NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
D@rek H.ogue

Default Clean Sweep ... are they for real?

I am curious about something.

Last night I paid good money to win a piece from their auction. I have been trying to get them on the phone all day. I have tried two different numbers, and they simply ring ... over, and over, and over. Is there a third number that only the advanced collectors are privy to?

Every auction house I have ever dealt with would either pick up the phone, or call back within a reasonable timeframe. It just seems that the day after one of your auctions, on a weekday no less, there should be someone, ANYONE, to pick up the phone to answer any questions a client may have.

What I am wondering is whether or not any of my fellow board members have had these same issues with this particular auction house? Is this typically how they conduct business, or is this something out of the ordinary?

Thus far, I am very disappointed by all of this, and I do not feel this is an appropriate way to conduct business.

D.erek Hogue
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Andrew

While I can not explain the phone calls going unanswered, I would not worry. There have been many positive transactions I have had with them.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
D@rek H.ogue

Thanks man. That is encouraging. It is not so much that I think I am going to get screwed, I just feel there is a major disconnect as far customer service is concerned, at least in this one particular instance.

I will try them back again later.

Thank You.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM
PeterB

I have been buying from them for many years with no problem. I know after an auction they are crazy. I would say thier customer service needs improvement, but they are a legit company and you will get you auction item.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
D@rek H.ogue

Thank you. They have two phone numbers listed on their web page. By any chance, are you aware of a different line to call?

Thank You.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

They are fine, probably sleeping
Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
James Wymer

Derek I am a live auctioneer myself and the post that says sleeping is on the money. They probably have hundreds of calls after the auction like how do I pay, when will I get my item, I was trying to bid but could not do I have to register, and so on. I am not saying this is the ideal way to deal with customers, but try to understand their side some. They are a very reputable firm.
Always accepting quality consignments

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 01-31-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I've had positive transactions with Clean Sweep also. I think they are probably sleeping also. Usually after conducting an auction that goes well into the night or early morning, the auctioneers often need to get rest the next day.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Belltown Vintage

I contacted them successfully twice yesterday - very friendly, very helpful. I've had other transactions with them the last year or so that were all great.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I contacted them successfully twice yesterday - very friendly, very helpful. I've had other transactions with them the last year or so that were all great.
Well that explains it. Scott could you please not be so long winded on the phone so as to allow other customers to get in contact with customer service as well

Member since 2009
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

I have had all good dealings with Clean Sweep. Try emailing them if they are not answering the phones. In the past, they have always responded to my emails.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
Well that explains it. Scott could you please not be so long winded on the phone so as to allow other customers to get in contact with customer service as well
lol <=== rare use of text-speak
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Larry

I have had a great many dealings with Steve and Clean Sweep over the years, and have not had a single problem. Their reputation is tops with me.

Sincerely,

Larry
Old 02-02-2013, 01:31 AM
D@rek H.ogue

It seems that everyone here has nothing but good things to say. I am glad you are all happy with your transactions. Personally, I would change a few things, but I will leave it at that.

Thank you for posting your personal experiences.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Not Everyone

I had a problem with their customer service about 5 years ago and will never do business with them again. Maybe they have gotten better?