NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM

Default Venezuelan League Stickers

eBay card link

How much do these usually go for? Are they in SMR price guide?
I remember a few years ago a Pete Rose Venezuelan Sticker sold for a couple hundred bucks. If I recall these are tough to find in good condition because most of them have glue residue on the back of them.

Last edited by dessertstormveteran; 06-29-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: link
Old 06-29-2011, 02:55 PM

There are a couple dozen sitting in BIN that will never sell.

Commons sell for a few bucks, Hall of Famers more.

Not many people put this set together, almost always lower grade.

http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/i.....c0.m270.l1313
Old 06-29-2011, 02:59 PM

david thank you for the link. wow i remember seeing a reggie jackson 77 selling for $650 back in 2008. do you remember the pete rose sale a few years ago?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM

what do you think the munson will go for? i've seen the yankee stickers go for big $$$ in the past via auction
Old 06-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Howard Chasser

Default All over the place

Fact: The Topps Venezuelan cards/stickers are incredibly difficult and survive in only fractions of a percentage compared to regular topps issues.

Fact: Many people don't know or care

The exceptions are usually the player collectors - most of whom know just how crazy tough these are and drive prices high sometimes (imo - not usually unwarranted given their scarcity). The 77's are not as tough as many other years to find however are MUCH more difficult to find in any kind of decent condition. The fact that the Munson is a PSA 1 will help you. I will offer a range as a best guess - I think the Munson could sell as low as $50 and as high as $350. I think a realistic price for it should be in the $75-$125 range. Hope that helps and good luck.

-Howard
Old 06-29-2011, 07:16 PM

Howard, thank you for your advice on price. Greatly appreciated!

I know the set is a tough one condition wise...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 AM

The last two Rod Carews went for $20 and $14 raw. I picked mine graded PSA 1MK up for something like $20 a couple years back which was the opening bid. It had been up several times for auction previously starting at like $200 and gradually worked down. It really depends on how many people go after it. I have several different Venezuelan Carews and the '77 is the one I most commonly see. https://www.gfg.com/venezuela/ven77.shtml has one listed at $160, but their prices are way overinflated.

The back looks intact on the Munson which you don't see very often.

Last edited by FireGardy; 06-30-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM

I just did some research and it looks like the Munson Venezuelan Sticker has quite some interest.....8 watchers currently on eBay and it still has a few days left to bid.

http://screencast.com/t/TjX5JnKrz4B

WatchCount Website Link

Watchcount.com shows you how many watchers are on certain auctions and what the highest and lowest auctions are based on interest (watch count).

If anyone wants to verify they can go to watchcount.com, search keyword "thurman munson".

Last edited by dessertstormveteran; 06-30-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: links
Old 06-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertstormveteran View Post
I just did some research and it looks like the Munson Venezuelan Sticker has quite some interest.....8 watchers currently on eBay and it still has a few days left to bid.

http://screencast.com/t/TjX5JnKrz4B

WatchCount Website Link

Watchcount.com shows you how many watchers are on certain auctions and what the highest and lowest auctions are based on interest (watch count).

If anyone wants to verify they can go to watchcount.com, search keyword "thurman munson".

I'm watching it but have no interest in buying it for more than $5
As others said a Munson collector who wants it for his collection is about the
only person who will bid, that being said, I'm sure there are lots of Munson collectors.

If you want it, you better start bidding, this guy might pull the auction, he says he'll end it early for the right price.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:43 PM

I think most people would be willing to put down at least $5 for this beauty.

Lets see how the bidding goes, I sent the seller a message.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:21 PM

Is there a 68 Venezuelan Sticker set out there too? Someone send me a PM that they have Nolan Ryan RC Venezuelan for sale.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 PM

The '68's look exactly like the normal 68 Topps except the back is more orange and the copyright line on the bottom is white not black. They are cards not stickers.

backs for comparison

Last edited by FireGardy; 07-01-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Josh Alpert

The 1977 Venezuelan Stickers are part of a much larger set, the US look-a-likes comprise only 54 consecutively numbered cards of the set (including the Jackson puzzle, but not the Parker puzzle), and I'm nearly certain they were unlicensed.

The cards themselves are not that tough to find, but they almost universally show evidence of having been glued into the album, more so than any other main-stream Venezuela issue from the 1960's.

Any card from this set graded PSA 3 or better is extremely rare because it implies there is no evidence of glue, assuming PSA didn't screw up. Finding these cards with no glue on the back is bordering on impossible. I've been building the 54 card subset for years, I've got them all, but managed to find only 32 of them with clean backs. There is virtually no chance I'll ever find all of the remaining 22 with clean backs.

That Munson card on eBay in the PSA 1 holder - it's worth about $25. That card is particularly beat up - often times, you can find examples with glue that look between EX - NM from the front without all the creasing. It also shows evidence of glue too, although looks like someone did some work to get the paper off - you can see the whiter splotches along the upper border on the back - that's where the card is typically glued.

Last edited by a761506; 07-02-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 PM

A few people sent me a private message on here thanking me for posting the Thurman Munson link because they have been waiting for one to pop up for sale on eBay. Two guys have near complete sets and said the Thurman will bring about $75-$100 a @ auction.....you never see Yankee players up for sale that often.

Last edited by dessertstormveteran; 07-02-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-05-2011, 01:02 AM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

A few Venezuelan Stickers of notable players:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg venezeula1.jpg (75.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Venezuela2.jpg (75.1 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by NewEnglandBaseBallist; 07-05-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Default From a player collector's perspective

These cards are always amongst the toughest for player collectors. I've been collecting George Brett cards for over 15 years and I just recently obtained a Brett. I had never seen on in person prior to that and had only ever seen one for sale on-line. I had seen pictures of 3 others, not for sale. None of the 5 I've seen in 15 years had a clean back, including the one I just purchased.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertstormveteran View Post
A few people sent me a private message on here thanking me for posting the Thurman Munson link because they have been waiting for one to pop up for sale on eBay. Two guys have near complete sets and said the Thurman will bring about $75-$100 a @ auction.....you never see Yankee players up for sale that often.
$46

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Tags
league stickers, thurman munson, venezuelan