NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 09-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Mike

Default Promo Cards

Any opinions on Promo Cards ? These are usually sent to dealers and are not issued in sets or packs etc. Limited Supply but any demand ? Many of HOF'ers and Superstars ? Do you think they may have future upside and value or just junk ?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Steve Birmingham

I think they'll have a wide range of prices, but probably won't get to where the regular cards have. They're not cataloged well, if at all. That makes a lot of difference in popularity.

They had a bit of popularity in the early 90's, but like anything then, some were produced in rather large quantities and some weren't. The tougher ones brought pretty decent prices, but like everything of the era have become very inexpensive.

That being said, I really like them as something a bit unusual. My favorites are the Signature rookies signed promos for the first hockey set. Otherwise normal signed cards, but with a handwritten "promo" where the serial number would be, and ???/XXX numbering written somewhere on the card. I don't even have a full list of how many of each or even if they're all available as promos. And at least for now they're cheap.

Steve B
Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 AM
Al Richter

Default Promo card

i collected all the Topps promo cards through 1994, and all the promo cards for all the Sporting News Conlon sets. They were fun to run down and not expensive at the time, or much in demand. Have not followed them recently
Old 09-28-2016, 05:13 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

Or for Promotional purposes, which this card was included with Tuff Stuff Magazine to boost sales
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Promo 001.jpg (77.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg Promo 002.jpg (78.9 KB, 77 views)
Old 09-28-2016, 05:17 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Found a weird Jordan UD misnumbered on the back. I believe it was a promo and its at psa. Licensed promos are cool, and might be rare. I remember one year at the national score promos were prices through the roof, the next year dealers bulked up...and prices tanked

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors