NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Any Thoughts (Allen & Ginter Tobacco Poster)

Posted By: hockey jim

Has anyone seen one of these before? Or any evidence it is not real? Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4120&item=6147797157&rd=1>

[edited to add descriptive title]

Old 01-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Allen & Ginter certainly issued dozens of posters, one for each of their card sets. I recently sold a baseball one, and have seen many from various sets. But the one on ebay is in such perfect condition that it makes me a little suspicious. You might want to make sure it is original and not a reprint. If it's original, it's really in great shape and worth some money.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Administrator

That's the tough part. If it is a reprint you're never going to get a straight answer from the seller and then you have to go through the whole ordeal of trying to get your money back.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

If you don't get a straight answer, don't bid.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: FatBoy

I used to own this poster.

When I sold it 2003, I used the same description (I didn't use the grandfather said stuff when I sold it) and pictures (Yes, I took these pictures personally).

This is the second time a scammer has tried selling this poster using the same pictures and description (someone tried last year). I emailed the current owner (yes, he still owns it) and he told me he saw it come on last night.

At least its not a private auction. I'll keep an eye on it and warn anyone that bids.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to email me. keith

Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Unbelievable!!!
Thanks for your help. Seems like you can't trust anyone new on Ebay.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Bizarre description. The poster pictures cards that were never issued, yet his father had seen several of the cards (all blank back, he says). The poster is even rarer than the never-issued, non-existent cards because his father had never seen the poster. Yet the poster comes from his father's collection. Things that make your head spin.

If I understand the previous posts correctly, the seller doesn't even have a cheap copy. He has nothing, and the buyer will get nothing. Unbelievable.

Old 01-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Terry

FYI - I emailed the seller to ask if he would do escrow. He stated he needs a bank wire to his bank in Spain. Supposedly he has antique shops in different countris. I am not going anywhere near the banner, but I would like to buy one..

Terry

Old 01-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Well,

One of three things happened:

1. He stopped the auction do to pressure from people.
2. He sold it off line.
3. Ebay shut it down.

None the less, it's gone for now. On a side note, it's nice to see a post from Terry! Is that Jr or Sr? JC