pre WW!!, and if I can find the one I like, me being a Tiger fan, Greenberg and Gehringer together. I also seen one with Greenberg and Ruth, still have to decide which one.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:33 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

For me, it's no surprise. Gehrig, Gehrig, and more Gehrig.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 11-14-2014, 04:44 PM

I'm guessing attendance at the Tampa - Washington game will be 00,000 -- who wants to see those teams play?!

Greg
Old 11-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Bill Boyd

Greg,

I know, we are hoping it does not sell out. We tried to pick teams with the lowest attendance averages. Sell outs would be too consistent of numbers for each home game. Washington has the second worst percentage in the league. Plus, didn't think too many fans would travel from Tampa to Washington for the game.
That way, no telling what numbers will come out. Would be more then 0000 though, a few of the players mothers will show.

Bill
Old 11-14-2014, 05:49 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Would be more then 0000 though, a few of the players mothers will show.

Bill
Good one Bill
Old 11-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Totally forgot about the mothers Bill!

Greg
Old 11-14-2014, 06:27 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Hey. I hope only the mothers show. If all 22 moms come, that's my number! WooHoo.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 11-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Danny Smith

But the Redskins have sold out every game since the sixties and have a thirty year wait list for season tickets?! Strange considering I sold my $100 face season tickets 20 rows off the field for $30 bucks each.

Thanks Dan Snyder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
I'm guessing attendance at the Tampa - Washington game will be 00,000 -- who wants to see those teams play?!

Greg
Old 11-15-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Just curious, how many of you, if you win, will be going pre WWII, or after WWII. And if you don't mind sharing, who would you go with?

Me, probably pre WW!!, and if I can find the one I like, me being a Tiger fan, Greenberg and Gehringer together. I also seen one with Greenberg and Ruth, still have to decide which one.
Bill,
Since you are a Greenberg fan, here is a photo of my father as a child with Hank Greenberg and Nick Altrock at Briggs Stadium circa 1938. Enjoy!

My choice for this painting would be post-WWII and it would be Nolan Ryan.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:09 AM
P.hil €lli$

Default Speaker ?

I talked to Graig 2 years ago about possibly doing a Tris Speaker painting for me. I had the funds set aside, but life happens and I had to use them for something else. Graig was kind enough to email me some photos of Speaker that he thought would work great.

Being a Boston fan, I was looking for an image of Speaker where you can clearly see the word "Boston" on the front of his uniform.

My favorite player growing up was Carl Yastrzemski, but I don't think I would do a painting of him. I also thought about a painting of Babe Ruth while he was with Boston, but that has been done a hundred times.

I think the greatest thing about Graig's work is how he takes a black and white photograph and brings it to life in full color. It is amazing. Therefore, I don't think I would do a post WWII photo, since you already know the coloring of the image.

This is the one I think I would choose if I am lucky enough to win.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speaker.jpg (10.7 KB, 236 views)
Old 11-15-2014, 09:27 AM

It's worth the price of admission just to sit for a few days and think what player/image you'd pick if you end up winning. Right now I'm thinking maybe.. Hack Wilson, Kennessaw Mountain Landis, Connie Mack, or Al Kaline.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:40 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

I think I'd go for this Walsh/Joss image

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 11-15-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Bill Boyd

Ted,
I think you just want Graig to paint all that fencing in the background.

Scott,
What a great picture of your father to cherish. Priceless to you I am sure.

Bill

Last edited by billyb; 11-15-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Bill Boyd

GoTigers,

I too have been considering Kaline. There are a lot of good ones of him. Here is one I would consider.
But Ruth is always on my mind. Him in uniform with kids, but usually there are too many kids in the photos. But there is one, done by VanOeyen that would look better in color, then in the below black and white.

Attachment 167943

Ruth with kids.jpg

Last edited by billyb; 05-28-2015 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Brian Horne

Two options for me If I win-
The painting might be a gift for my dad. I would be asking him about his favorite players/images but keeping it a surprise until it is finished. I actually have no idea who he would pick but would guess someone from the 50s/60s.

Personally I would probably pick a football picture if that was allowed Maybe Barry Sanders running...
Old 11-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Bill Boyd

Brian,
Graig has done some football paintings already and they have come out spectacular.

Hey all, we are only about 21 hours away from the end of this raffle. I really at looking forward to who, what and when kind of choices the new winner is going to come up with.
Oh, I forgot to mention, if we don't have a winner after the third game, I get to keep it................................LOL.

Last edited by billyb; 11-15-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:33 PM

This will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speaker with bats.jpg (24.6 KB, 196 views)
Old 11-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Bill Boyd

You people are too quiet. Let me kick this off (pun) by saying.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Last edited by billyb; 11-16-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:05 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I have never been more interested in a Tampa Bay-Washington game in my life! LOL

So when does the NY Times come out with their box scores anyway? Will this attendance information be taken from their online version or are we waiting for the print version to appear? Just curious!

Last edited by whitehse; 11-16-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Bill Boyd

Andrew,

Usually, immediately after the game, the box score is posted in the online sports section. The box score will show the attendance. At the end of the game, I expect to see the box score about one to two minutes later.

Bill
Old 11-16-2014, 12:23 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I was wondering if we had to wait until the actual paper was published. Knowing we just have to wait until the online box score is posted ramps up the anticipation.

I know a painting done by Graig would be the centerpiece of my collection and one that would be passed down through my family. I wish everyone luck and, if I am not the winner....congrats to the person who does win it.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Bill Boyd

Anyone watching the game. I am not getting it, so if someone can post when it gets down to last 5 min. to let me know.

Bill
Old 11-16-2014, 01:33 PM
Jer.em.ey

Well said And.rew.

If I were to win it would be my centerpiece as well (currently occupied by one of Graig's paint studies, Old Hoss). Good luck to all!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:41 PM

Just caught it on Red Zone -- 8:37 left. I managed to count the people in the stands, and it looks like I'm the winner.

Greg
Old 11-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Bill Boyd

You missed the woman in the third row, her son went to get popcorn...............lol
Old 11-16-2014, 01:48 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Ditto on the centerpiece comments. If I win though, my heirs ain't gettin' squat, cause I'm gonna be buried with it. Just gotta make sure my coffin is at least 20 inches wide inside...
Old 11-16-2014, 01:49 PM
ErikV

Default Attendance

While this isn't official, the Redskins just tweeted todays attendance:

Old 11-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Bill Boyd

They must be working on the box score, as final is not lit up yet. But I keep refreshing, soon I hope.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default official count

is tomorrow's paper right? Could there be a difference between the online and printed attendance?
Old 11-16-2014, 02:10 PM
Bill Boyd

Lance, do you see any attendance figure?
Old 11-16-2014, 02:12 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Not yet. Still refreshing. I've never timed them to see how long it takes to post after the game ends.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Bill Boyd

I did not either, I looked at yesterdays college games and games from last week and the attendance was there, so I guess we just have to be patient.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:16 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

http://nytimes.stats.com/fb/boxscore...home=28&vis=27

Missed it by 2! Congrats, T20Brew!
Old 11-16-2014, 02:16 PM
ErikV

Default Official Attendance Posted

Here it is:

http://nytimes.stats.com/fb/boxscore...6028&meta=true
Old 11-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Bill Boyd

It may just take a little time, I see that Miami has their attendance posted.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Bill Boyd

Congratulations Tbrew20, you are the, or soon to be, the new owner of a great art piece.

Way to go

Brew sounds good right now
Old 11-16-2014, 02:41 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Can't wait to see what you pick

Congrats

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 11-16-2014, 03:12 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Can't wait to see what you pick

Congrats
+1.... Congrats.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Bill Boyd

Should I give Tbrew20 a certain time to claim his prize? Eric, you better hurry, or we may re raffle it off...................lol
Old 11-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Er1cPr0chn0w

Default Wow!

I'll certainly claim that prize!
I have a huge smile on my face after getting PM's from a few board members alerting me that I had won.
If I wasn't at work I certainly would be celebrating with a brew.

Thank you for putting this on. This is certainly something that I've wanted since I first noticed the "On the easel" thread. Graig's work is outstanding and I can't wait to get his work hanging on my wall.

Now I just have to figure out what to have for the subject.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T20Brew View Post
I have a huge smile on my face after getting PM's from a few board members alerting me that I had won.

Thank you for putting this on. This is certainly something that I've wanted since I first noticed the "On the easel" thread. Graig's work is outstanding and I can't wait to get his work hanging on my wall.

Congrats Eric! I'm happy for you.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Congrats Eric, to say that I am a little bit jealous would be an understatement.

Jeff
Old 11-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Chris Wood

Yes, congrats! You are a lucky so and so!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T20Brew View Post

Congrats - this will be awesome!

Cheers,
Blair
Old 11-18-2014, 01:26 AM
Bill Boyd

Eric,

The place to get help with decisions, or to at least narrow the field of choices, is right here on Net54. Start your own thread, we are all eager to hear your thoughts and favorites.
Again, congratulations, and enjoy the ride.

Bill
Old 11-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Er1cPr0chn0w

I just started a new thread for some help on picking a subject for my Kreindler painting. I hope to have a lot of people chime in. I'm amazed at some of the pictures that are shown on here. There seems to be a lot of baseball detectives on here.

Eric