NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Default My time machine is almost done!!!!!

Posted By: sean

Its been 15 years in the making but its almost done. My assistant successfully traveled back in time for 5 seconds. Its a matter of time (no pun intended) before I get the kinks out and am on my way.
My plan is to hoard up all the pre ww2 cards I can get and than give them away on here. The idea is to cause a baseball card crash making their worth plumit and thus affordable to all of us who collect for the fun of it. Or at the very least, will put coach's corner outta business.
any thoughts?

Old 04-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Stone

Please stop in 1910 and pick up a handful of Casey Stengel and Joe Jackson T-210s --I can't seem to win one at auction so this might be the answer to my problem. Congratulations.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

A bunch of t204 Square frames please...

Old 04-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave S

Grab me boxes and boxes of Cracker Jack's...

Old 04-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

With all due respect for BB cards, please pilfer Gehrig and Foxx's MVP Trophys will ya ? I'll hand you 10K the second you return. have a nice trip...

Old 04-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I would like Hal Chase's cup.

If you can grab that for me - that would be appreciated.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jeffdrum

You may want to make sure Hal is done playing before you grab his cup! There can be some hot shots down that first base line!

Old 04-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I should have clarified....
I want the cup (or trophy) pictured in the T206.

Not the one that protected his manhood.

If I get that trophy (safer to use the word trophy now especially for this next sentence)...
I would bring it to any NY Dinner and use it to drink out of -
Would love to see Jeff L.'s face if I did that!

Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed

I'll take the Big Train Ramly.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Target the factories that made the cards, and bring back an example of a sheet or strip for each set. I bet most were made by only a few printing houses, so you should be able to do this in only a few stops.

Stop into a few candy stores or 5/10's and grab one of every candy box they have or any cards out on the counter. Maybe we'll see where the E101's, E102's, etc came from.

While you're at it, knock on a door in Louisiana and another in Michigan and ask the residents where the Tango Egg and Herp's cards came from.

And every HOF'er card you can get your hands on - a nice market crash may be the only way I can get many of them.

J

Old 04-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Will the cards you grab that are currently in people's collections right now cause them to disappear in today's world? In that case they will need to rebuy and the market won't crash.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I have an 1854 $5 gold piece. I'd like for you to take that back to May, 1915. Bet it to win on Regret in the Kentucky Derby. Take the winnings and order me as many of those 25 cent sets of 176 1915 Cracker Jack cards as you can... keep the change.

With those, I could sell a few next month and have cash for buying the other cards I'd want. That way you don't have to hunt around for them. Put a couple of dollars on Regret, yourself. But don't bet him so hard you screw up the odds, please.

Thank you.

Frank.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

like Joann mentioned, hit the printers shops, and run off a few more T206 Wagners, then make off with a stack of uncut sheets...but bring me back 25-30 or so of the Lajoie w/bat!

Also, if you could stop off and grab Shoeless Joe's attention after a game in 1918, and try to explain that if he goes along with the fix the next year, that there will be a century's worth of disappointed fans.

make sure to lift pristine T200s off the printing presses too!

there's so much more, but that's enough for now!
Thanks,
Jason L

Old 04-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed Hans

While you're at it, scoot over to the South Pacific and pick up some T215 Pirate backs.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: sean

Well first, If I buy them then they will disappear. However you will never know oyu had the card because you will of never had it in the first place because I would have got them 80 years ago+. However, I will find out what everyone likes and send you 100 card lots to make everyone happy. Hopefully all value will go down thus weeding out the "Sellers" and making us "collectors" very happy. Not that there is anything wrong with sellers but wouldnt it be so much better to do this for fun?
Regarding the hal chase trophy, I just picked up two bios on him to find out when he gets it. I plan to go back, tell em who to bet on in the next game in return for the trophy. I plan on etting a lot of autographs too so whomever wants something sepcific, please let me know. I plan on finishing off my 33 goudey set (I need 80 more).

Old 04-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ken McMillan

I could use a complete collection of Koester bread cards, Ruth included please.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: lee

Put me down for some drum, red hindus, and uzit t206, Also, a few crofts cocoa would be great!