NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-22-2024, 01:27 PM
Jay Shumsky

Default Emails from Rick Probstein

I may have bought 1 or 2 cards from Rick Probstein on eBay in the past but nothing in several years. About a week ago, I started receiving emails from him about his auctions. Prior to these, I had never received any from him so it seems like something new he is sending out. Is anyone else receiving these emails?
Old 01-22-2024, 02:01 PM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

I am.

Over the past 20+ years I have won 7 of his ebay auctions (the most recent one in August of last year), so it's not like I'm his #1 customer. I've never had any issues with him and I always get my orders promptly, but then I'm only 20 miles away.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkandp View Post
I am.

Over the past 20+ years I have won 7 of his ebay auctions (the most recent one in August of last year), so it's not like I'm his #1 customer. I've never had any issues with him and I always get my orders promptly, but then I'm only 20 miles away.
My response is about the same as Kevin's, but I don't live 20 miles away from Rick and I do not try to play golf in temperatures I'd regard as "artic" conditions.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:42 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I get invites from ebay everytime Rick goes live now.

Rick seems to be husting big time to get those shiny cracked ice refractors sold.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I get invites from ebay everytime Rick goes live now.

Rick seems to be husting big time to get those shiny cracked ice refractors sold.
Maybe he's on to something... sell, sell, sell...

Too bad it wasn't nice vintage that was being pedaled.

sellsellsell.jpg
Old 01-22-2024, 08:06 PM

Not a lot of FCOJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Maybe he's on to something... sell, sell, sell...

Too bad it wasn't nice vintage that was being pedaled.
Old 01-22-2024, 08:55 PM
Brian
Bri@n Abra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo Aullando View Post
Not a lot of FCOJ.
The Duke's are trying to corner the market!
Old 01-23-2024, 04:38 AM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
...and I do not try to play golf in temperatures I'd regard as "artic" conditions...
Spoken like a dyed-in-the-wool Californian.

So, Fred, what would you consider "artic" [sic] conditions? Temperatures below 65 degrees? GIRLY MAN!
Old 01-23-2024, 04:43 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I may have bought 1 or 2 cards from Rick Probstein on eBay in the past but nothing in several years. About a week ago, I started receiving emails from him about his auctions. Prior to these, I had never received any from him so it seems like something new he is sending out. Is anyone else receiving these emails?
Like you, I have purchased a very few cards sold by Probstein on eBay over the years...nothing recently. A couple of weeks ago out of the clear blue I started receiving 2 emails a day, every day, promoting Probstein's "high end" slabbed (mostly shiny modern) cards for sale on eBay. The emails also all include a video where Rick talks about issues like fake cards being stabbed by TPGs, etc.

I never signed up for any email subscription from Probstein, and I can only assume he was able to somehow glean my email address from eBay, or it was shared or sold to him by another hobby entity I have done business with. At this rate I am on track to receive at least 730 obnoxious emails from Rick Probstein this year. Yay me!
Old 01-23-2024, 04:47 AM

It takes less effort to mark those emails as spam and/or send an unsubscribe request than it does to continue to post about this here. Spam emails are annoying, but should be easily solved.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:39 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
It takes less effort to mark those emails as spam and/or send an unsubscribe request than it does to continue to post about this here. Spam emails are annoying, but should be easily solved.
Where’s the fun in that??!!!

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 01-23-2024, 08:12 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Where’s the fun in that??!!!
LOL, +1

I don't believe I have ever bought from Rick. So luckily I don't get the emails.
Old 01-23-2024, 08:21 PM
Fred

Quote:
yeah, like the other guys are saying... where's the fun in that.

Kevin, yes, I'm a girly dude when it comes to cold weather. I guess the nice part about playing in the snow is that the beer stays cold without those can wraps.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:57 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Quote:
The OP asked, "Is anyone else receiving these emails?" I merely responded with my experience to let him know he was not the only one. My intent was not to "continue to post about this here," nor would I have ever started a thread about this issue myself.

I get multiple spam emails everyday that get past my spam filter. I take the time to "mark as spam" on every one of them, and it does absolutely nothing from what I can see...I still get the same emails from the same senders afterwards. Also, security experts advise never to click on the unsubscribe link in a spam email, as it only serves to confirm your email address to the spammers and scammers. (Likely not such a big concern in this case, as it appears these emails are indeed coming from Probstein, but who knows.)
Old 01-24-2024, 01:00 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

It general griping wasn't permitted this board will be a very slow place. Like most Internet anything.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:13 PM
James

He does sell great-cheap Christmas presents for my 11 year old nephew. Got a really nice Aaron Judge Jersey piece in a card for like 10 bucks. Real- swapped out or not -nephew loves it
Old 01-26-2024, 06:27 PM
Dale Walton
Dale Wal.ton

I am getting the emails. Sometimes I spend some time looking at them; sometimes I don't take much time.

I have bought from and consigned with Rick quite a bit, but not in a while. Never had any significant problems. His operation is not as good as others in terms of notifying consignors when a consignment is received, when the items will be posted, but maybe that has changed.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:10 PM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

Quote:
Originally Posted by taul166 View Post
I am getting the emails. Sometimes I spend some time looking at them; sometimes I don't take much time.

I have bought from and consigned with Rick quite a bit, but not in a while. Never had any significant problems. His operation is not as good as others in terms of notifying consignors when a consignment is received, when the items will be posted, but maybe that has changed.
I always get an email the day they are received and the day they are listed. Three separate listings in the last month. So maybe they are getting better? Anyways , no problems for me thus far, w/ overall breakeven returns across the board or slightly better.
Successful transactions: sycks22, charlietheextervminator, Scocs, Thromdog, trdcrdkid, mybuddyinc, troutbum97, Natedog, Kingcobb, usernamealreadytaken, t206fanatic, asoriano, rsdill2, hatchetman325, cobbcobb13, dbfirstman, Blunder19, Scott L. ,Eggoman, ncinin, vintagewhitesox, aloondilana, btcarfagno, ZiggerZagger, blametony, shammus, Kris19, brewing, rootsearcher60, Pat R , sportscardpete , Leon , OriolesHOF , Gobucsmagic74, Pilot172000, Chesbro41, scmavl,t206kid,3-2-count,GoldenAge50s
Old 01-29-2024, 04:35 PM
James Gallo

I got notice that my package was received today. This is my first time working with him so giving it a try with mostly new stuff.

James G
Old 01-29-2024, 04:57 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

He blocked me from bidding years ago and never would give a reason...very irritating!

As I've stated many times...just not lately:

Probstein is DEAD to me.

I'm happy not being on his email list...

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 01-29-2024 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:07 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
It general griping wasn't permitted this board will be a very slow place. Like most Internet anything.
are you complaining about all the complaining???
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-29-2024, 08:56 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
are you complaining about all the complaining???
Only if you are complaining about complaining. If so, then I am complaining.