NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Alan U

Default Is this a new form of ebay shilling

Or just a mixup, they have other cards with the same problem.

Same card, different sellers, different prices (4 available in each auction):

http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-S74-ROGER-B...item20aae65faf

http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-S74-ROGER-B...item3cb4953872
Old 02-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Dave

Yeah, that 2nd seller was discussed here:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=132599

They will probably disappear when they refuse to pay their huge Ebay bill for the 1000's of items they marked up for sale from other sellers and didn't sell.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Banned

That's interesting. Very good way to play our minds. Too bad for that purpose.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:20 PM

This has been discussed in a couple of different threads.

Sportsgiftsandcollectibles is a rip-off artist.

What they do is find sports items which have a Buy It Now price and then they take that item, put it on their site and jack up the price. When someone buys the item from their site, they immediately go to the original site and buy the item for a lower price and pocket the difference.

With the S74 of Breshnahan you showed, fullcountcollections has a Buy It Now price of $299.99 while sportsgiftsandcollectibles has a Buy It Now price of $458.98.

A few weeks ago, when this was first talked about, the guy had something like 7,000 listings. eBay was notified and they closed the guy down. A few days later he was back at it again.

I am sure if eBay was notified again and they closed him down, he would again pop back up a few days later.

David
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
This has been discussed in a couple of different threads.

Sportsgiftsandcollectibles is a rip-off artist.

What they do is find sports items which have a Buy It Now price and then they take that item, put it on their site and jack up the price. When someone buys the item from their site, they immediately go to the original site and buy the item for a lower price and pocket the difference.

With the S74 of Breshnahan you showed, fullcountcollections has a Buy It Now price of $299.99 while sportsgiftsandcollectibles has a Buy It Now price of $458.98.

A few weeks ago, when this was first talked about, the guy had something like 7,000 listings. eBay was notified and they closed the guy down. A few days later he was back at it again.

I am sure if eBay was notified again and they closed him down, he would again pop back up a few days later.

David

It's a head-scratcher to me.

I looked through as many pages of their ended items as I had the patience for, and didn't find a single sold item.

It must have taken hundreds, if not thousands of hours to put this scheme together, and the only thing I see coming out of it is a huge Ebay bill at the end of the month.

Even if they actually follow through on a few transactions (selling an item, buying from another seller, getting that item in, shipping to the new buyer.......all assuming the original seller didn't already sell the item), I don't see a way of ever breaking even.

There must be something else we're not seeing. Maybe this same seller has a link farm he's sending traffic through these listings to collect Ad dollars from Google or Ebay...............I don't know.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 PM

D. Bergin,

Back in December and for the last couple of weeks (ending Feb. 8), eBay has had a No Listing Fee special going on where you could list up to 100 items a month for free. I don't know how many auctions this guy has going but for November, December, the last part of January and the first week of February, he could list 100 items for free for a total of 400 free listings.

David
Old 02-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
D. Bergin,

Back in December and for the last couple of weeks (ending Feb. 8), eBay has had a No Listing Fee special going on where you could list up to 100 items a month for free. I don't know how many auctions this guy has going but for November, December, the last part of January and the first week of February, he could list 100 items for free for a total of 400 free listings.

David

Yeah, but he has over 7000 "Buy It Now" listings, which is an additional charge.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 PM

That is about how many he had when he was kicked off before. So, I have no clue how he lists so many auctions and pays for them all if he isn't selling anything.

David
Old 02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Pup6913

listing forums like Auctiva allow you to lay out multiple auctions and list all at once. If ebay deletes them its as simple as selecting them again and relisting
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Chuck Tapia

when sportsscammergiftsandjackoffcollector last had his items removed he had 63,000 and were being listed from many other sites, not just e-bay. His listings were growing from 30,000 to 31,000 when I was on the phone with e-bay. They were being listed at a torrid pace. One of many reasons, I rarely contribute or buy a thing from e-bay anymore. The other being GAI Global certified items being sold as real, when they are 99.99% all fake. I knew from the guys e-mail to me they wouldn't stop the a hole for long.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-05-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Clayton

I found something similar to this today when I was searching for Roy Hampton art........found a seller with a couple of pieces of his artwork on ebay,,,,and off of ebay I found a seller of western art with the ebay sellers items.......and I am pretty sure the 2 sellers are not in the buisness together.
They were exactly the same items.

Clayton
Old 02-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Rob
R0bert Ge,ntieu

Sportsandgiftscollectibles now has "4 available" of this Troy Aikman auto patch card linked below.

This specific card is serial-numbered to only 3 ever made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Topps-TROY-AI...item3cb4937efa