NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-23-2016, 11:37 AM
Mark

Default Anyone know if the louisville ky Memorial Day weekend antique market

Anybody know if the antique market at the Kentucky expo is any good to buy or sell memorabilia? I am an antique dealer and want to thin my sports collection, trying to decide if it's worth taking a heavy dose of sports stuff or if I should stick to more general merchandise. I've not been there before so any opinion would help.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:22 PM

I live about 3 hours away, been there many times looking for sports stuff. The last few years has been pretty slim. Good antique flee market, don't totally load up on sports but if you have a good selection of vintage sports items you should do OK.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Tom Boblitt

It's not what it was in the 1990's but, then again, what is? There is a HUGE crowd there typically. There used to be a really good selection of antiques which drew a better crowd for buying. There are very few sports dealers there with anything older than the 1980's, so you might do well. There are people who are looking for that kind of stuff, including me. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2016, 03:56 PM
Mark

sounds like my local market a few serious collectors and throngs of folks who seem mostly interested in standing in the food line. Ill take a broad selection hopefully Ill have some of the right stuff. I usually enjoy myself anyway and maybe I'll meet some new friends.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Jim Murphy

Plenty of buyers right here
Old 05-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
Plenty of buyers right here
+1. If you are looking to thin your antique sports collection, plenty of serious collectors on this forum.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Mark

I guess that is true. I generally like to sell in person, but we've all seen the opportunity to sale at sports shows is very limited and the ones there are cost a ton to setup. I'll post pictures of my setup Friday and people can let me know if they see something there interested in.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Mark

Well the market is exactly what I expected, but met a couple nice folks and moved a few sports items so far. If your in louisville area stop by or drop me a message if you see anything your interested in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (74.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 05-27-2016, 04:09 PM
K Farrell

Nice set up - I like the Red Grange Illinois pennant. I had good success thinning out the collection by selling at the Elkhorn antique market in Wisconsin a few times each summer. Although the $20 price point seemed to be the sweet spot. Good luck this weekend.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Mark

this is a multiple day show so I hope to move some more tomorrow. I sold several items today which totaled enough to pay for the 29 Cubs series program I just won from huggins Scott, so it's working ok. Move a multiple of lesser items and get a single nicer item.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
It's not what it was in the 1990's but, then again, what is? There is a HUGE crowd there typically. There used to be a really good selection of antiques which drew a better crowd for buying. There are very few sports dealers there with anything older than the 1980's, so you might do well. There are people who are looking for that kind of stuff, including me. Good luck!
Those were the days!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."