NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Default Question about selling baseballs

Hello,

I posted over in the BST and got no hits, and have posted the baseballs on ebay and have no hits there as well (set a modest starting bid) so I am looking for advice

I have signed baseballs by most of the modern members of the 500 hit club, here is who I am missing

Mickey Mantle
Harmon Killebrew
Manny Ramirez

My question is, should I get those last 3 members and try to sell it as a lot? If so, should I go eBay or Auction house? I am trying to get the biggest return obviously.

Some have COA and some do not.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

Please post a link to your eBay store or listings.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac2004 View Post
Hello,

I posted over in the BST and got no hits, and have posted the baseballs on ebay and have no hits there as well (set a modest starting bid) so I am looking for advice

I have signed baseballs by most of the modern members of the 500 hit club, here is who I am missing

Mickey Mantle
Harmon Killebrew
Manny Ramirez

My question is, should I get those last 3 members and try to sell it as a lot? If so, should I go eBay or Auction house? I am trying to get the biggest return obviously.

Some have COA and some do not.
Maybe if you said 500 Home Runs instead of 500 hits you would get 500 hits.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Thanks Frank

Here is a link to my ebay page

http://www.ebay.com/usr/isaac_levin
Old 09-24-2013, 02:19 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

All I can say is that selling is a lot tougher than buying.

Your inventory looks great, but is priced the same as multiple other sellers out there. I know that nobody wants to take a loss, but there's no real point of difference between your items and dozens of other similarly priced offerings on ebay.

There is nothing there so rare that it actually stands out. Just a glut of available inventory, and a limited buying market, I'm afraid.

Sellers either have to be really patient, or be willing to mark down to "below market" pricing (for a prompt sale). The only other option is to sell in "true auction format" with a low starting price. Of course that involves more risk, but it does ensure the sale.

Last edited by perezfan; 09-24-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Jeff P0tter

Perezfan pretty much hit the nail on the head with his observations. If selling on ebay, unless the item is quite rare or very unique (meaning there may only be a handful, or less examples for sale), or you are willing to price it accordingly, you will be in for a long wait. The baseballs you are selling just have too much supply for the demand at current prices.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

You have no feedback and you telling people your selling off your collection. I think people might back away. I would take down seeling off my collection.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
John T.
Joh.n Ta.ng

No feedback and also, if you have COA, list it on the title.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Thank you all for the thoughts, I figured that I had mostly commodity stuff.

Would it make more sense to sell it as a "club lot" and list it at some auction houses?

I have seen that lot (500 HR club) go for over 3k on some auctions.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac2004 View Post
Thank you all for the thoughts, I figured that I had mostly commodity stuff.

Would it make more sense to sell it as a "club lot" and list it at some auction houses?

I have seen that lot (500 HR club) go for over 3k on some auctions.
Stop dreaming just sell what you have for a fair price. I thought everything you owned was JSA certed.Or are you just selling what you want to get rid of?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Chuck Tapia

If you really want to sell them, list 5 per week at 9.99.with 7.99 priority shipping. You will be able to send them with tracking through e-bay. The more expensive ones, take pictures of at least 4 panels and give good descriptions of everything. Build up a rep of sending the items the day their paid. E-bay will get you for about 15-20% when it's all done. Some you'll get beat on and some you won't. It should all average out.

The things working against you is the 0 feedback and the lack of good pics. For the most value, take close up shots of the ball, front & back. Like this:
Good Luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carl Hubbel PSA.jpg (68.7 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Carl Hubbel PSA back.jpg (67.0 KB, 95 views)
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Stop dreaming just sell what you have for a fair price. I thought everything you owned was JSA certed.Or are you just selling what you want to get rid of?
I am looking to specialize my collection, and I am going to sell these balls eventually, so might as well do it now
Old 09-24-2013, 09:03 PM
John T.
Joh.n Ta.ng

Believe me, you will have to be patient while selling on ebay. Took me a month to sell this Jeter ball at the price I want, but eventually someone bought it. Don't be surprise people message you with low ball offers.

Last edited by dapro; 09-24-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Kevin R

A couple of notes.

#1 Buy some things on ebay cheap items etc just to get a couple feedback. A lot of 0 accounts are straight scams so people are EXTRA wary.

#2 In my experience most are filtering for lowest starting price which will result in not many seeing your listing at all.

#3 Here is a tip, filter for lowest first in your format and price $1 below the lowest available for an exact match item. This will cause people to find your listing more frequently and for third party engines to feature your ball as well.

If you list at .99 you will have little to no risk of getting a terrible price although I would doubt you would get the high retail number you are looking for. Maybe consider consignment if you have several thousand in high demand balls. Shop around anyone with A TRS or TRSP account will usually do better than a low FB account