NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Default JSA sticker affixed to loa instead of autographed item?

Out of curiosity... Has anyone ever seen the JSA sticker attached to the full loa letter instead of the baseball? Is this common practice or is it a red flag?

Sorry if this is a novice question... I collect cards primarily but checking out a few autographed baseballs for display.

Thanks!

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default JSA sticker affixed to loa instead of autographed item?

Yes, if the LOA has a scan of the item, like a Ruth ball for example, no need to worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 06-17-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Mike Kaminski

Becoming much more common now as no one wants a sticker ruining their item
Old 06-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Steve Zarelli

Correct, if you request that they NOT place the sticker on the item, they place it on the letter.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Dan

That's how they did mine on a Monkees 45 cover signed by Davy, Mickey, and Peter. I actually called them about it because I was concerned that the sticker wasn't on the sleeve.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thank goodness JSA is listening to collectors who don't want their rare and valuable items partially ruined with the !@#$%^ stickers. I hate them......and have had more than 1 of those darned things on the front of an item.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thank goodness JSA is listening to collectors who don't want their rare and valuable items partially ruined with the !@#$%^ stickers. I hate them......and have had more than 1 of those darned things on the front of an item.
Me too!! Now if I'm looking for an item and I see the sticker on the front, I almost immediately eliminate it from consideration and keep looking. Why do they want to ruin valuable items with their sticker????

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 PM

You can spot bogus LOAs because they don't have the sticker affixed to them. Always check the LOA and make sure it has a sticker. I've seen a few fakes in my searches.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:53 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
Me too!! Now if I'm looking for an item and I see the sticker on the front, I almost immediately eliminate it from consideration and keep looking. Why do they want to ruin valuable items with their sticker????
^^^Yeah that^^^^
Old 06-19-2014, 04:35 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
You can spot bogus LOAs because they don't have the sticker affixed to them. Always check the LOA and make sure it has a sticker. I've seen a few fakes in my searches.
This is not necessarily accurate. If the sticker has been placed on the item, the LOA will not have a sticker.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:39 AM

Well yeah but I meant if an item doesn't have a sticker and the LOA doesn't have a sticker, it is a bogus LOA. The poster asked about items with stickers on the LOA but not the item.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Well yeah but I meant if an item doesn't have a sticker and the LOA doesn't have a sticker, it is a bogus LOA. The poster asked about items with stickers on the LOA but not the item.

That's not always true either. Some people end up taking the sticker off the item for whatever reason (aesthetic or otherwise), and thus they'll have a letter with no sticker and an item with no sticker.

Not meaning to "bust your balls" over a technicality, just didn't want "newbies" to believe a blanket rule that is not accurate.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 AM

Fear not, my balls are fine. I can't account for every situation but all things being equal an item without a sticker with an LOA without a sticker would raise a major red flag for me.

Last edited by packs; 06-20-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Belltown Vintage

Glad this subject came up - I have two footballs with hologram stickers and small NFL card COA's with no photos. Good to know there is a collector-accepted protocol for taking care of this issue.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:39 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
Some people end up taking the sticker off the item for whatever reason (aesthetic or otherwise), and thus they'll have a letter with no sticker and an item with no sticker.
Aren't the stickers designed to be self-destructive if there's an attempt to remove them?
Old 06-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
Aren't the stickers designed to be self-destructive if there's an attempt to remove them?
Yes. They can be removed, but they break apart. So in all likelihood, you will be removing a number of fragments with tweezers.