NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-03-2014, 11:14 AM
David Seid.eman

Default A Short History of Game-Used Dirt

From the Brooklyn Dodgers to the New York Yankees,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidsei...eight-in-gold/
Old 10-03-2014, 12:58 PM
J@son.K

I guess game-used dirt is popular with many, but personally, I think it's weird and kind of lame. Ew...there's probably a bunch of players' spit on there too.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

I actually have some small jars of dirt from various stadiums I've been too. To date I have dirt from the infields of Yankees, Red Sox, Braves, DBacks, Nationals, and Orioles. They are good conversation pieces and the stories of how I got them are fun but I haven't actually paid for any of them.
Drew
Old 10-04-2014, 04:22 AM

Default Stadium dirt confession

Although it is definitely a fringe collectible, I own three different vials of mound dirt in my personal collection. Two of the three I scooped off the mound IP, the third I traded with a close friend and we have joked about it for years. Cost = ZERO $$ Memories and story swapping = priceless

October 1, 1993- Nolan Ryan and George Brett's last game in uniform, last game at the Texas Ranger's Arlington Stadium. I had seats directly behind home plate for this game, and on a whim, asked an usher for permission to scoop some mound dirt for my Ryan collection. He surprisingly obliged. Remember, this was 1993, not 2014.

September 27, 1999- Last game ever at historic Tigers Stadium. Great game, great memories at "The Corner". I took my wife there on our first date together in August, 1989.

2002 World Series Game 7- The Angels finally win the big one after over 40 years as a franchise. I did not get to attend this terrific WS because of the impending birth of my second child, but a close friend secured the dirt and swapped for some of the 1993 Ryan mound dirt.

Although these are not essential to my collection, I have had a lot of fun through the years laughing about all three with other collector friends.

Here are photos of the Oct. 1, 1993 Ryan- Brett game, my Ryan "mound dirt" and my "Last game at Tigers Stadium" and Game 7 2002 World Series dirt.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 10-05-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Curt

I have the Ripken Dugout Dirt card shown in the article, but that is all the dirt in my collection.

I did grab some grass that Dan Meyer sat on when a few of the Mariners did a baseball clinic in my area in 1979 or 1980. For whatever reason, I thought Meyer was the best and decided to pick some grass from where he sat. Not sure what ever happened to it. I don't even know if it made it home with me that day, but I still have the crappy plastic ball and paper scrap that he and a few others signed for me that day.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:52 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I took some dirt from Babe Ruth's grave on the 50th anniversary of his death. And a corn leaf from Field of dreams. Yes its weird but I don't care.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 10-07-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Tags
brooklyn dodgers, derek jeter, new york yankees, steiner sports