NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default another ebay buyer beware...and a pet peeve

I reported this to ebay and of course they are letting it run. I hate it when it's my card that gets copied and sold as "can not vouch for it"......
duh, they can't. It's in my safe deposit box.....note the back wrinkle for absolute id.....

I doubt anyone would bid on this but just in case

http://cgi.ebay.com/1925-BABE-RUTH-D...mZ180389530706

Last edited by Leon; 07-28-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Steve Murray

Strange.

1127 Feedback 100%

Strange.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

I would venture to guess that the seller used Leon's picture to print-out a fake. That would explain the similiar mark on the back side.

Lovely Day...
Old 07-28-2009, 02:32 PM

Didn't the same seller also have a T5 Wagner up on e-bay that was pulled early? I remembered seeing that and seeing the Ruth and thinking something didn't seem right.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpatlv View Post
Didn't the same seller also have a T5 Wagner up on e-bay that was pulled early? I remembered seeing that and seeing the Ruth and thinking something didn't seem right.
That would be eBay at it's best - letting a high volume seller who they have pulled scam listings from stick around to do the same thing again.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Frank Wakefield

I've sent a message to the seller that might have him reconsidering his auction. Good eye, Leon.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Not to hijack the thread; But this just got me wondering:

Is there any way to block a seller on ebay? Like, block a seller so that you don't ever see his items when you search? That would be a very useful tool, to help in not getting ripped off. Is it possible for people to X out items from known unscrupulous sellers?....
Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Steven Finley

Not saying that this guy isn't a scam, I'm really not an expert, but his has a stain in the lower right hand front corner and a crease on the back just below the wrinkle that isn't evident on Leon's card. Being that I've never even seen this card before I have no valid reasoning what so ever. Just mentioning.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default good eye but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Not saying that this guy isn't a scam, I'm really not an expert, but his has a stain in the lower right hand front corner and a crease on the back just below the wrinkle that isn't evident on Leon's card. Being that I've never even seen this card before I have no valid reasoning what so ever. Just mentioning.
Hey Steven
I was fairly careful on being sure. The stain on the lower front corner is from a bad xeroxing/copy. The clincher is the little black spot, on the back at the right top of the wrinkle. Look at where it says "Always open for inspection... " Above that 3rd dot is a black spot that clinches it is the same card. There is a 0 percent chance of that black spot being there, with that long wrinkle, on 2 of these cards. There are probably less than 15-25 of these cards even known...(that's a guess). I understand your reasoning though....take care.....T minus about 29 minutes until I head to the airport.....Scott and I will be getting in around 3:30 to 4:00 today, at the show.....hope to see as many there as can make it. regards
Old 07-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Rich Klein

Default And I guess I'll have the honor

Of Flying on the same plane with Leon and Scott. Hopefully the air staff will ignore the baseball conversations

That is of course; If I read the comments on when Leon and Scott are arriving correctly

Rich
Old 07-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Rich

We are on DFW flight 5982 leaving at 11am and arriving at 2:50pm.....Continental Airlines operated by CO Express/Chatauqua......?