NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-24-2024, 12:07 AM
Greg Mitchell

Default Incredible PWCC prices tonight on t206

all Polar Bear and Old Mill, mainly dozens of PSA 5 and 6 commons and dozens of HOFers ranging from PSA 2 to PSA 6. Totally out of this world, even for lesser HOFers like Bresnahan and Clarke and the the most common of commons--Kaiser Wilhelm's biggest day since the namesake was ruling! The Old Mills were not even SLs. Not sure what was going on unless it was two guys both trying to start, not finish, sets.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:57 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Get ready for re listing !! Vault Time Baby
Old 01-24-2024, 08:55 AM

Too bad we have to log in to look at the sold prices. I'm not curious enough to sign up.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:29 PM

Default Maybe

Steve Evans decided to broaden his collection to go with all the Steve Evans he paid up for?

I wonder if two persons sniping software went above and beyond what they intended to "win" the auction?(Not sure how they work, so pure speculation, but I seem to lose a lot of ebay auctions by one bid right at the end.) These prices do look kinda nutso to me (but in fairness I know the low grade common back stuff much better) -

Lajoie port OM PSA 4 $26,100
Matty port OM PSA 2 $19,500
Bresnahan Port OM PSA 6 $7500
Willis Port OM PSA 6 $5640
Cicotte OM PSA4 $2760
Hunky Shaw PB 6 $2520
Tinker OM PSA2 $2460

Time to sell mid to high grade OM & PB while these comps are out there!
Old 01-24-2024, 01:11 PM

Print Group 1 Old Mill's are some of the most difficult combo's in the set.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:51 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Sold prices don't mean actually sold. Especially when auctioned by a ring well known for dishonest results. Maybe they transacted at these prices. Maybe they didn't.
Old 01-24-2024, 02:05 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Sold prices don't mean actually sold. Especially when auctioned by a ring well known for dishonest results. Maybe they transacted at these prices. Maybe they didn't.
Fanatics now owns PWCC.

Brent and PWCC parted ways about six months ago.

To which well known ring are you referring?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 01-24-2024, 02:11 PM

Default Print Group 1 Old Mills

So here's a post on here with links to other posts about how these Old Mills are tougher - so maybe the combo of Print Group 1/ Old Mill/ and Higher Grade make these prices reasonable?? Not to me personally, but to somebody.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=2137484
Old 01-24-2024, 02:20 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Fanatics now owns PWCC.

Considering you wanted an apology for having a card question answered with a factually correct list, I doubt you are seeking any kind of answer or examination about the issue and this is your third or fourth personal thing the last week or two.
Old 01-24-2024, 02:40 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Fanatics now owns PWCC.

I have asked the exact same thing before without an answer after he previously called them "a ring well known for dishonest results".

Quote:
Considering you wanted an apology for having a card question answered with a factually correct list, I doubt you are seeking any kind of answer or examination about the issue and this is your third or fourth personal thing the last week or two.
Wouldn't an answer have been shorter?
Old 01-24-2024, 02:49 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I have asked the exact same thing before without an answer after he previously called them "a ring well known for dishonest results".

Wouldn't an answer have been shorter?
It's about the same length to observe a change in ownership does not make something a completely new thing, erase their track record, and immediately clean things up. I wouldn't assume honest or dishonest sales. A whole lot of sales in the hobby are not real sales - do we really want to argue otherwise? Wait, that was multiple sentences and longer now...

I was not aware the objective of each post was for people to post as few words as possible!
Old 01-24-2024, 02:50 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
It was a question. If you don't want to answer it, I understand. But yes, I was seeking an answer. This hobby has a seemingly endless string of scandals. I figured there was a new PWCC story and I had missed it.

I have no idea about the "third or fourth personal thing" to which you're referring. I really don't care, though. Take whatever you wish from people's posts, rightly or wrongly. That's on you, not me.

It seems to me that you and I simply aren't going to get along. These things happen. It's a shame, too. You seem like a fairly intelligent person with quite a bit of hobby knowledge.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 01-24-2024, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L. View Post
Print Group 1 Old Mill's are some of the most difficult combo's in the set.
This.

I was hoping to add a few to my White Sox master set, but was only able to come away with one (F. Jones portrait).
Old 01-24-2024, 04:11 PM

The link provided above drills down to the following, from 2019:

https://www.thatt206life.com/2019/03...th-rare-backs/

“There are 31 Portraits in the T206 set that feature a Hall of Famer. 23 of them were printed in the 150-350 Series. The rarest backs that were printed in the 150-350 Series are Old Mill and Brown Hindu.”

Most if not all of the cards listed above are portraits. I’ve never seen a Lajoie in that combo. The Mathewson combo has sold for a big premium in past auctions as well - very few of them.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:56 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

It was shocking to see some of the prices common players sold for. Old Mills aside, the Polar Bear prices were unreal. $400+ not including the 20%. I had 23 bids in & won zip. Kind of glad I didn't over pay.

This auction was the last of the T206 off & rare backs though. PWCC probably can't & won't be able to keep up that pace.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:25 PM
Greg Mitchell

yes, my original point was more the super high prices for the OM and PB commons, not HOFers
Old 01-24-2024, 06:50 PM
Luke Lyon

Yeah the print group 1 "commons" are extremely tough. They sell so rarely there's not usually a thread like this to talk about them, but with this auction, none were going to fall through the cracks.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:02 PM
Derek Granger

I’m surprised people still even peruse the PWCC auctions. Maybe it’s just me, but those four letters used together make me vomit a little in my mouth every time.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 01-24-2024, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
I’m surprised people still even peruse the PWCC auctions. Maybe it’s just me, but those four letters used together make me vomit a little in my mouth every time.
For a short period of time between them getting kicked off EBay and through their first few auctions was a great time to get some legit deals in an otherwise insanely juiced market.

I picked up some stuff that would be considered good deals even before this recent crazy price spike era.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:45 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Stuff trumps all.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-24-2024, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Stuff trumps all.
As a purposeful outsider, I've met some wonderful and absolutely sketchy people in this hobby since the early 1980s. I've been purposely lied to and ripped off as both a kid and adult. I've been gifted cards and knowledge without due cost as a kid and adult.

There's a give and take in this hobby because of the money that flows through it and we all lay our purity tests where we choose.

I still like the hobby and get more good out of it than bad. The bad tends to pop up and surprise rather than run in streaks.

I've made reasonable and safe purchases from "bad guys" in the hobby and sold other "bad guys" my cards.

It's technically not ethical, but I've learned to be very transactional with this hobby.

I try my best to be truthful to people I deal with on my end of any transaction and listen to others who want to tell me things about what I'm holding (everything from I'm pricing it too low to get another opinion on possible alteration).
Old 01-25-2024, 06:32 AM

When legitimate auction houses eventually sell the same card that PWCC sold at some point in history, I haven’t noticed any below market prices on those cards. If anything they typically sell for more. Has anyone noticed something different?
Old 01-25-2024, 01:08 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

My initial reaction to "PWCC" is

But I recognize that the brand has been sold to an entirely different company, so i will just have to learn to readjust my read on things PWCC. Hopefully, fanatics turns the brand around. Looks like they have a good start on it.

I am never surprised at the price of a rare card in a popular set, unless it is a really low price. T206 is ubiquitous but it is one of those issues that so many people collect seriously in so many ways (brand, series, player, etc.) that rarity really brings out the money no matter what else is going on.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-25-2024, 02:23 PM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
I'm not.

I have learned over the years even if the devil had a t206 and it was priced fairly, someone would buy it from him.
Old 01-25-2024, 02:32 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post
I'm not.

I have learned over the years even if the devil had a t206 and it was priced fairly, someone would buy it from him.
LOL, not just one but a big line would form. They would also have no problem asking the Devil to cancel the prior sale price/bid and offer a slightly higher price to sell it to them.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-25-2024 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Pwcc

Since their change of ownership I am willing to give them a chance, especially with some newer folks on their team. I haven't yet, but most likely will in the future.
The person I know over there isn't going to let fraud go on, knowingly.

As for the T206 prices, they are crazy but, we have seen this happen before. Wait until any of those winners try to sell or trade at those values. I think they might be disappointed.

Last edited by Leon; 01-26-2024 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:14 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Since their change of ownership I am willing to give them a chance, especially with some newer folks on their team. I haven't yet, but most likely will in the future.
The person I know over there isn't going to let fraud go on, knowingly.

As for the T206 prices, they are crazy but, we have seen this happen before. Wait until any of those winners try to sell or trade at those values. I think they might be disappointed.

Wait till they sell agreed they will be disappointed
Old 01-27-2024, 09:29 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post
I'm not.

More likely result would be the devil losing his T206 in a fiddle contest with Johnny.