NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Kev1n @1les

Default Bummer...need some help...

I bought a 55 Berra PSA 6 a couple of weeks ago. It arrived this week and when I opened it up, the slab was cracked. It looked almost as if someone hit it with a hammer - as that was the only way that it would have cracked like that.

From what I can see, the card appears undamaged. I still need the card to complete my upgrade, but I don't want the slab to look like that.

I sent a note to the seller. he wasn't a huge power seller, but had a lot of positives. His response to me was very accusatory - "how do you think it happened??" then he said to send it back to him so he could inspect it more closely.

I was thinking about it and got more irritated. It was showing in the tracking and then disappeared for 4 days and then suddenly showed up. It looks like it was damaged in the processing machine. I don't know why I am the one under investigation - as I bought it, paid for it immediately, and then waited nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive - while 2 other orders that I made after that arrived before it. I don't want to send it back until I know that a refund is coming as "send it back so that I can insepct it" doesn't seem very promising. I can always hold onto it and get it reslabbed at the national - as it will probably cost as much to pack, ship, and insure back to him - but I am absorbing liability on this when it was a shipping issue.

I know that this is a post war card - so please forgive if it is in the wrong place, but I was hoping to get some eyes on this - and if the answer is "just get over it and get it reslabbed in AC" then I will accept that as sound advice and call it a cost of doing business.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yogi.jpg (9.7 KB, 198 views)

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 05-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Reg

My .02 cents...If your happy with the card and it's not damaged, keep it and resubmit when you can. Not worth the hassle/time to look for another one if this fits your set "the card I mean"
Old 05-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Ask the seller for a little bit of a refund. That should help with the resubmitting.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Kev1n @1les

I thought about that but he already seems to think he is getting played and I am hesitant to do anything that would perpetuate that. .

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 05-19-2016, 12:58 PM
Jeff P0tter

If you send it back there is no way you will not get a refund. Just make sure it has tracking so delivery can be confirmed. If you do decide to send it back, I wouldn't have any additional banter with the seller, just open a return and send it back, and wait for the refund. If he doesn't provide the refund in a timely fashion, eBay will step in and take care of it.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Jason A. Schwartz

I would rather pay to re-slab than incur the stress and hassle of dealing with someone you're already not crazy about. But my larger worry would be the card itself...hard to imagine that much stress on the case would leave the card as good as before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 05-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Peter Spaeth

If you love the card, keep it and just eat the fee to regrade it. If it's fungible and you can find another, return it, you will win that dispute on not as described grounds. I don't see a middle ground where you can force a partial reimbursement though.