NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 03-24-2016, 04:25 PM

Default BCCG graded cards

Was curious if anyone has submitted a card previously graded by bccg to SGC or PSA? Was just curious as to how close the grade would be to the other 2 notorious grading services? I have noticed that bccg doesn't book or sale as well as SGC,PSA or even BCG and can't really grasp why! Any one have any input on this subject?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:32 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoebob69 View Post
Was curious if anyone has submitted a card previously graded by bccg to SGC or PSA? Was just curious as to how close the grade would be to the other 2 notorious grading services? I have noticed that bccg doesn't book or sale as well as SGC,PSA or even BCG and can't really grasp why! Any one have any input on this subject?
http://www.beckett.com/grading/compare-our-services This should help. It shows the differences between Beckett grading services. They are basically a very low end version of Beckett.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Bill Avery

BCCG has a completely different grading scale from any of the other grading companies including Beckett. The BCCG grading scale is:

BCCG 10 Mint or Better = BGS 9 or Better
BCCG 9 Near Mint or Better = BGS 7 or Better
BCCG 8 Excellent or Better = BGS 5 or Better
BCCG 7 Very Good or Better = BGS 3 or Better
BCCG 6 Good or Better = BGS 2 or Better
BCCG 5 Poor or Better = BGS 1 or Better
Old 03-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Mike Vosburg

A few years ago I bought a 1988 Fleer ProCards BCCG 10 Craig Biggio, it was a great looking card so I cracked it out and subbed to PSA and it is now in a PSA 10 holder.

Also I did a similar crack out on a BCCG 10 1984 Donruss Darryl Strawberry, now in a PSA 9 holder.

All depends on the card
Old 03-26-2016, 03:57 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

BCCG has low resale value because of their odd grading scale (5-10) and the fact that they come as a freebie in some of those grab bag blaster boxes at Wal-Mart. "Get a graded card" they say. But then they give you a BCCG and you just feel wronged. Plus people that like Beckett for the rugged cases don't like that BCCG are in the flimsy ones that don't stack well with BGS/BVG.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:05 PM
Dave Foster

Never have understood Beckett's corporate think in doing this, other than to chase the almighty dollar. Seems like it would only lessen the image / prestige of their main line, a BVG slab. I compare it to a Ferrari car dealership that under the same banner would also sell Yugos
Old 03-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Scott Silvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
Never have understood Beckett's corporate think in doing this, other than to chase the almighty dollar. Seems like it would only lessen the image / prestige of their main line, a BVG slab. I compare it to a Ferrari car dealership that under the same banner would also sell Yugos
So they could give Tristar something to have put in their products. LOL