NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 10-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Al Jurgela

Default SGC and Soccer Cards

Hello everybody...

Thought that I would let you know that I have been working with SGC to grade some soccer cards. The first set that they have added to the registry is the Tinghalls set from 1950. Have number of others, but will be expanding in the coming months.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Al
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 10-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post
Hello everybody...

Thought that I would let you know that I have been working with SGC to grade some soccer cards. The first set that they have added to the registry is the Tinghalls set from 1950. Have number of others, but will be expanding in the coming months.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Al
Bravo, Al !

Anyone but PSA. They cannot be entrusted with a serious soccer card collection.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Bill

Thanks for sharing, Al!

I have had about 10 soccer cards graded by SGC. They seem pretty good, but I can't seem to get them to grade Monte Cudines for some reason. I have around 20 and want to show them many samples so I can get the Di Stefano graded.

I haven't paid attention to the registry, so kudos to you for getting them on the ball!

Vintage Soccer (mainly pre-1930 and cards of the greats from any years)

Check out my site: CollectFutbol.com
Old 10-22-2014, 06:15 AM

Al, great work! Getting those Tinghälls graded is great for the whole hobby.

Bill, if you get your Monte Cudines Di Stefano graded, please do let me know. I also have one that would like to see locked in, in a plastic prison for ever.

MySoccerCards.com

Last edited by SECollector; 10-22-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I have a 1959 Heinerle and 1965 Crack Pele slabbed by SGC and they've done some 1967 Crack Campeones boxers for me, so those issues should be readily accepted [probably will send them the 67 Pele and Yashin when the special is right]. I'd like to get some others done too, like my 68 Pele. I have a pretty good rapport with the people there so I am optimistic.

If you need support on Argentinean cards I found a really good reference called "Difíciles Eran Las De Antes" that I bought through Amazon. Since I don't read Spanish well it is a slow slog but with a translate program I make it work as needed. It cover Argentinean futbol cards 1910-2013 with lots of pictures and has helped me ID some cards. It could serve as proof for a TPG of what specific cards are. There also was a museum exhibition in Argentina, with some pictures and info online if anyone is interested:

http://www.cultura.gob.ar/agenda/mue...e-1920-a-1990/

Youtube video of the exhibit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj8TtiMW0ec

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-23-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:05 PM

Nice to sgc start grade these. I'm looking for a checklist for 2 sets from Argentina. 1978 "Libro de Estampas Argentina Campeón" and 1980 Deportistas. Thanks for any info
Old 10-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Al Jurgela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan833 View Post
Thanks for sharing, Al!

I have had about 10 soccer cards graded by SGC. They seem pretty good, but I can't seem to get them to grade Monte Cudines for some reason. I have around 20 and want to show them many samples so I can get the Di Stefano graded.

I haven't paid attention to the registry, so kudos to you for getting them on the ball!
Bill / all,

I will see what I can do on the Monte Cundines guys.... I have a few as well. Has taken about six months to get a large submission back. I hope to post some of my favorites soon.

Al
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 12-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default Sgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I have a 1959 Heinerle and 1965 Crack Pele slabbed by SGC and they've done some 1967 Crack Campeones boxers for me, so those issues should be readily accepted [probably will send them the 67 Pele and Yashin when the special is right]. I'd like to get some others done too, like my 68 Pele. I have a pretty good rapport with the people there so I am optimistic.

If you need support on Argentinean cards I found a really good reference called "Difíciles Eran Las De Antes" that I bought through Amazon. Since I don't read Spanish well it is a slow slog but with a translate program I make it work as needed. It cover Argentinean futbol cards 1910-2013 with lots of pictures and has helped me ID some cards. It could serve as proof for a TPG of what specific cards are. There also was a museum exhibition in Argentina, with some pictures and info online if anyone is interested:

http://www.cultura.gob.ar/agenda/mue...e-1920-a-1990/

Youtube video of the exhibit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj8TtiMW0ec
I know this is from some time ago. I've been absent from collecting cards for a while. Firstly, excellent feature on Argentine cards. I am glad to see more people in North America involved in researching these cards.

Although I have been an opponent of grading cards for profit, the proper labeling and safe guarding of vintage samples can only be helpful.

That said, I am still dead set against PSA and their flagrant disregard for accurate labeling. I have a file a dozens of erroneous labeled soccer cards to the detriment of those trying to learn.

Lastly, although it has been a few years, I wrote some of the first article in SGC Magazine about soccer cards. I am happy to see the improved interest and information.

If anyone has experience in the process of mailing cards to SGC, I would be eager to hear your insight.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

My interest in Argentinean cards is really tangential to boxing cards, which often are in the futbol sets due to Niccolino Locche and Pascual Perez.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...