NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-16-2016, 11:01 PM
Bill Gregory

Default Things that make you go, "hmm".

Oh, no. Just....no

Somebody at Topps must have had a little too much to drink before heading to the factory. I've seen some miscuts in my time, but this takes the cake.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Larry More.y

A real challenge would be to build an entire 75 set with miscuts like this one.....okay, maybe it would not be such a challenge after all.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Ben North

That is probably the stock photo they use on all 75 Munson cards. As a error variation collector I learned to avoid that seller a long time ago.

Is a cool looking miscut pictured. A sheet of cards an a razor blade is how most came about.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:48 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I like the fact that seller rates card as Very Good. Hell, why not Near Mint?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Steve Birmingham

I think that's about as much of a diamond cut as you could get from the factory. I have one somewhere that's pretty close.

The Holtzman and Allen are factory for sure, I got the Holtzman in a pack when it was new. The 75 is cut from a sheet, I bought it as a miscut but later found out it was from a sheet that was badly damaged and at the time unsaleable. About half the sheet was stained and badly crumpled, but the rest made a couple 9 card panels with more popular players and a few of these really way overdone "miscuts". Back then it was really cheap, maybe a quarter instead of a nickel. And when the guy eventually told me he gave me some free stuff to make up for it. It was sort of a game, he'd occasionally show me stuff he knew was bad to see if I'd spot the problems. The 75 "miscut" was the only one I got wrong.

Steve B
Old 03-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Bill Gregory

Somebody bought it. Huh.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Somebody bought it. Huh.
Probably a forum member. Hopefully the get the card pictured if they wanted the miscut. Says in their description many images are catalog photos. Another words they use a picture of a error/variation card and send a normal card. Pretty common on eBay now. I fell for it a couple months ago.