NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Dave Grob

Default April Pick Ups

Did not see where a thread was started for April, so here goes. A couple of pitchers who had some luck at the plate. On July 3rd, 1966 Tony Cloninger hit two grand slams in the same game (against the Giants at Candlestick Park). On June 23rd 1971, Phillies pitcher Rick Wise hit two home runs in the same game…Oh yea…Wise threw a no hitter against the Cincinnati Reds that same day at Riverfront Stadium as well.

Dave Grob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.jpg (76.1 KB, 324 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 PM
M@++ Cyganik

I've been collecting programs and scorecards over the last year after being out of the sports hobby for a long while... definitely on a very modest budget but wanted to follow Dave's lead.

Coincidentally enough today I picked up Earl Wilson's June 26, 1962 no-hitter scorecard against the Angels. Really beautifully scored. Like Rick Wise, Wilson was one of 4 pitchers who also hit a HR during his no-hitter. He's also the first African-American pitcher to throw a no-hitter in the American League.

For good measure I added a Jim Bunning July 20, 1958 no-hitter scorecard that I found several weeks ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan 2.jpg (11.6 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 3.jpg (18.0 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 4.jpg (10.3 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg Scan 5.jpg (11.9 KB, 292 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 11:54 PM
Jay Cee

Mixture of schedules
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7509.jpg (75.5 KB, 286 views)

Last edited by BeanTown; 04-28-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:32 AM

I'm not sure exactly what this is. It has around 45 pages. It says 1922 official base ball rules inside the cover. Along with covering the rules it talks about the world series in 1921 and how Babe Ruth was a let down only hitting.118
It also talks about the up and coming season as well as showing images of some of the teams that use their jerseys and players who may use their gloves.
I found the history of the company. Is this a trade catalog?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2018, 05:50 AM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCyganik View Post
I've been collecting programs and scorecards over the last year after being out of the sports hobby for a long while... definitely on a very modest budget but wanted to follow Dave's lead.

Coincidentally enough today I picked up Earl Wilson's June 26, 1962 no-hitter scorecard against the Angels. Really beautifully scored. Like Rick Wise, Wilson was one of 4 pitchers who also hit a HR during his no-hitter. He's also the first African-American pitcher to throw a no-hitter in the American League.

For good measure I added a Jim Bunning July 20, 1958 no-hitter scorecard that I found several weeks ago.

Nice pick ups.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:33 AM
Guy Bourque

Picked up this full ticket from the Montreal Expos first home opener , which is also the first major league game played outside the United States.

IMG_0772 by Guy Bourque, on Flickr
Old 04-28-2018, 10:56 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Talk about buried treasure!!!

I purchased the three photos below as part of a group of type 1 female athlete photos from an auction house. I purchased the lot most especially for the Babe Didrickson with Burleigh Grimes photo at the end of this post...plus there are a few of Didrickson at the olympics that are really cool. The auction lot description said there were 9 photos but that only 5 were pictured, so I figured that whatever else was there would be gravy.

Some gravy!!!

I might be the only person in the world who would value these images, so I don't blame the auction house for not including them in the description or the lot image. But these are so incredibly right up my alley for my women in baseball collection!! Plus they hit home a bit because my daughter is a catcher (softball, though I don't hold that against her..much...).

The three images below are of Rita Briggs playing for her high school's baseball team in 1945. Upon graduation, Briggs would join the AAGPBL and play there through the final year of its existence. Briggs would compile nearly 2,500 at bats in the AAGPBL as a good field no hit catcher. The softball field at her high school (where she played baseball) is now renamed in her honor.

Last edited by btcarfagno; 04-28-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:28 AM

Great pics, Tom. Treasure indeed. Congrats. They were meant to be in your collection.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:15 PM
J.O.N

1918 Allegheny Steel Baseball Team.

Approximately 8x10 photo

From what I have found this team beat Honus Wagner and the Pirates during a barnstorming tour. Many of these guys likely played in the majors. Just noticed that it says Wilbur Cooper on the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PM box might be full.

Email:
jcfowler6@zoominternet.net

Want list:
Prewar Pirates items
1909 Pirates
BF2 Wagner
Cracker Jack Wagner and Clarke

Love the hobby.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:07 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grob View Post
Did not see where a thread was started for April, so here goes. A couple of pitchers who had some luck at the plate. On July 3rd, 1966 Tony Cloninger hit two grand slams in the same game (against the Giants at Candlestick Park). On June 23rd 1971, Phillies pitcher Rick Wise hit two home runs in the same game…Oh yea…Wise threw a no hitter against the Cincinnati Reds that same day at Riverfront Stadium as well.

Dave Grob
We Giants fans know all about the Cloniger game.